• Views 32,144
  • Replies 355
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

armand66

OP
Heya guys,

The current place to find and swap Aussie Mario Kart Wii friend Codes, and sign up for an ALL AUSSIE Mario Kart League.

A-League Finalized: 16 Players confirmed.
B-League Awaiting sign ups: B-League will start in season 2, atm, we have merged some players into A-League due to a few drop outs.
A-LEAGUE FIXTURE, SEASON 1 and LADDER can be found HERE!!!!!!!
  • LEAGUE CONTACTS: Armand66, Vertabray, Dan.
  • 16 Players for A-League.
  • 2 opponents Per Week, One in Classic round, One in Original Round.
  • 3 Races Per opponent, tracks to be chosen in fixture.
  • 1 Point per win, 0 for loss for a total of 3 points total per opponent
  • 3 Classic tracks in Classic Round, 3 Original Tracks in Original Round
  • 4 week season, bringing a total of 8 opponents, 24 races for A-League.
A-LEAGUE: At seasons end, top 8 players make finals. Best of 3 series will continue, all elimination races. Bottom 4 players will be relegated to B-League for season 2.
Finals structure will be
A-League
Elim 1: 1st vs 8th
Elim 2:
2nd vs 7th
Elim 3:
3rd vs 6th
Elim 4:
4th vs 5th
Semi 1:
Winner Elim 1 vs Winner Elim 4
Semi 2:
Winner Elim 2 vs Winner Elim 3
Grand Final:
Winner Semi 1 vs Winner Semi 2
Third Place Final:
Loser Semi 1 vs Loser Semi
LEAGUE START DATE: Week 28th April 08.

Players cannot enter multiple racers, If you have a brother, sister, girlfriend or Boyfriend with their own account thats fine, just remember that teams are set up so you cannot have the same player playing multiple accounts. People will be banned if caught doing this.
TEAMS​
Team-Listing.gif
LEAGUE-LISTING.gif

A

armand66

OP
Same, added both of you.

Just been checking out the Wifi Mario Kart Channel, and this is the first Wii game that actually impresses me with the amount of stuff they've crammed into it.

* Friends, Continent, or Worldwide multiplayer, both in vs or battle modes.

* Rival Ghost data that shows up from other racers worldwide, that is within your level.

* Rankings Bar...This thing is done extremely well, showing all the people online in your vicinity, as well as where you sit, the top racer, and even better the top 10. The fact you can compare your top 10 friends, top 10 in the continent or world, and watch ANYONES time trial replay is unreal. I imagine the pro mario kart gamers are gonna go nuts over this and be getting psychotic times down the track. (pun intended)

* Basic messages when setting up a room, a fair few to choose from, yeh, so its no voice chat but it does look like it'll help calm some peoples impatience lol.

* Competition Mode, will be interesting to see what Nintendo eventually with this, if its purely time trials or what.

Mario Karts online (add in voice chat) seems to raise the bar by a mile from what every other online game on Wii does, and that includes smash bros.

EDIT: Just checked the time trials a few moments ago, if its correct, there must be a good 40-50 people playing from Australia/New Zealand, or more, despite the game only being dumped overnight. All we gotta do is get a bunch of those people interested, and might end up with an even bigger league.

boxhunter91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeh I saw your person
smile.gif
But Im having some problems. Everytime I;'m in WFC after like 10 seconds it will stop and have an error? Are you getting it aswell?

A

armand66

OP
Yeh i am man, seems a lot of other people, from the UK to the USA to Aus are all getting it, while some others are not.

Could be down to:

Matchmaking servers aren't turned on yet.

Data servers aren't on yet, OR, only the bare minimum were turned on for Journos and such to play, Nintendo not expecting thousands to be playing dodgy copies early. (This might make sense, i've had time trial scores wiped from the top 10, despite my score still showing to be a place in there)

I'm sure things will improve by friday when its released in the UK, although its entirely possible us Aussies may not get the benefits of online play till the week its released, who knows.

EDIT: Just played multi online for an hour and a half, and didn'get get dced once. Maybe i got a lucky connection to the server, or maybe more matchmaking servers have been opened up, who knows....

OVERALL, the online seems to run beautiful from my time with it, although i absolutely think 12 players just throws ANY sort of balance the game might have out the window. 8 or 4 players still seems to be the go for a fair but fun race, 12 is just a mess of horrific proportions.

In saying that, probably want to aim for the league races to be either 1v1 (makes it easy to organize with opponent) or 4 player.

tredes

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys im keeen to be apart of this league...ahhaha i jus got on the net this morning so everything so working fine on my wii...

my FC is: 0774-4341-1245

cheers

boxhunter91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HAHA woot I'll be vrsing Ozmodchips The seller of my wasabi HEHE
biggrin.gif

P.S when you add me it isnt boxhunter91. It is da silva. We should all add each other so we can practice
smile.gif
And maybe make a room?? Ok I have added everyone so far and just waiting for you all!

A

armand66

OP
Yeah i seen you, Da Silva online a few times yesterday, noticed you can join into a friends online match, and just watch its current state till the next race when a spot opens up.

boxhunter91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
YAY! 7 to goo. I've already picked my character and his car
tongue.gif

Posts merged

Yeh I saw you aswell but you went straight off and i was like damn. So me and my bro got 2 wii motes and played global so fun
biggrin.gif

A

armand66

OP
Sorry man, the last day or so i been seeding back Mk Wii like crazy, getting my ratio up elsewhere while the going is good lol.

I played for a while yesterday in global, had some fricking horrific matches in 12 player (came 10th, 6th, 1st, 3rd, 2nd), had some more "fair" matches in 7-8 player (5th, 3rd, 1st), dominated some poor guy new to mario kart 1v1 (1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, nearly lapped him on SNES Mario Circuit 3 lol) , and then finished with two 10 player matches (8th, 1st).

Game runs beautiful online, but i totally believe the 12 player is actually shocking, there is just too much items from the get go that make the game unbalanced, (nothing like being hit by a lightning, then blue shell, then red shell, then invincible racer, then bullet, then the final few racers all in a freaaakin row lol).

4-8 player seems to be the go for the most balanced races from what i've come across so far. Of course, 1v1 presents an interesting way of racing, and seeing as how the first season of the league wil be working that way, will be interesting to see peoples strategies as it goes along, what vehicles they use etc.

Now, i gotta figure out how the hell to unlock

*Rosalina
*Funky Kong
*Toadette

And also still have to unlock

Dry Bowser (150cc, 1 star per cup, ouch)

Only got 2 more cups in Mirror Mode to complete all the cups in gold, will then begin working on stars for what needed for other characters, cars etc.

boxhunter91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One question arman66 how we going to know who won. Say i vs Lisa and i lose to her. I could just say yeh i beat her? Get what I mean. Are you going to be in the race but just watching?

A

armand66

OP
Yeh, well, we're going to go back to the "be honest please" hope of reporting wins/losses lol.

I'm expecting, if you race Lisa_, after your 3 races, you'll send me a pm with the scores, as will Lisa, if you send me something like 3-0, and Lisa sends something saying she won 2-1, then yeh, we got a problem and i'll have to sort it out. If anyone is found out to cheat or lie about their stats on here though, they will be banned from the league and any future league, among other things.

I will also make a thread to be stickied, with full fixtures in, as well as being able to report the games score, events in there as well. (I've run some 360 leagues before, most people are honest, once in a while, you get one or two who aren't, with only 16 players i hope thats not the case, hoping we can build a solid group of peeps together for season 1).

Also, apparently you can only add 30 fricking people to your friend list, Seems i'm gonna have to trim some overseas players, and by the time season 2 comes around, will likely have to be all Aussies.

vertabray

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Just to let you all know im gonna add the following to my friends list tonight....SO ADD ME :-) (3093-7164-4902)

Armada -------- 0860-3332-8140 (Vic) -------- Yes
Piepants ------- 2535-3705-2972 (-) ---------- Yes
tredes ---------- 0774-4341-1245 (-) ----------- Yes
Chaazziiee ----- 4210-4089-8748 (Vic) --------- Yes
OzModChips ---- 5112-3520-9319 (-) ----------- Yes

A

armand66

OP
I've added you dude, we'll have to get a bunch of us together for some multi action later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I didn't know they made an MSU cart for the Genesis.... I knew about the SNES one and the...