• Replies 355
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

armand66

OP
Will do Bray.

Also, i just added you Rhyguy:)

Can everyone please add Rhyguy, 2750-1409-0957 , a new addition to our aussie group.

Beatnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll join this weekend's pre-league as well if there's room. Should be fun
smile.gif

boxhunter91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wont be able to play this weekend. Family and stuff sorry
frown.gif
. But thanks for putting me as captain of the blue shells great honour
smile.gif
Ill contact them all soon.

A

armand66

OP
EDIT: I've now updated the players, the teams, the Ladders, the fixtures as well as the tournament and tournament ladder. As far as the league goes, we are pretty much good to go, only waiting on 1 or 2 players to add everyone else, and Ronnieboy to get the game to give us his code lol.

Teams have changed slightly, so TEAM CAPTAINS take notice of who is in your team, and who they play, but most importantly, each player remember its your own responsibility to organize matches with your opponent each week, and you must play on the designated courses.

Now, with the tourney, it's split into 3 groups of 5. One will play Friday Night, another on Saturday Afternoon, another on Sunday evening/night. The top 3 overall from each group will play in a winners match around 8pm AEST Sunday night, and the bottom 2 from each group will play in a Losers Match 8pm AEST sunday night.

Top player from Winners group gets 15 points.
Bottom player from Winners group gets 7 points.

Top player from Losers group gets 6 points.
Bottom player from Losers group gets 1 point.

Let me know what times people can make so i can set up the groups to accommodate such.

A

armand66

OP
ATM Bray, i've updated the tournament Tier, to have 4 players in each group. If we manage to get 5 per group, then i'll update it to reflect that and so on, if we get 16 players, i'll just make a fourth group etc.

For now, check out the tier in the fixture topic, and you'll see, we got one full group, and 2 three player groups. If by tomorrow night you don't get a fourth or fifth player, then, it'll be a 3 player race, top 2 players will go through etc.

RONNIEBOY has now got MK Wii, here's his friend code people: 0817-4087-1623

On another subject:

While we have captains organized to help organize scores and so on between the teams (although it's still each players responsibility to do so) i'm looking for 2 people, who would be interested in being "Assistants" in running the league. Once the league is underway and running smoothly, i will be looking at creating a website, and will have a bit on my plate time wise, so a few people to help out would be great.

Not much would be needed from you, but, assistants would be able to propose and organize Official tournaments, settle any disputes among players (hope to god we have none, it's only Mario Kart after all lol) and just help the general running of things if i'm not around to do so.

Let me know through PM if your interested.

A

armand66

OP
ATM, disconnects are interesting, and something we may have to deal with.

Some people, don't have their routers set up right, or they have other stuff going on with their network, downloads etc, that can affect this as well.

So, in a sense, we could bring in a rule to say, if you get DCED during a match, that you gotta start again.

BUT, this creates a problem.

It opens up the possibility of people cheating if they're losing.

4 player example:
Player 1, after 2 rounds coming last, DC's, then comes to the forums claiming the game should be re-raced. This, despite player 2, 3 and 4 finishing the GP. So, if we had a rule in, they'd re-race, but then what if player 3 gets DCED after losing a few.....and so on, and so forth.

1v1, someones getting killed, and they decide to DC, but claim their internet dced and that was all. The ability to have "rematches" actually makes those who i'd consider sore losers, to take advantage of others if thing's don't go their way.

I won't name names, but i have already been in races with a few league members, who, if they start to get slaughtered in a race, DC. Others i've seen literally stop racing if they fall too far behind. Some will claim they're internet DCed, but the same people i've raced with, have never been DCed when they were leading, funny that, don't ya think lol?

Last year, a mate and i ran an Aussie "Table Tennis", "Madden 07" league. Some things that seperated the two leagues, and made one successful, and the other die.

Table Tennis: We had 16 players per season in a "Premier League", and 12 players in a "Reserves League. It was 3 opponents per week, over 4 weeks, plus finals. Our league ran for 4 seasons, before time wise, we had to give it up. We had some amazing finals, and by season 2, the top players were in the Premier League, while the learning players were in the reserves, but both leagues had some fantastic and even competiton, and, partly due to being able to watch opponents games, we never had a player DC or claim to have won.

Madden 07: 2 Opponents per week, 8 week season........ We had a massive 28 players in the league, which was hard enough of itself. By the end of week 1, we had already found a good 6-8 players who, the moment they started getting slaughtered, would DC, and ask for a rematch. One guy, DCed 5 times on someone else while losing, and then, when he all of a sudden was winning, didn't DC, and then he claimed the win.

Some people, despite being contacted by their opponent, wouldn't turn up to matches, and then would try to sneakily ask for a forfeit win claiming the other opponent wasn't online.

After 3 weeks of this crap, we shut down the league, despite having some great and honest players in it. In fact, the Madden League shutdown, led to a shutdown of all our leagues at the time, including PES, NBA 2K and PGR.

I don't want the same thing to happen here.

