Hacking Atmosphere to be estimated released in Summer 2018 for ALL firmwares.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since Nintendo seems to be in their "stability" phase when it comes to updates. I look forward to when Homebrew will be fully unlocked, and we can get a proper web browser, and when homebrew creators can bring Netflix to Switch before Nintendo does.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not yet I think. 5.0.0 is so new they haven't really had a chance to look into it yet, and obviously the devs aren't exactly eager to update in order to test things.
It will be easier once we have an emuNAND solution, then testing for exploits on newer firmware will be possible while keeping CFW access.
Testing on newer firmwares is already possible for devs because they have bootrom exploit. How do you think 5.0.0 data mining is happening? Its one of the reasons we know the changes so far in 5.0.0 including the added kaslr.

mastermx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So there's no reason for me to stay on 2.80?

I have had a copy of mario odyssey for a long time. Because it updates you to 3.1. But does this mean I can finally open up my copy of the game and enjoy it?!

Onibi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So there's no reason for me to stay on 2.80?

I have had a copy of mario odyssey for a long time. Because it updates you to 3.1. But does this mean I can finally open up my copy of the game and enjoy it?!

If they stay true to their word, no.
When in doubt ask them on discord. But answer will likely be: "go ahead".

I will do so myself.

D

Deleted User

That's a lot of replies and likes for something that was posted just over four hours ago. Most of OP's likes have come from this one post.

Untitled.jpg

Reactions: HexZyle and Onibi

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not yet I think. 5.0.0 is so new they haven't really had a chance to look into it yet, and obviously the devs aren't exactly eager to update in order to test things.
It will be easier once we have an emuNAND solution, then testing for exploits on newer firmware will be possible while keeping CFW access.

Its already been tested and poked, and we know they fixed *nearly* everything already or made old methods of access completely broken, either by audit or by report or by both. The last few vestiges will not be released, maybe not even mentioned, because Mariko may potentially close all other entries into the system.

If Mariko makes hardware exploitation impossible, then every even small exploit left becomes extremely valuable because, otherwise, we potentially lose *all* access to Mariko-Switches.

Last edited by V-Temp,

Onibi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's a lot of replies and likes for something that was posted just over four hours ago. Most of OP's likes have come from this one post.

View attachment 118984
Prestige farming :) Likes by proxy ^_^
Here you get one too :grog:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Its already been tested and poked, and we know they fixed *nearly* everything already or made old methods of access completely broken, either by audit or by report or by both.

Out of interest: What access is needed to pull of the bootrom bug from software? Kernel?

konamicode89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If CFW is going to be released for all firmwares in the summer should I stay on 1.0? Maybe update to 3.0 to at least enjoy the homebrew menu until then? Wouldn't have to worry about grabbing that japanese hard copy of puyo puyo tetris for 1.0 if I updated to 3.0

Thoughts?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Testing on newer firmwares is already possible for devs because they have bootrom exploit. How do you think 5.0.0 data mining is happening? Its one of the reasons we know the changes so far in 5.0.0 including the added kaslr.
Data mining is one thing, but that doesn't mean they're actually able to run the newer firmware, only that they were able to decrypt it.
Its already been tested and poked, and we know they fixed *nearly* everything already or made old methods of access completely broken, either by audit or by report or by both. The last few vestiges will not be released, maybe not even mentioned, because Mariko may potentially close all other entries into the system.

If Mariko makes hardware exploitation impossible, then every even small exploit left becomes extremely valuable because, otherwise, we potentially lose *all* access to Mariko-Switches.
That's true.
Although I doubt they will be able to fix every single flaw, there are probably some that haven't even been found yet. Just look at how long it took for sighax to be discovered on the 3DS. It could be years before another such exploit is found in the new hardware revision though.
It remains to be seen if this new hardware revision has more space for bootrom updates. Since on current Switches that space is all filled up and that makes it difficult, if not impossible to fix bootrom exploits.

Reactions: konamicode89

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright