• Views 32,144
  • Replies 355
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

armand66

OP
Beatnik said:
Today is a momentous occasion! I finished first in Maple Treeway! ...there are so many people I'd like to thank... *sniff*

I have also come into possession incontrovertible evidence that Luigi Circuit is cursed, and therefore is unsafe to choose in a WFC match. I have provided this evidence to Nintendo and in the wake of an impending game recall they have asked me to spread the word - DON'T CHOOSE LUIGI CIRCUIT! It dramatically elevates your blood pressure and blood sugar levels in addition to LDL cholesterol. Left untreated, irreversible heart and liver damage will result.

That first sounds like it was a long time coming mate lol:P

I can second the evidence of said heart and liver damage when playing on Luigis Circuit WFC. Upon getting within 22 points of my "goal score" 9000, and having won the last 4 races at a score of 28 per race in 12 player races, all hope was lost, and my heart stopped beating when low and behold, i seen, in slow motion, Luigis Circuit picked. (Plays any slow motion "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" vocal you know of....)

All my hard work seemed so undone, as after leading the first lap, i was hit by a blue, and a red, and a few karts, and finally, a bullet, and a lightning. A 300-400 point loss was coming my way.

Through sheer horrific luck, i managed to fluke my way barely into third, only a metre or two ahead of 4th-8th, thanks to a Super Mushroom on the last corner.

A loss of 40 points slowed my run at 9000, but, better than losing 400. It was then that i realized, that some of the course designers in the Mario Kart Universe, are to put it simply, PURE EVIL!

A

armand66

OP
Just a reminder that tonight there will be multiple "tournament matches" taking place within the span of an hour or so.

At 7pm AEST, GROUP 3 will hold the final match of the "group stage".

Beatnik is hosting, and Elo, Dan and Big Chop are the entrants. Beatnik only has to wait till 7.10pm before he can start the game if everyone isn't there, so if your in that game make sure your there asap, as Beatnik can't wait around forever.

At 8pm, we will be having 2 finals matches.

Winners Tier game, i will make a room around 7.55pm, and start at the latest 8.10pm. So far we have myself, Chaazziiee, Vertabray and muss. 2 players from GROUP 3 will be joining us.

Losers Tier game, i've put down VOHO has host, and hopefully he'll have a room set up at the same time as mine. Just hope aussie MKers enter the right room lol.

If there is a tie in GROUP 3 for 2nd/3rd, those two racers must quickly make a room, and race ONE random track, winner gets through to winners tier etc. May happen, may not. If, somehow, all 4 players are tied up, same thing, a quick one match rematch will take place with positions decided in that race.

I will be updating the final tier positions as soon as Beatnik reports the final standings and scores of his match.

vertabray

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
7:55pm. C U THERE!
laugh.gif

Beatnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pirate_arrh said:
You Aussies want to feel some NZ pain?

Add me then 3952 7207 6269

PM me

There are karts and bikes... but no sheep. Are you sure you'll feel at home?
rolleyes.gif

Added you.

Edit: In an unrelated matter, I'm seeing a stark increase in the number of disconnects. Just then, I finished a race in 1st position only to be disconnected and lose 450 points for the privilege. A similar thing happened last night, although the race had not completed. Also last night, I finished a race in first position (by a margin of around ten seconds) yet was ranked 2nd once the scoreboard came up. I really hope Nintendo can do something server-side to alleviate these issues.

boxhunter91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeh I lost about 600 points in 2 minutes because of disconnections. 1st one I was in a race coming first 2nd lap then boom disconnected lost 400. Then attempted to join again boom 200!

BTW had some good fun with you on Rainboard Road and Koopa Cape Beatnik
wink.gif
Beat you by the narrowest of margins
tongue.gif

Beatnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, it was good fun. You shelled me right on the finish line on Koopa Cape you cheap bastard! Hehe, I kid. Tough competition, well done.

A

armand66

OP
I haven't raced worldwide or continental for a few days, but went through about 8 races on thursday, and had no DC's. It could be the server load in matchmaking with all the new players getting it, but then thats the only thing the server is recording along with score, as its p2p. It's possible some people have also found ways to DC, giving themselves points and crashing the game, not entirely sure though.

I've noticed less DC's with friend games lately as compared to worldwide, although i've only really had dc's in friend games over a certain number of people.

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sometimes, half the people in a race dissapear, then i get put down to second:(

i think its cause someone linking them to me dced, but they were still linked to others

A

armand66

OP
I wonder if the "joining friends in worldwide/continental" might have some major things to do wtih DC's.

You got a bunch of people watching the match from different angles, some people drop out mid race, it's entirely possible, in a 9 player race, for 5-6 people to all join at once and possibly overload the match, given only 3 should be able to join.

I could see that being an issue, given the game trying to get in-sync.

Elisa_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
armand66 said:
Just a reminder that tonight there will be multiple "tournament matches" taking place within the span of an hour or so.

At 7pm AEST, GROUP 3 will hold the final match of the "group stage".

Beatnik is hosting, and Elo, Dan and Big Chop are the entrants. Beatnik only has to wait till 7.10pm before he can start the game if everyone isn't there, so if your in that game make sure your there asap, as Beatnik can't wait around forever.

At 8pm, we will be having 2 finals matches.

Winners Tier game, i will make a room around 7.55pm, and start at the latest 8.10pm. So far we have myself, Chaazziiee, Vertabray and muss. 2 players from GROUP 3 will be joining us.

Losers Tier game, i've put down VOHO has host, and hopefully he'll have a room set up at the same time as mine. Just hope aussie MKers enter the right room lol.

Um, What time is this? xD

If there is a tie in GROUP 3 for 2nd/3rd, those two racers must quickly make a room, and race ONE random track, winner gets through to winners tier etc. May happen, may not. If, somehow, all 4 players are tied up, same thing, a quick one match rematch will take place with positions decided in that race.

I will be updating the final tier positions as soon as Beatnik reports the final standings and scores of his match.

A

armand66

OP
Look on the first page in the tournament post of mine Lisa.

The top 6 players from the group stage play off, with 1st getting 12 points, and 6th getting 7 points.

While the bottom 6 players from the group stage play off as well, with the winner getting 6 points, and the loser getting 2 points (given there will likely be 5 maximum in the Losers match.

A

armand66

OP
Yeah, tonight at 8pm, there will be two matches, a Winners Tier Match, and a Losers Tier match.

Atm, in the winners tier are:

Armada
Vertabray
Chaazziiee
muss
(2 more to come from Group 3)

in the losers tier are:
Voho (rhyguy)
iPANIC (Lisa_)
ronnieboy
(2 more to come from Group 3)

As i said in the PM Rhyguy, i can't postpone it, for a number of reasons. Mainly, because if we postpone it once, we may find none of the players will be able to turn up to it, or players may only be able to use friday night to play their 1v1 matches. Then, if it got to friday, what if someone else said they couldn't make it so can i postpone it again, which, would only be fair if i postponed it once, and so on and so forth.

At around 7.30pm tonight, the FINAL winners and losers tiers will be updated, and so the group 3 players will then learn what game they need to join. If your unable to make it Rhyguy, then i'll get someone else to host it. ATM it looks like someone else in the losers tier might not be able to make it, which means more chance of more points given there'll be less racers. At most it'll be 5, at least 3-4.

A

armand66

OP
Nah, 8pm Lisa.

At 7.30, i'll be updating the stats so that all players know which group to join.

As mentioned above.

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ok..so in the tourne we just had with Dan,beatnik,Big chop and me Dan placed first with 43,me second with 39
I donnu what happend after,we were waiting and never started..
I really need to sort out so i can use pc and wii online at same time
tongue.gif

Beatnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good game guys. You're all too tough for me!

Dan 43
Elo 38
Beatnik 20
Big Chomp 15

I have some work to do this evening so I have to decline my place in the 8pm competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.