I haven't decided yet what to do about DCes, although if say, it happens BEFORE or AFTER a race, i have no issues, with players opening a new room, and finishing their races. So, for example, i'm playing Muss, and after 2 races, muss gets DCed. I would open another room, and do the "final" race that we were sposed to do. I wouldn't start the courses over from scratch.

If a player DCes while losing mid race, thats different and i'm not sure. It genuinely can happen through router resetting or internet stuffing up, but if it happens while that players getting caned, well, thats another thing entirely.

Beatnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope you don't mean me :S I remember claiming disconnect once in recent memory, but what I meant was I was "disconnected from all players" in the lobby room after the GP was complete. The amount of 'strategic disconnecting' that occurred on the DS version drove me from the game. I am guilty of giving up (but not disconnecting) after falling irrevocably behind a couple of times, but that was before I knew the lightning cloud increases your speed. I apologise retroactively if I've offended anyone!

Personally, I'd rather be unfairly disadvantaged from a disconnect than let the league fall into disarray as you've described. Before anyone accuses me of unfairly relying on a stable connection, I have ADSL2+ that disconnects repeatedly at the slightest scent of humidity.

A stray thought: does this open the possibility for exploitation in reverse? Is there a way to protect against a leader strategically disconnecting and claiming the victory, depriving the follower of their chance to catch up. Ultimately, I guess we it comes down to the honour system.

Cor7ez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry I haven't been around guys. I haven't been able to play much due to having to play on my brothers Wii (modded). But since I picked up my own copy of MKW today I can play on my own Wii (unmodded). Only thing that sucks is that I need to restart my file, which means I have a new FC >_< I'll have to add you all again, and you all have to add me (and delete my previous FC). I wish there was a way to transfer my save file from the other Wii to my own. I'm going to have to finish all the GP's again
rolleyes.gif

New FC is 0731-5095-6405 (JeromeTEC)

Sorry for the inconvenience.

A

armand66

OP
@Cor7ez, no worries man, going through all those GP's again, ugh, not my idea of fun lol. (Got a 1 star ranking, my next attempt will be to get 3 star ranking on all, i'll wait for a while before attempting that heh)

@Beatnik, no man, don't worry, it isn't you lmao. (Your almost always in the top few positions dude lol)

I myself have ADSL2+ too man, and yeh, 2+ is very touchy sometimes, and if your ISP is having a bad night, or you get a lot of interference on the phone line, you can get dropouts left, right and centre. I've had my router reset on me twice in friends matches, and once in a worldwide (cost me 450 points lol) but other than that been fairly lucky. (When i first got my router, i was getting line drop outs every 5 mins, before i configured it a bit more full-on)

Your right about the opposite happening too, in theory, someone could start a race, get a lead, and DC. Or they could wait till the last corner or two, and DC and claim they were winning. It is a hard thing to deal with, and, as i said about my previous leagues, had some dodgy people who wrecked it for all the honest people.

In this league, well, we'll sort something out. I don't want people to have to do repeat after repeat, and we might have to look at peoples records for DC's, and have a look at each case as it comes.

1v1 though, hopefully there is less chance of a real DC from the wii server, as compared to a 12 player race with all that extra data being thrown around.

The honor system, for such a small league, should do well enough, and if people are sore losers, you'll see a pattern emerge regardless of who they play. Will definately be working it out between myself and the two assistants before the end of the weekend.

In saying that, Vertabray has put his hand up for one of the assistant positions.

A

armand66

OP
I've sent you a PM MyClock.

Seen you in some races tonight Rhyguy/Voho lol, i was so worried about losing to the current aussies in continental, anything below 1st in a 12 player match i lost points lmao. Luckily, i only came 2nd once heh.

Getting 12-30 points for first of 12, sucks though.

Beatnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After several consecutive 1st places in Continental, I placed 7th (Luigis Circuit - enough said) and I swear that I saw my life flash before my eyes! The damage wasn't as bad as I expected, however: 221 points.

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol, my skills are inconsistent:P

though, i've never been under 50%, my bro (who uses my profile:K) frequents 11th/12th, so my rating is teh bads

A

armand66

OP
Oh man, i totally feel the pain, Luigis Circuit, well, lets just say in a 12 player it brings about some angry emotions lol.

Tonight, due to the game coming out today officially, i went online a bit, as did Charelle.

Charelle, and Vertabray, decided to go on a "NOOB KILLING SPREE" and over a series of races, Charelle went from 7180 to 7880. Then, she got DCed one match, and lost a whopping 400 points, ouch lol. Basically, it was Charelle and Bray trying to beat each other, while the rest of the group sat back half a lap heh.

I decided to have a go, and in 12 player races, i was getting between 12-30 points for 1st place, and would lose points (not much) in 2nd lol. Managed to get my points to 8900 before stopping.

Charelle is currently trying to get back her score closer to 8000 (she's 200 off again, but copping some bad tracks lol). Just earlier, was a classic Beatnik, she had Rainbow Road, 12 players, 100cc, she lapped 3 players, and not one other player finished, even 2nd place was at least 30 seconds behind for the timer to kick in rofl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: