Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have commented my problem in other thread. I have installed Atmosphere 0.14.4 and Hekate 5.3.3. Now when I start Atmosphere my Mario Odyssey physical cart doesn´t work, if I start OFW the game starts OK. All my installed NSPs work OK. Firmware 10.2.0
Have you checked if NOGC is activated? It can be found somewhere in BCT.ini (should be set to 0 if deactivated)

kleyoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
updated to latest fw 10.2.0 and atmosphere 0.14.4.
error codes. whats wrong here lads?

Attachments

• 1600509093282.jpg
    1600509093282.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 268

Rashka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have put nogc = 0 in atmosphere\config\BCT.ini but it still doesn't work.

"Where" in the BCT.ini did you put "nogc = 0"?
It needs to be below [stratosphere] and without leading "; "
Code:
[stratosphere]
nogc = 0

updated to latest fw 10.2.0 and atmosphere 0.14.4.
error codes. whats wrong here lads?
Delete (or rename) SDCard\Atmosphere\contents\4200000000000010
reboot to payload and you should be fine.

You get this error because of emuiibo. They don't updated yet, so no emuiibo for now.

Last edited by Rashka,

eureca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that the problem is emuiibo. If I have emuiibo installed, Mario Odyssey doesn't work. If I uninstall it, deleting the 0100000000000352 folder from contents, starts perfectly.

Thank you for that info. My NSP install of Mario Odyssey did not work and I had no idea why. I will try removing emuiibo since I don't even use it.

YaroLink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
It seems that the problem is emuiibo. If I have emuiibo installed, Mario Odyssey doesn't work. If I uninstall it, deleting the 0100000000000352 folder from contents, starts perfectly.

I installed ATM 0.14.4 AND Updated Sigpatches. After that Mario Odyssey didn't Start (infinite loading)

THIS solved the problem. SMO working like a charm again

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Has anyone checked their sd card atmoshpere folder for errors with this new 14.4 version. I did a totally clean install (no plugins or added extras), and after running for a while - lots of error logs are written to the sd card. Atmosphere doesn't crash or anything - but constant writing of files to sd card shortens the lifespan of the card + you have loads of useless files added whether you want them of not.

kallek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a clean install of atmosphere 14.4 with (Kosmos) and updated the switch firmware to 10.2.0. Now most of games doesn't start. Says the sdcard is corrupt. Some games do work though. Any idea what might be the problem and what I can do to fix it?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a clean install of atmosphere 14.4 with (Kosmos) and updated the switch firmware to 10.2.0. Now most of games doesn't start. Says the sdcard is corrupt. Some games do work though. Any idea what might be the problem and what I can do to fix it?
You need signature patches. Hekate and fusee-primary use different patches, so make sure you have the correct ones for your bootloader.

Reactions: kallek

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've seen slowdowns in "Moero Chronicles Hyper" or "Moero Crystal H" under atmosphere, I spent the last day diagnosing why this happens.

Writeup on why it happens/explanation of fixes: https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/issues/1160#issuecomment-697281622

tl;dr is that the devs call an expensive IPC function once per text string per frame, on Atmosphere this hits mitm and thus lags more than stock. Developers are *supposed* to cache the result of this function...

Patches to fix the developers shitty/unoptimized code: https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/At...3/atmosphere_moero_language_cache_patches.zip

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you've seen slowdowns in "Moero Chronicles Hyper" or "Moero Crystal H" under atmosphere, I spent the last day diagnosing why this happens.

Writeup on why it happens/explanation of fixes: https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/issues/1160#issuecomment-697281622

tl;dr is that the devs call an expensive IPC function once per text string per frame, on Atmosphere this hits mitm and thus lags more than stock. Developers are *supposed* to cache the result of this function...

Patches to fix the developers shitty/unoptimized code: https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/At...3/atmosphere_moero_language_cache_patches.zip

Note, I've confirmed these patches result in noticeably better performance in menus than stock. What a joke.

MarvBuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, im kinda stuck with a nonworking version of atmosphere 0.14.4 (FW 10.2).

Everything began, when i wanted to play the new super mario 3d all stars game. i had to update to 0.14.3 (FW 10.2).

My switch panicked everytime i wanted to boot (hekate or directly with fusee primary). i eventually found out, that some hb apps inside the sd/switch folder were to blame. after i wiped them from my sd, everything worked fine.

except.. sm64 crashed my switch everytime i wanted to exit to mainmenu.

so i had to update again. 0.14.4.
i downloaded it directly from its guthub page and copied the files over to my sd card. i updated the sigpatches and i thought i was good to go.
switch booted, but i could not start the latest games (tested sm 3d all stars and final fantasy chrystal chronicles). so i assumed i did not have the correct sigpatches, tried different download locations, but i had no luck. games did not boot. so i cleared my sd card except for the nintendo folder. fresh installed atmosphere didn't want to boot either. i tried direct boot or via hekate, tried web payload injection tried tegrarcmgui. the latest thing i tried was formatting my sd card to fat32, installed atmosphere fresh, but its still panicking, when trying to boot atmosphere.

a hint on what i could do next would be VERY appreciated.

thanks in advance!
marv

Last edited by MarvBuster,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu