Hardware Banned from Eshop, Club.Nintendo, and Game Updates

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So..My family credit card was hacked as of last month. This alarmed my bank and they decided to execute multiple charge-backs on several items I've purchased for the past 6 months...without asking me first.
They even did charge-backs on my recently purchased 3DS games. Nintendo had to refund me back my money. I for some odd reason can still play them though. :blink:

BUT.
I can't access my Club.nintendo account, because they deactivated it. I was also banned from the eshop.
This leaves me without being able to digitally download games to my 3DS, if not at all. Also I cant update smash bros without it. Sooo no online mode, or new features...yay..

I even called "Nintendo's professional support team" over the phone because for some reason, helping me over the internet just wouldn't work.
The lady over the phone was very uncaring. She kept talking to her friends, taking a long time to respond, and didn't help me at all. I really don't wanna call back. I'm very unsatisfied...:unsure:

They think I'm trying to claim false charges. So, I'm pretty hurt right now.
I won my 3DS in a giveaway..the first thing I've ever won in my life..and now it feels completely wrong.
I downloaded over 35 games onto it, and Nintendo just slaps me in the face like that.:glare:

Does anybody know how I can get them to un-ban me?
Or at least get rid of the dumb "005-5964" Error code? :nds:

Thanks! :lol: (EDIT: I have called them twice, but they still said no, i'm afraid. I looked up if I can change my ID but I'd have to lose all of my games, which I cant re-download. I figure that since, I'm pretty sure they'll remove the games anyway soon, I should just go through with it...Any opinions? Also thank you all for your feedback! :)

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn that really sucks.
The only thing i can say is that you will have to call them again and they will have to charge you for all the games there where charged back.

Id call them and just say.
"My son got can no longer get online with his 3ds and this is the code."

then have them check this out and when they tell you if was because of a charge back. Then tell them
"What is needed to fix this."

because right now they basically lock your 3ds as stolen

MochaMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn that really sucks.
The only thing i can say is that you will have to call them again and they will have to charge you for all the games there where charged back.

Id call them and just say.
"My son got can no longer get online with his 3ds and this is the code."

then have them check this out and when they tell you if was because of a charge back. Then tell them
"What is needed to fix this."

because right now they basically lock your 3ds as stolen

Hmmm, I see. I'll give it a try :) Thanks!

Reactions: Margen67

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's very unusual, they're usually very professional when I've called. I lost access to a TON of Wii Virtual Console stuff a few years back on an old Wii that I didn't even have access to anymore, and they were able to credit the amount to my Wii U without any issues after they validated my situation.

I know you don't want to call back, but I'd recommend it.

MochaMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's very unusual, they're usually very professional when I've called. I lost access to a TON of Wii Virtual Console stuff a few years back on an old Wii that I didn't even have access to anymore, and they were able to credit the amount to my Wii U without any issues after they validated my situation.

I know you don't want to call back, but I'd recommend it.

Okay, I will try again. :)

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I have not been banned on eshop, despite that, this is a small part of the reason why I prefer physical copies. Another reason I prefer physical copies, is because I can play it on any number of 3DS without having to call Nintendo, or do that silly system transfer, as most often times the saves resides in the physical copies itself. It would be hard for Nintendo to prevent you from playing physical copies of the game, even if the charges were revoked. Only thing would be that you won't be able to update your game due to being banned on eshop. Purchasing a 3DS and physical copies of the said games should get around this issue if a phone call does not help, although may not be cost viable.

MochaMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I have not been banned on eshop, despite that, this is a small part of the reason why I prefer physical copies. Another reason I prefer physical copies, is because I can play it on any number of 3DS without having to call Nintendo, or do that silly system transfer, as most often times the saves resides in the physical copies itself. It would be hard for Nintendo to prevent you from playing physical copies of the game, even if the charges were revoked. Only thing would be that you won't be able to update your game due to being banned on eshop. Purchasing a 3DS and physical copies of the said games should get around this issue if a phone call does not help, although may not be cost viable.

I wish I had thought of that. But sadly the area I'm in has high crime, and I'm honestly scared to leave me house for anything but walking to work and grocery shopping...I could switch to game cards, but sadly its too late. I tried formatting my memory and then formatting the system itself. both failed, because Nintendo is still blocking my system. I even called them again this afternoon and they still didn't help me out much. I was even asked not to call them again. All I wanted was a handheld to play games with my long distance friends. But now I cant even do that for long.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you get a person who will not help. Ask to speak to a higher up.
as this guy says. typically asking to speak to a higher up gets better results when they won't help. sometimes they even become more willing when you mention that. it is a bit unprofessional to be told not to call again after 2 attempts of trying to resolve a screw up between you the CC company and nintendo. hell its not like ur trying to get em for free. ur just trying to resolve the issue

MochaMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as this guy says. typically asking to speak to a higher up gets better results when they won't help. sometimes they even become more willing when you mention that. it is a bit unprofessional to be told not to call again after 2 attempts of trying to resolve a screw up between you the CC company and nintendo. hell its not like ur trying to get em for free. ur just trying to resolve the issue

Yes, I'm more than willing to pay them again. I just want a working system. I'd hate for it to go to waste and collect dust.
I'll try again tomorrow..it's past phone hours here.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Nintendo will not help you, you could resort to using either gateway if your sysnand is at 9.2 or below or sky3ds. This way you can download all the games you have bought from eshop previously, although through not so legal means. Only thing is with this, you won't be able to update your game, unless you acquire another 3DS. I think flash cards may be more of a better option for you, if Nintendo refuses to help you. Another thing you could do, if you have another CC, then you could try to let Nintendo know that you're willing to re-buy all the games that you have purchase with a different CC, and also perhaps make up a story that the first one screwed up and you want to rectify the issue. Although most likely won't work, but you could try if you haven't already.

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
I agreed with RandomUser.

I'm no fans of eshop and digital download games from Nintendo. I heard a lot of people are complain on Nintendo for get banned and other problems like on eshop, etc. I stick with Physical copy than digital download. Because digital download games would never give our money back (no refund, I'm serious) if our Nintendo system get broke down or worn out for reasons. I sure all people would worry about digital problems anytime in near future. If what happen if internet get stop working? Think again. They will stuck out of their life and lost all money. I hate digital download games that is why I against them. I love old fashion way since NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, Gameboy Color, GBA, Nintendo DS, and 3DS/New 3DS systems without internet by use game cards and disc. I never trust eshop, etc like online due to many problems. Game physical copy and flash cards are best for us to use them. I'm happy with my physical copy games and my flash card - Acekard 2i in my life to enjoy them. People need to stay away from digital download games that what they are bought for them!

Reactions: RandomUser

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't a Nintendo problem, it's a bank problem. You need to call your bank and straighten out the chargeback on the games you purchased so they can make your linked account (and the card number linked to said account) right again. The bank probably issued a new card and card number by now, and you can call Nintendo to try and make it right too, but I would start at the bank since they caused the problem.

pdensco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
delete ur old mii caracter and add new on and u will get a new frnd code then w8 for over 5 hours and then see your un banned:yaysp: i did that when my 3ds was banned so i deleted my old mii caracter and the next day i tried to go online and it worked

pdensco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
some of the ppl says that nintendo only bans 3ds for 15days after that it will unbanned try my stuff or w8 for 15 days and seeB-)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If Nintendo will not help you, you could resort to using either gateway if your sysnand is at 9.2 or below or sky3ds. This way you can download all the games you have bought from eshop previously, although through not so legal means. Only thing is with this, you won't be able to update your game, unless you acquire another 3DS. I think flash cards may be more of a better option for you, if Nintendo refuses to help you. Another thing you could do, if you have another CC, then you could try to let Nintendo know that you're willing to re-buy all the games that you have purchase with a different CC, and also perhaps make up a story that the first one screwed up and you want to rectify the issue. Although most likely won't work, but you could try if you haven't already.
Another 3DS won't do him much for updating games. Updates are stored on the 3DS SD card and are console specific.
Sky3DS can't run eShop games either. The only option there is Gateway.
This isn't a Nintendo problem, it's a bank problem. You need to call your bank and straighten out the chargeback on the games you purchased so they can make your linked account (and the card number linked to said account) right again. The bank probably issued a new card and card number by now, and you can call Nintendo to try and make it right too, but I would start at the bank since they caused the problem.
I agree with this. However he will still need Nintendo to unban him in the end.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another 3DS won't do him much for updating games. Updates are stored on the 3DS SD card and are console specific.
Sky3DS can't run eShop games either. The only option there is Gateway.
I always thought the ban would not carry onto a never used 3ds, since it is a new system, then I thought the OP would have to abandon the existing NNID account and 3ds. As for Sky3DS, the OP can always download a 3ds or 3dz version of the said game and place it into sky's micro SD card. So does this mean it's an IP ban? Oh shoot, I just had a realized, if VC games were purchased, then those cannot be used in Sky3DS:wacko:.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-