"Multi-world" game experience 'Everywhere' gets official reveal trailer

everywhere game.jpg

Details about Everywhere, the first title from indie devs Build A Rocket Boy, was shrouded in secrecy with a "multi-world game experience" tag. After its announcement last year and a trailer for MindsEye, a game that will launch within Everywhere, not much was known but today the developers partially lifted the veil on the title. The new trailer aired today shows what looks like a competitor to Roblox and Fortnite where players can make their own games and experiences:

EVERYWHERE is a place where you can unleash your imagination and see your creations come to life. With ARCADIA – our free, easy-to-use design tool and system – you can build almost anything you can imagine with no code required including games, levels, activities, events, or even your own world.

With gaming at the heart of EVERYWHERE, competition can be found in iconic game modes where skills will be put to the test on the racetrack and in combat. As players explore the vast biomes, there are many secrets to discover and portals to be found that lead to other worlds and experiences.

It is a place to build, shape, explore, discover, compete, or just hang out in a world of almost endless possibilities and immersive experiences.

“We believe in a future where game creation is put in the hands of players," said Leslie Benzies, Game Director. With EVERYWHERE, we aim to empower anyone to innovate, take risks and build their own worlds, shaped purely by their imagination. We are providing the tools, inspiration and infrastructure and are excited to see how our community will foster the next generation of developers to help grow the EVERYWHERE story.”

Build A Rocket Boy also announced today that Everywhere will launch in Closed Alpha soon. It will be a limited technical test on PC, by invitation only, designed to test the systems and get early feedback from players.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because of the woke u wont be able to do everything in games anymore. they couldnt make a real grand theft auto in todays media world. game looks cool but i bet it will be censored down to not being able to many things that are possible.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate these games that you have to build yourself. Isnt that the developers job to build the game. Dont get me wrong a lot of people make some amazing content on some of these games, (ie. Little big planet, super mario maker, roblox, ect.) If you are goin to do something like this as a developer i feel like it should be a secondary part of the game. You develop the game and have building as a seperate add on (not paid btw). Making the objects available for someone else to put into a game is just lazy. Should be a heres the game and what we did with it. Now share your design and ideas type thing and not just reliant on someone else doing the actual work.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
these type of games usually don't last long these days because woke and snowflakes ruin it for everybody :lol:
They don't last long because they're just a means for the developer/publisher to crowdsource ideas rather than coming up with their own. Instead people only end up recreating crappier versions of games that already exist. Occasionally you'll see some decent comedy ala Goat Simulator, but that's about it for entertainment value.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They don't last long because they're just a means for the developer/publisher to crowdsource ideas rather than coming up with their own. Instead people only end up recreating crappier versions of games that already exist. Occasionally you'll see some decent comedy ala Goat Simulator, but that's about it for entertainment value.
I remember, back with the old Warcraft 3, we got players making the map Dota. It got so popular, Blizzard added something in the term of use for starcraft 2, which states that all maps created on their map making software belong to blizzard. So if these lines were in the term of use back on the old Wc3, we would never have Dota2

Reactions: Kitocco and Xzi

Avalyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
because of the woke u wont be able to do everything in games anymore. they couldnt make a real grand theft auto in todays media world. game looks cool but i bet it will be censored down to not being able to many things that are possible.
Bethesda: Adds a "them" pronoun as an option in character creation
Random idiot on gbatemp: OMGWTFBBQ WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING IN GAMES ANYMORE 😭😭😭😭

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There have been several comments in the past to suggest GTA will be toned down in future.

Staff (working on GTA) don't like it, the board think they know what they're doing (but don't really care, so long as they can syphon out big bonuses). GTA as we knew it (and Rockstar), died once GTA Online made such ridiculous sums.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
“We believe in a future where game creation is put in the hands of players," said Leslie Benzies, Game Director. With EVERYWHERE, we aim to empower anyone to innovate, take risks and build their own worlds, shaped purely by their imagination. We are providing the tools, inspiration and infrastructure and are excited to see how our community will foster the next generation of developers to help grow the EVERYWHERE story.”​
Sooo.... Roblox? Second Life?

I don't mean to be negative but what exactly does the "Everywhere" thing bring to the table, in terms of original content? Are there any of their own games to demo the possibilities of their "world building infrastructure", or is it just an engine (and a few asset packs maybe) and an empty sandbox?
I appreciate the potential of creating entire worlds within this framework, but without any initial content or gameplay, isn't this basically GameMaker with a prettier GUI?

Reactions: jeremy2020 and Xzi

Kitocco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
these type of games usually don't last long these days because woke and snowflakes ruin it for everybody :lol:
*Dreams, Super Mario Maker 2, Game Builder Garage, Minecraft, Roblox, Fortnite, Tower Unite, and VRCHAT have entered the chat*

anyhow, while I haves a soft spot for these games since I grew up on LittleBigPlanet (rest in peace, you didn’t deserve what hackers did to you), ever since Roblox effectively took child labor online I feel weary for when monetization inevitably enters the picture.

I mean seriously, have you SEEN the Roblox EULA? That alone should bring its “child-friendly” status into question.

Last edited by Kitocco,

Alagara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a Second Life veteran, I'm always ready for the next big thing in virtual world full spectrum gaming (remember Cloud Party?). Infinite options, a player run economy, 99.98% all player created assets...

This isn't that. Long story short: we don't know fuck-all about what this game actually is. If I had to bet, it's going to be another battlepass builder-shooter but with some sort of rudimentary "economy" for players to trade.

Is Ashes of Creation out yet???

Reactions: Kitocco

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played