Hardware Banned from Eshop, Club.Nintendo, and Game Updates

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I always thought the ban would not carry onto a never used 3ds, since it is a new system, then I thought the OP would have to abandon the existing NNID account and 3ds. As for Sky3DS, the OP can always download a 3ds or 3dz version of the said game and place it into sky's micro SD card. So does this mean it's an IP ban? Oh shoot, I just had a realized, if VC games were purchased, then those cannot be used in Sky3DS:wacko:.
Oh, I'm dumb. Yeah moving everything over to another 3DS could work. The system transfer probably won't transfer the ban, or if it does then he could just format the 3DS afterwards to remove everything that was transferred. The question is whether the system transfer will work at all when the console is banned. It might fail when it connects to the servers.

Reactions: MochaMilk

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I'm dumb. Yeah moving everything over to another 3DS could work. The system transfer probably won't transfer the ban, or if it does then he could just format the 3DS afterwards to remove everything that was transferred. The question is whether the system transfer will work at all when the console is banned. It might fail when it connects to the servers.

I cant do anything without nintendo's "OK".
I tried formatting the system, then the memory, and even tried to do system transfer. they all failed cause of the error code nintendo stuck onto my 3DS.
Do you think by any chance that the ban will lift by time?
But then again, we're talking about the same people that ban smash players for 136 years...
(and yes I have a second 3ds, but that one is banned too, because I used my credit card with it. )

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I cant do anything without nintendo's "OK".
I tried formatting the system, then the memory, and even tried to do system transfer. they all failed cause of the error code nintendo stuck onto my 3DS.
Do you think by any chance that the ban will lift by time?
But then again, we're talking about the same people that ban smash players for 136 years...
(and yes I have a second 3ds, but that one is banned too, because I used my credit card with it. )
Probably not, but if you can get your bank to sort out the chargebacks then Nintendo are more likely to help you out.

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably not, but if you can get your bank to sort out the chargebacks then Nintendo are more likely to help you out.

I'm sorry..My depression got the better of me and I just caved in and gave up on the matter.
On Gamestop's online page, they showed an Xbox slim (S model) for about $150, including 5 free games. I added the trade values of my circle pad pro, XL, original 3DS, and defected Xbox 360 with it's components, to value over $100...the guy over the counter was very dishonest and jacked the price up to $190. (Math may be off. Was very tired while typing this comment to the point of not even being able to do it correctly ^^; )

They totally ruined the value of what I was trading as well, to sum it up to $40 in worth...so I had to pay out of pocket $110. And if that wasn't hurtful enough on my feelings, they also gave me a Pre-owned, scuffed up, and dirty E-model...without the games...And still freezes, but has no red ring.
they didn't accept my original 3DS because of the missing serial number. But that only has Mario bros, Smash and Tomodachi life on it.

So that nobody thinks I was being hardheaded, I stayed on the phone with the bank for an hour trying to get them to set matters straight on what happened, but they said over and over that they cant do anything for me.
I even walked to the bank in person and they told me that I'd have to find another way around it.

I'm very appreciative of your's and everyone else's support with my issue though. Honestly, this is the most help I've gotten asking on the internet.
So I deeply thank you all.

Maybe I can just save up and buy another 3DS in the future. I saw one in the store for like... $80. I'd have gotten it, but then I'd have to buy stuff for it all over again. I already owned 360 games, so its just more convenient that way.
Depression doesn't hurt as bad when you know people actually try helping you. So again, for the third time, I know. lol
Thank you. (and sorry for such a long reply. I can get deep into my comments at times )

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm sorry..My depression got the better of me and I just caved in and gave up on the matter.
On Gamestop's online page, they showed an Xbox slim (S model) for about $150, including 5 free games. I added the trade values of my circle pad pro, XL, original 3DS, and defected Xbox 360 with it's components, to value over $100...the guy over the counter was very dishonest and jacked the price up to $190. (Math may be off. Was very tired while typing this comment to the point of not even being able to do it correctly ^^; )

They totally ruined the value of what I was trading as well, to sum it up to $40 in worth...so I had to pay out of pocket $110. And if that wasn't hurtful enough on my feelings, they also gave me a Pre-owned, scuffed up, and dirty E-model...without the games...And still freezes, but has no red ring.
they didn't accept my original 3DS because of the missing serial number. But that only has Mario bros, Smash and Tomodachi life on it.

So that nobody thinks I was being hardheaded, I stayed on the phone with the bank for an hour trying to get them to set matters straight on what happened, but they said over and over that they cant do anything for me.
I even walked to the bank in person and they told me that I'd have to find another way around it.

I'm very appreciative of your's and everyone else's support with my issue though. Honestly, this is the most help I've gotten asking on the internet.

Maybe I can just save up and buy another 3DS in the future. I saw one in the store for like... $80. I'd have gotten it, but then I'd have to buy stuff for it all over again. I already owned 360 games, so its just more convenient that way.
Depression doesn't hurt as bad when you know people actually try helping you. So again, for the third time, I know. lol
Thank you. (and sorry for such a long reply. I can get deep into my comments at times )

Man, you were screwed by Nintendo then screwed by Gamestop and you still are able to keep composed. I respect you.
It is so unfair, well at least I hope you have a good time with your new Xbox.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I see... It sucks when companies screw you over and are unwilling to sort out the problems they caused.
I would go back to gamestop and show them your receipt, referring them to the ad on their online page, they should sort out the issue, and at the very least give you the free games and $40 back. Normally stores are very helpful when they make a mistake, but it's good idea to ask to talk to the manager if the person behind the counter isn't being helpful.
If the person behind the counter and the manager won't help you then I would never go back to that store.

I can understand if you just don't wanna bother, but at the very least you should go there and show them the receipt and the online ad and see what they say. I got shafted in a similar way at GameStop once but it was a screw-up in their computer system or they had forgotten to press a button when they entered my order.

The story is, I bought a Wii U there at launch with NSMBU and later on the same day I went back there for something else, and I noticed they had an offer for Wii U + NSMBU at a discount, I remembered seeing that same ad there when I was there earlier, but I didn't read what it said at the time. So I brought my receipt and pointed it out to them and they told me I had to bring the empty Wii U box so they could read the serial number off it or scan the barcode or something, not quite sure. Well I came back with the box and there was another guy there who told me they didn't need the box after all (must've been the manager since he clearly knew their system better), but he quickly refunded me the difference and I was on my way.

What the guy did was probably sell you just the Model E on its own rather than selling you the Slim bundle. They can be rather dense sometimes so you have to make sure you are buying the right thing. If you had pointed out that you wanted the bundle with 5 games (referring him to the online ad) for $150 as soon as you saw the price was wrong, it could have been sorted out immediately. As for trade-in prices, I would normally say that that's just how GameStop works, but they should pay more than that for two working 3DSes (unless they are even worse in US than they are here...) Not sure what happened there. Hell you can get a brand new Model E for that price... I would never pay that much for a used console with no extras.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
some of the ppl says that nintendo only bans 3ds for 15days after that it will unbanned try my stuff or w8 for 15 days and seeB-)

This is not the same as the bans people were getting when using public headers with Sky3DS/Gateway 3DS. Those bans only prevented online gaming and lasted only a couple weeks. In those instances, eShop use was still possible.

This kind of ban is a total ban of the console. So it's permanent unless Nintendo can be convinced to lift it.

D

Deleted-355425

I find it hard to ask questions because I just don't know what to say, or how to speak up in those type of situations...the atmosphere is so awkward...

tell them what you want, end of the day they are providing a service and want your money.

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Obviously to be unbanned, first and foremost, you'd need to pay back all the money that was refunded to your account. So when you call them, you have to state you'd be willing to do that or they'll just laugh at you.

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
when banks can take money from nintendo just like that, how can they be sure it won't happen again? I can totally understand why nintendo is spooked and it is totally the bank's fault

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1