Hacking Are you updating your Switch with the New Super Mario?

Are you updating your Switch with the New Super Mario?

• Nop, will persist on 3.0.0 or version X.X.X

Votes: 51 21.6%
  • I was already updating. I bought the Switch to play games.

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • I can afford two Switches, losers!

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • I don't even have a Switch, lol.

Votes: 27 11.4%
  • Yup. Everything for Mario!

Votes: 44 18.6%

• Total voters

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 words baby: no

images

me when I read that

D

Deleted User

Some people are waiting for game-piracy.
It seems like a majority of people I have communicated with are against piracy this generation and just think that emulatirs are worth the wait. Maybe it is just my mind skewing things though.

Besides, I still wouldn't want to wait 6+ months to play a game for free instead of buying it.

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like a majority of people I have communicated with are against piracy this generation and just think that emulatirs are worth the wait. Maybe it is just my mind skewing things though.

Besides, I still wouldn't want to wait 6+ months to play a game for free instead of buying it.
we are against piracy until they start releasing every single game at $80 a piece

Reactions: 8BitWonder

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There aren't a lot of people who are going to post, "I want to pirate Switch games."

A lot of people would.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I mean that's really generalizing this whole generation. I do warez all the time, don't really care.

D

Deleted User

A lot of people would.
I don't understand that. Maybe if piracy was a possibility already I would be more understanding, but waiting to pirate is like taking a picture of something that you could have now, daydreaming about it, and then getting it for free 6 months later.

Besides, most of the employed people I know are willing to shovel out $60 for a new game every couple of months.

People try to put the "$60 a game!!!" as an argument when in reality most people arent buying every game that comes oit

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would say a majority of the people who hack their systems on this board do it just because they like hacking their systems. my friend swim pirated a few games for 3ds, but played them for maybe 5-10 minutes each. he just enjoyed the feeling of accomplishing complex tasks.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake
D

Deleted User

I mean that's really generalizing this whole generation. I do warez all the time, don't really care.
I'm not anti-piracy by any means. In fact, if I said I was I would be a hypocrite. What I am trying to say is that it seems pointless to wait a while for a game when you could just buy it. If you can't afford it then that is different, but working peoplr who are going to wait just because they want free games confuse me.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would say a majority of the people who hack their systems on this board do it just because they like hacking their systems. my friend swim pirated a few games for 3ds, but played them for maybe 5-10 minutes each. he just enjoyed the feeling of accomplishing complex tasks.
Most people do it for bragging rights tbh. Show it off.

Reactions: APartOfMe

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think following a step by step guide counts as complex tho

Reactions: Deleted User

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand that. Maybe if piracy was a possibility already I would be more understanding, but waiting to pirate is like taking a picture of something that you could have now, daydreaming about it, and then getting it for free 6 months later.

Besides, most of the employed people I know are willing to shovel out $60 for a new game every couple of months.

People try to put the "$60 a game!!!" as an argument when in reality most people arent buying every game that comes oit
Playing devil's advocate for a moment, imagine you viewed it like this:
  1. Pay $60 to play Super Mario Odyssey now, potentially forfeiting the ability to pirate games later and maybe only buying two or three other games over the next year or two.
  2. Wait an undetermined amount of time, perhaps a year or two, to gain the ability to pirate Super Mario Odyssey and the rest of the Switch library.
That's potentially quite the game library at one's fingertips with Option #2, and it potentially only requires waiting a year a two.

Reactions: weatMod

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually was going to just update my current Switch to play Odyssey since a breakthrough for the Switch could happen anytime from tomorrow and 20XX but my little brother wants to play the new Pokemon game without sharing consoles so I ended up buying the bundle. I'm now waiting for it to ship to my house so I can officially own 2 Nintendo Switches which should be around Wednesday. And no, I'm not rich.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If people were truly against piracy they would stop aiding console hacks altogether since it's the source of it. Do we really need homebrew/emulators on every single console we own? no not really

Last edited by MasterJ360,
D

Deleted User

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, imagine you viewed it like this:
  1. Pay $60 to play Super Mario Odyssey now, potentially forfeiting the ability to pirate games later and maybe only buying two or three other games over the next year or two.
  2. Wait an undetermined amount of time, perhaps a year or two, to gain the ability to pirate Super Mario Odyssey and the rest of the Switch library.
That's potentially quite the game library at one's fingertips with Option #2, and it potentially only requires waiting a year a two.
Speaking from experience, pirating a whole slew of games at one time really takes away the fun. Besides, when I said they pay $60 for a new game every few months, I never said they didn't buy cheaper games, like Puyo or Shovel knight in between.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated for it from 2.3 to 3.1. Tbh after reading all the progress as far as i see it if there will be a way to play newer crypto games it requires a vulnerability in a newer fimware anyway. Im probably just continuing staying offline and buy the games i want. If those require a update i will update. If i miss out on homebrew/ cfw i can deal with that when the time comes. I bought the switch to play games after all, getting homebrew like kodi or snes9x would be great but not woth giving up on games.

"if there will be a way to play newer crypto games it requires a vulnerability in a newer fimware anyway. "

yeah and how many times have we heard this one before
then they always find some solution
PS3, last exploitable FW , 3.55
latest games playable on CFW

Ceuse

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have to agree though. Since im able to pirate games on the 3ds i barly invest more time in a game then a cuple of minutes. Its a blessing and a curse at the same time. You have the ability to play everything yet you stop careing about most of the games. I probably would have droppex odyysey by now if i hadnt actually bought ir

Reactions: weatMod

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"if there will be a way to play newer crypto games it requires a vulnerability in a newer fimware anyway. "

yeah and how many times have we heard this one before
then they always find some solution
PS3, last exploitable FW , 3.55
latest games playable on CFW
There are lots of possible solutions to playing newer games on a 3.0.0 sysNAND Switch. Updating because it will always be "impossible to play newer games without updating" is not a good reason to update.

Have to agree though. Since im able to pirate games on the 3ds i barly invest more time in a game then a cuple of minutes. Its a blessing and a curse at the same time. You have the ability to play everything yet you stop careing about most of the games. I probably would have droppex odyysey by now if i hadnt actually bought ir
If you require a financial incentive to play video games, then you don't actually like video games, and you shouldn't waste your money on video games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...