Country
United States

leon8179

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kate leaked to Nvidia (who then most likely disclosed it to Nintendo) the current RCM exploit, Fusee Gelee sometime in late winter/early spring, maybe February but I can't really remember the exact time. The warmboot exploits have not been disclosed to Nintendo otherwise they would have been released already as that gives Nintendo all the info they need to patch it and exploits are generally released after they have been fixed.
If deja vu cannot be run on 4.1+, doesn't it mean it is already patched?

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have literally never said this.

There's a screenshot somewhere where I comment in detail on coldboot stuff. It's the one where I say people above 3.0.1 are fucked.

Coldboot is certainly not coming "soon" -- nobody has a bug to enable it. It's theoretically "not impossible" on < 3.0.2 if someone finds an exploitable savedata parsing bug in a sysmodule, because there is a limited (and difficult to abuse) ASLR "bypass" on lower firmwares. Nobody has found an exploitable savedata parsing bug in a sysmodule, though, so until that happens it's all moot.
Thanks for the clarification, maybe it was Kate who said then? I remember someone known saying something about it, no idea...

My Switch is waiting for your work (and the whole team work), I'm even saving entering RCM for the 1st time for atmosphere:D.

ps: You better have a donation button so we can buy you a virtual beer when you release it!

Last edited by guily6669,

studio1b

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the clarification, maybe it was Kate who said then? I remember someone known saying something about it, no idea...

My Switch is waiting for your work (and the whole team work), I'm even saving entering RCM for the 1st time for atmosphere:D.

ps: You better have a donation button so we can buy you a virtual beer when you release it!

your waiting for what ?
just start playing now no clue what your waiting for ?

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Zelda and played for like less than 20 hours, last time I opened was a few months ago...

Anyway I don't want to use Auto-RCM EVER, so I want to leave my console on 3.02 4 ever just like I left my 3DS to this day in its original FW...

And then I don't want any bad logs, so after atmosphere is fully released and fully functional, then all game logs\data\caching will all be on the SD card, its not that I care for the online and will most likely never even connect my console to the internet, but don't know what more bad could come in the future from being banned like the stupid M$ on X360 at some point corrupted all data and I had to solder a huge amount of stupid cables to connect to my PC serial port to get rid of that, I'm only glad someone took them on court and M$ lost so they updated and removed all that corruption crap (never played online on the X360 either, neither I would ever pay their XbLive crap).

Reactions: Specced9

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you're not planning on going online then why are you worried about being banned?

And Auto RCM is fine, the only problems you see are from people who don't understand why their Switch won't turn on

Reactions: Quantumcat

mastermx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have Zelda and played for like less than 20 hours, last time I opened was a few months ago...

Anyway I don't want to use Auto-RCM EVER, so I want to leave my console on 3.02 4 ever just like I left my 3DS to this day in its original FW...

And then I don't want any bad logs, so after atmosphere is fully released and fully functional, then all game logs\data\caching will all be on the SD card, its not that I care for the online and will most likely never even connect my console to the internet, but don't know what more bad could come in the future from being banned like the stupid M$ on X360 at some point corrupted all data and I had to solder a huge amount of stupid cables to connect to my PC serial port to get rid of that, I'm only glad someone took them on court and M$ lost so they updated and removed all that corruption crap (never played online on the X360 either, neither I would ever pay their XbLive crap).

This makes very little sense. Atmosphere won't come with a new exploit. Even if deja vu is released, that's not to say it is superior to what we currently have.

It's not like the reswitched team are hiding a secret cold boot exploit.

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This makes very little sense. Atmosphere won't come with a new exploit. Even if deja vu is released, that's not to say it is superior to what we currently have.

Basically this.

The key word for switch coldboot is "not impossible" and not "possible", like sciresM said earlier.

Meriadoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Auto RCM isn't as bad as you think....it work flawlessly witouth problems even if you fully discharge your battery (but this is unlikely if you are smart)
SciresM said that until Mariko no warmboot ,so you waiting for months at best...for nothing because you can easily downgrade later ....

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Its not even about the exploit lol...

Its the fact that the console will stay in 3.02 and after the payload it should then load emunand on latest FW making it a install and dont do anything else to stay on last FW, no need for Auto RCM garbage... And I also prefer totally testing beta or untested stuff and prefer not even touching sysnand and leaving intact and do all the testing in the emunand CFW environment. I would also love a nightly build by some trustful communities and wouldnt mind testing them all like the XBMC on Xbox Original back then.

And about the exploit I don't mind using atmosphere with RCM+payload and wait for the warmboot exploit or maybe even get a chance for coldboot even if I have to wait 2 or 3, 4... years, I will never update my console's FW anyway...

Also since 3.02 uses the same e-fuse as 3.01, means I should totally be able to go back to 3.01 too.
Auto RCM isn't as bad as you think....it work flawlessly witouth problems even if you fully discharge your battery (but this is unlikely if you are smart)
SciresM said that until Mariko no warmboot ,so you waiting for months at best...for nothing because you can easily downgrade later ....
Not for me specially by the fact that I dont ever leave any of my devices in standby other than the phone because its really needed to receive phone calls...

I always turn OFF my console and wont ever be using sleep mode if I know I won't play in the next like 30 minutes...

And then there's the other reason which I might turn the console ON play a bit and not even use it for months like my PS4 since I have been playing only on PC and the console stayed OFF for a year. Same to my 3DS I use it from months to months lol

Last time I used my Nvidia Shield Tablet in sleep, I forgot about it and didnt use it for like a month, then it took me 2 days to make it turn ON as nothing made the sucker to turn ON :)

Which means Auto-RCM is not for me, specially because I totally will mod my controller with a ON\OFF Switch when I find a cool one and when atmosphere gets fully released, then the chip is also not 4 me as they eat battery and I will surely forget about at the Switch for months at some point and might end with a ~0V Li-ion that may or may not come back to life ;)...

Last edited by guily6669,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk