Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so... nothing yet?

You people need to relax with it, it is freeware anyway, impatient enough then use what is available already. Let SciresM do his work. People should be thankful that he is working on it, he doesn't have to work on it if he didn't want to, Personally, I had an encounter working with SciresM to troubleshoot the modified version of CyberGadget Save Editor that he created, awesome guy to work with.

Last edited by Hayato213,

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Untitled.png

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point, the only thing actually holding back Atmosphere from releasing is their bootloader, Fusee, is because it doesn't quite work on all firmwares. However, Hekate already acts as and is an objectively better bootloader than Fusee and the rest of Atmosphere works fine for people who are using RajNX or tomGER's SD files which are both pre-compiled builds of Atmosphere so 0.7 already exists but unofficially.

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: mariogamer

Meepers55

Flintstones Regular
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He never promised that it would be released in August, he only estimated that it would. Considering that most of September is still in the Summer, there's still plenty of time left for a Summer release. Even if it's released later than that, people would still use it.

Reactions: tiliarou

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow Nice a official compilation will be released, even better as I though I would have to compile it my self or trust someone from the community to compile it so I could use it.
So its the 31st... once again the failed to deliver xD :rolleyes:

ReSwitched more like, ReStinPieces

ReiNX and SX OS are like miles away now :v
Well there's a big difference between making a new small modified Linux distro to make a whole new OS just based on seeing its source and trying to achieve similar in a very different way... (Just an example...).

Also I don't get the point of someone\team doing a very magical thing for free and everyone's just booowooo they suck... Whatever mate.

Either wait or move on!

I don't mind waiting 4 it and I will just gladly wait 4 that magical official release day, say my thanks and buy them a virtual beer:grog:.

Last edited by guily6669,

Meepers55

Flintstones Regular
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point, the only thing actually holding back Atmosphere from releasing is their bootloader, Fusee, is because it doesn't quite work on all firmwares. However, Hekate already acts and is an objectively better bootloader than Fusee and the rest of Atmosphere works fine for people who are using RajNX or tomGER's SD files which are both pre-compiled builds of Atmosphere so 0.7 already exists but unofficially.
Are there any specific reasons why Hekate may be better than Fusee?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any specific reasons why Hekate may be better than Fusee?
Hekate is a multi-purpose bootloader that can do things bootloaders are not supposed to which is but not limited to: dumping the NAND, repairing the archive bit on folders on the SD card, fixing battery de-syncs, etc. Fusee is a bootloader that is designed to chainload into other payloads but that's the extent of its initial features.

To put it another way, Fusee is designed to load CFWs while Hekate does a lot more than just load CFWs.

Reactions: Meepers55

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've seen electronics do the weirdest things...
Even professional machines :/

I've rewritten a machines code once.
(NC code, not all that complicated, save for the fact that wrong values could destroy a really expensive piece of equipment...)

It would turn out that one statment with nearly exactly the same line of code would reverse the direction the machine would move it's actuators in.
I've held the correct and faulty code side by side to compare and, save for some locational data, they were exactly the same.
Rewriting the code correctly didn't seem to help from my pc, nor in the machines terminal.
The fix ended up to be a transplantation of working code from another line and applying the required locational data.

Going by the chat in their issue tracker, they are having some part of code not doing what it's supposed to do.
Maybe they could transplant parts from projects (hekate?) that have proven to work? It does seem to be a 4.x and 5.x problem?

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most cfw/sd packs are based on Atmosphere for their sysmodules.
The only thing added by default on some cfw, are sigpatches and Atmosphere won't implement those, you can still add the required files (it will probably support kip patching).
Don't except es patches to be in Atmosphere. Even sigpatches are kinda useless ( nca (or nsp) homebrew have a lot of problems).
Don't except big changes too.
Basically if you wait for Atmosphere, you are waiting for Atmosphere you want a good/original framework for homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk