Hacking Are you updating your Switch with the New Super Mario?

Are you updating your Switch with the New Super Mario?

• Nop, will persist on 3.0.0 or version X.X.X

Votes: 51 21.6%
  • I was already updating. I bought the Switch to play games.

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • I can afford two Switches, losers!

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • I don't even have a Switch, lol.

Votes: 27 11.4%
  • Yup. Everything for Mario!

Votes: 44 18.6%

• Total voters

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have to agree though. Since im able to pirate games on the 3ds i barly invest more time in a game then a cuple of minutes. Its a blessing and a curse at the same time. You have the ability to play everything yet you stop careing about most of the games. I probably would have droppex odyysey by now if i hadnt actually bought ir
yeah i know the feeling
but i did play through the games i really wanted
pretty far into samus returns right now, i stopped BOTW at 4th divine beast boss though but i hav eno had much time to play games
it gets really overwhelming with so many games but i will always play the big N franchises no matter if they are free or not

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i know the feeling
but i did play through the games i really wanted
pretty far into samus returns right now, i stopped BOTW at 4th divine beast boss though but i hav eno had much time to play games
it gets really overwhelming with so many games but i will always play the big N franchises no matter if they are free or not
Game-piracy does not obligate one to play games one doesn't want to play.

Ceuse

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had a blast playing the new south park game pirated. Its more about average games which i give up on alot earlier if i sisnt pay for them (odyysey isnt blowing me away yet). If your able to just *try the next game* without a financial hit the frustration level is alot lower. At least for me

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are lots of possible solutions to playing newer games on a 3.0.0 sysNAND Switch. Updating because it will always be "impossible to play newer games without updating" is not a good reason to update.

If you require a financial incentive to play video games, then you don't actually like video games, and you shouldn't waste your money on video games.
yup i am holding out till it is hacked ,unless it it year from now and the switch goes on sale really cheap
like $150 metroid prime switch bundaru in 3 years time
but i think we will see something before then

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I do update to the latest firmware as soon as it's available cause I love to play online Splatoon 2. Also those new 1st party titles, Odyssey & upcoming Xenoblade 2 are so tempting. I want to play & enjoy my console here & now, not holding it for a obscure future homebrew release.

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"if there will be a way to play newer crypto games it requires a vulnerability in a newer fimware anyway. "

yeah and how many times have we heard this one before
then they always find some solution
PS3, last exploitable FW , 3.55
latest games playable on CFW

a new firmware vulnerability might actually be required, but it could be a hard mod that ends up being used to get the new encryption key, a key that could then be used by people on lower firmwares to play newer games, theoretically

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing devil's advocate for a moment, imagine you viewed it like this:
  1. Pay $60 to play Super Mario Odyssey now, potentially forfeiting the ability to pirate games later and maybe only buying two or three other games over the next year or two.
  2. Wait an undetermined amount of time, perhaps a year or two, to gain the ability to pirate Super Mario Odyssey and the rest of the Switch library.
That's potentially quite the game library at one's fingertips with Option #2, and it potentially only requires waiting a year a two.
If you save for a year or two you can just buy those games you pirated when they came out. The waiting argument only makes sense if you are poor and have no job.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"if there will be a way to play newer crypto games it requires a vulnerability in a newer fimware anyway. "

yeah and how many times have we heard this one before
then they always find some solution
PS3, last exploitable FW , 3.55
latest games playable on CFW
The ps3 is not the same as the switch, not at all.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know that but it does not matter it doe snot mean there will not be work arounds
remember TB
remember every other time we heard x is impossible or x will take x amount of years only to be bypassed
If you want to compare to other consoles take a look at vita then come back and tell me the same thing. You can't compare how the scene of one console will be based on the scene of past consoles.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought my switch to enjoy and play it. Waiting on lower firmware for an I indefinite time for homebrew isn't worth it for me. Imo we would see basic homebrew in the near future, but would still be stuck with 3.0.0 firmware and games for a while after that. I'm not putting my switch in the closet for a year for piracy at best and at worst basic homebrew with no access to future games. I have other systems to exploit if I need my homebrew fix. The switch is the only system I've actually cared about in a while, and to be stuck sitting this early in its life just isn't worth it to me.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't not update my switch unless a major exploit was already released. I'd rather play mario for months and get an exploit years later than wait for homebrew indefinitely and not be able to play all my games

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats the thing nothing has been released and people are jumping the gun like 3.0 is the only hackable firmware when even that isn't officially confirmed yet

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will continue updating and buying games until a hack for my firmware comes out. Because I can't resist temptation to play all the cool new games.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will continue updating and buying games until a hack for my firmware comes out. Because I can't resist temptation to play all the cool new games.
The switch is the one modern system I think nintendo has actually done right. The concept was great, their first year release schedule was phenomenal, we are seeing third party devs release AAA titles (which many haters said the switch wouldn't get). And playing console quality games on the go. Yeah I was waiting on 3.0.0, but after heavy debating I determined that homebrew wasn't worth it for me. I updated a few days before odyssey and pre-ordered in time to receive it at launch. And it was well worth it to me. Odyssey is a great game and many new additions in eshop are now also open to me.

Reactions: the_randomizer
D

Deleted User

Well I would disagree about no exploit released. So far we have pegaswitch and while it's not able to do much the fact that javascripts can be injected to the switch over a network is huge. That is a huge step. They have a library but no rop chain publicly released but I feel this will come soon.

In my case I picked up the mario bundle. I reasoned that at least now I have 4 controllers. I already had a switch pro controller and I have an adapter that lets me use other controllers. Also I got the cool case and the red joycons which look snazzy. But I did have a yucky experience which kinda worried me as someone against drm.

So I get this new console and I'm all excited to play. But when I went to download it I couldn't. Because my nintendo account was associated with my 3.0 console. I think this is laaaaame. I had to call nintendo and have them pass the activation to the new switch but why is it even like that? I guess to prevent piracy but cmon I can't even redeem a game code? It's just silly.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ps3 is not the same as the switch, not at all.

No, but there's no guarantee of the same situation not repeating itself. I can see the Switch being in the same boat and not having exploitable firmware past 3.0.0. Nintendo's throwing out updates pretty frequently, as such, I won't have high expectations, to be blunt. :unsure: I'm already on 4.0.x so I just got sick of waiting.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Playing devil's advocate for a moment, imagine you viewed it like this:
  1. Pay $60 to play Super Mario Odyssey now, potentially forfeiting the ability to pirate games later and maybe only buying two or three other games over the next year or two.
  2. Wait an undetermined amount of time, perhaps a year or two, to gain the ability to pirate Super Mario Odyssey and the rest of the Switch library.
That's potentially quite the game library at one's fingertips with Option #2, and it potentially only requires waiting a year a two.

You really think with how much effort nintendo are putting into the success of the switch you will be pirating games in 1 year or 2? Their is SM hax(0.0001% of switch users with the FW, 0.00000001% that can actually exploit SM Hax), their will be a couple of emulators in early devolopment at best. Their is absolutely 0% chance you will be able to pirate games within that time frame and safely update your switch. Ive played odyssey and its an 11/10 game, its like the ocarina of time of marios. Do as you wish ;), but I've decided not to wait around for the distant future when the present is this good, if your waiting for piracy be ready for another 5 years wait, when they stop switch updates.

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Updating, since even if something came out for current exploits to run "Backups" you still wouldnt be able to run mario since its encrypted with 3.1 key. So in order to play Mario, and Metroid 4 and whatever else you will need a hack on higher firmware anyways. So no reason to stay on old firmware at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol