Status
Not open for further replies.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Look, I have an account there, I have a fucktonne of PTZ too.
But I'll never get anything with said ptz for several reasons:

1) They are always out of stock
2) They still haven't fixed the password reset (what, 3 months now)
3) They're using Apache on a shitty server, if they want it to be better, they should switch to lighttpd
4) This "board" of members isn't gonna benefit anyone outside said board.
5) They are a company with no clear business plan. BUST.

Just ban it already, the people are tricking themselves into thinking they'll get stuff (if anyone wants my autodaliesbot just ask, automaticly does shit)
Pretty much every popular forum I see made an exception for "this one site" BECAUSE its bigger than other sites. BECAUSE every 8yrold thinks they'll get a free wii.

Also, if you don't have enough irl friends to get zlisted, then you should go back to your cave anyways.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
What PharaohsVizier said, why not make one huge kittens thread and lock any other threads about it? I'm sure people have some legitimate feline-related questions that aren't advertizing or spamming. "What should I get", "my points are stuck at 'Pending'", "halp plz"; stuff that shouldn't be banned because it's not (technically) against the rules, but is close enough to fuzzy propaganda to annoy other people, and should therefore be confined to one general kitten discussion thread, stickied somewhere.

In closing, have some fuzzy kittens.

lgwiz02715%20fluffy-kittens-cute-baby-cats-poster.jpg
gray-persian-kitten.jpg
PAPERP_4.png
01209.jpg
cat-photographers-jane-burton.jpg

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeez those images are big... At the very least they don't stretch the screen...

And even if you don't get anything doesn't mean that the site isn't real or that the site is a scam. It just means you're unlucky. With all the people on the site now (jeez redeems make the site lag like hell), it's a miracle the site doesn't just fall apart. For an upstart they are doing pretty well.

And for those who care, they say the site will always be in stock when it finally opens in a few days.

And another thing: It's freaking free stuff with no strings attached. Try finding that anywhere else.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
stab244 said:
no strings attached
You don't quite grasp what that phrase means, because it definitely can't be applied to Fuzzy Kittenz here.

Incidentally, kittens love string.
happy.gif

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only things that I can think of right now is giving up your address and time to get your stuff.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
They have you running around advertizing them. Merely having a referral link in your sig won't bring in enough clicks (and subsequently PTZ), so you have to spam the boards, join forums, create "inconspicuous" topics to get people to click your link and make you enough points to get a prize. Basically, you put time and effort into creating public exposure for them. That's quite a length of string right there.

And as far as getting paid for posting ads is concerned, I prefer AdSense.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes make a thread for L ockerz and let us talk about it there people who dont like fuzzy kittens can keep their @$$s outta that thread i mean its a perfeact idea even dsdatabase has one why not us

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
acctually everybody who has fuzzy kittens invites in their sig and is a member of fuzzy kittens too would want it it would reduce the spam only to that thread please mods give it a chance if thingsgo crazy lock it

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Filtering the word would be funny at least
tongue.gif

Shouldn't people be allowed to talk about what they like? Sure, it's a gaming forum, but there are non-gaming sections and as long as they talk about it in the appropriate sections, unless it goes under one of the other general rules like spam, I can't understand how anyone could suggest banning people for it.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar said:
acctually everybody who has fuzzy kittens invites in their sig and is a member of fuzzy kittens too would want it it would reduce the spam only to that thread please mods give it a chance if thingsgo crazy lock it
Don't hold your breath waiting for it. For the time being this is the Lockerz thread. A thread dedicated to Lockerz would get huge and unwieldy in less than a day I'm sure.

QUOTE(luke_c @ Nov 29 2009, 08:41 AM) The filter's already been placed and all the mods agreed to it, so let's just leave it at that, if you don't like, it, tough luck.
I didn't agree to it, I don't think it's necessary.

Basically, we've got two major camps here; the lockerz lovers and the lockerz haters, with a smattering of people in the middle that can see both sides of it.

Lockerz Haters: Just know that this is a transient problem, it will go away on it's own.
Lockerz Lovers: Keep it in your sig, and know that if it's too gaudy, I'll delete it. A text link is fine, a small logo.. ok, anything more than that.. *poof*.

Staff continues to discuss the issue in our ivory tower. You should not consider me to be a mouthpiece for any other staff, as there are disagreements on how to handle these sorts of things. For now though, it's spelled out pretty clear I think. In the future, when Lockerz is extinct and MYPONYPOINTS.COM rules the earth, we will likely have a more solid ruleset to handle it in a more expedient fashion.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
I don't think that has anything to do with the discussion. fuzzy kittens seems to work for some people, it doesn't work for others, that contributes absolutely nothing to whether fuzzy kittens should be acceptable or not.

I think there can be a healthy amount of discussion on fuzzy kittens, but there is also a lot of spam. Is it possible to suggest just one gigantic fuzzy kittens thread, and if you see anything that is remotely fuzzy kittens related, just merge into that giant thread?

Honestly if you guys keep wiping out the threads, there's no real indication that discussion of fuzzy kittens is prohibited. A newbie at GBATemp or even some members who haven't heard of it might not realize it isn't allowed. Pair that up with everyone having it in their sigs, you might as well mislead them into thinking it is alright to talk about it.
They should really just do that.

Anyone here that hates "fuzzy kittens" is because they couldn't get anything last redemption... I GOT A WII.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
jakob95 said:
PharaohsVizier said:
I don't think that has anything to do with the discussion. fuzzy kittens seems to work for some people, it doesn't work for others, that contributes absolutely nothing to whether fuzzy kittens should be acceptable or not.

I think there can be a healthy amount of discussion on fuzzy kittens, but there is also a lot of spam. Is it possible to suggest just one gigantic fuzzy kittens thread, and if you see anything that is remotely fuzzy kittens related, just merge into that giant thread?

Honestly if you guys keep wiping out the threads, there's no real indication that discussion of fuzzy kittens is prohibited. A newbie at GBATemp or even some members who haven't heard of it might not realize it isn't allowed. Pair that up with everyone having it in their sigs, you might as well mislead them into thinking it is alright to talk about it.

Anyone here that hates "fuzzy kittens" is because they couldn't get anything last redemption... I GOT A WII.
I'm sorry, but that's some crappy logic you got there. I would happen to be on of those that hates every mention of said site, but like most other people who dislikes it I am not a member on said site meaning that your logic fails right there.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're a hater just because they aren't in stock, just wait until late December or possible even 2 days... If you're a hater just because of the spam, well... I can't exactly help you there.

EDIT: And how about my new siggy... Is it fine?

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
PharaohsVizier said:

Jakob that really is crap logic.
>.> I didn't get anything last redemption guess why because the redemption is when I'm a school. My school also has the library w/ computers closed at my break. For that matter I don't even have enough points worth getting anything. Personally I'm going to hate them once the 4x ptz prizes come out since it would take close to a year to get a psp, ipod, that flip hd camera. >.> Non z-lister wooo.

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
stab244 said:
If you're a hater just because they aren't in stock, just wait until late December or possible even 2 days... If you're a hater just because of the spam, well... I can't exactly help you there.

EDIT: And how about my new siggy... Is it fine?

No it's basically an advertisement in website form...

Mods correct me if I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here