Hacking Are you going to buy WiikeÜ or waiting for Wii U homebew ?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 54,481
  • Replies 237

What are you going to your Wii U ?

• Total voters

rhymer

Trophies
XP
Country
I Pre-orderd mine at www.xbox360-key.nl, a Dutch site.
So, that's a no go for most people outside the BeNeLux. ;)

They expect the first batch somewhere near the end of august.

Thanks! I don't understand much Dutch so probably better to find a site that is in English :-) I did understand that their page now says it will be on the market in september, november. Strange that infinitydream is charging 130 EUR while the site you pre-ordered from only charges 95 EUR. Also the extra screen is not possible to select. Here is the same product on infinitydream:

http://www.infinitydream.com/wiikey-u-wiiu-p-870.html

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'll buy the Wii key because I don't really care for homebrew. Who needs another damn media player or emulators of 20+ year old systems? (Yes, I'm aware that there's more homebrew than that, but it just doesn't interest me.) It's just about Wii U titles and the Wii Key will hopefully deliver as promised. Besides, with the lack of overall interest in the Wii U, I doubt the homebrew scene would be anything spectacular.
I have to agree with this one. Homebrew for the Wii U doesn't interest me at all. If you want emulators, use an android device, if you want media players, use an android device. If you want homebrew games, get more high quality indie games for the Vita or Android. The reason why homebrew for the Wii was popular was because of the lack of alternatives back then. Granted, pirating Wii U games doesn't interest me at all as well.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Don't buy a wii-u key seriously, look at this.. basically it won't be needed http://pastebin.com/zGGmzSGp wii-u is hacked to pieces judging from this, almost able to selfboot the mod from a gamecube disc! There's a large custom firmware and future-proofing of the required exploits too (mostly xml files). It has ISO mounting in the fw anyway.

youreed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't buy a wii-u key seriously, look at this.. basically it won't be needed http://pastebin.com/zGGmzSGp wii-u is hacked to pieces judging from this, almost able to selfboot the mod from a gamecube disc! There's a large custom firmware and future-proofing of the required exploits too (mostly xml files). It as ISO mounting in the fw anyway.
Sounds like terrific news. Hope you all share this point of view and will be helped by this. Even from afar, it seems like you're doing an amazing job.
Thanks from a non whining support!

By the way, infinity, i guess this link might rather interest people following the hack thread, if i everyone's not aware already ;)

youreed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
a couple noob questions :
-i'd also love to know what it is. looks interestiong, but a few explanations (if it isn't a waste of time) would be great
- is it like done like dinner, or are these further clues thatmight come helpful?

from the date it was just released, and from the title it looks like some private ninty doc....
Is that what you guys call SDK ? (please don't stone me :D )

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

WiiUFanBoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't buy a wii-u key seriously, look at this.. basically it won't be needed http://pastebin.com/zGGmzSGp wii-u is hacked to pieces judging from this, almost able to selfboot the mod from a gamecube disc! There's a large custom firmware and future-proofing of the required exploits too (mostly xml files). It has ISO mounting in the fw anyway.

Isn't that part of the leaked SDK?

How does that help the average user?

And what does stream editor have to do with anything?

Edit: thanks for the conformation youreed.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to burst anyone's bubble but this links to proprietary and confidential information owned by Nintendo and should be removed by a Mod/Admin ASAP. Lets not get anyone in trouble here ;)

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Actually despite the nintendo header it clearly isn't a nintendo file at all... look at the contents wtf. He has full control over the system.. no region control, a debugger in regular use (because he's added a lot of these libraries himself). All from breaking out of the boundaries with an xml exploit - i really think this is going to be the biggest thing in console software hacking for a while if it can be adapted, surely it can when it's proven to be effective already.

What i linked was more like a blog of what he was last doing.. unfortunately the best plan, ALLOW_DISCRUN_IN_SOFTLAUNCH.value = "0"; which is to allow a disc to run the xml exploit, clean out the system memory and reset with his CafeX custom firmware. Really with these actually in our hands available to us, Wii-U just took a massive step.. once control is taken, you won't need to pay for ODEs, you won't have to worry about updates cause hes already been working on doing that for himself at the same time.

If you have a method of sending commands to your Wii directly well firstly there's some libs to help in the SDK, and secondly then you might be able to play around with the xml method and see if you can launch something, but it seems dangerous to actually use any write commands without knowing exactly how much to try and run. I see dirs leftover in sdk of his work before where he was just running 30 xml's all from each other with the add-on feature, all of those having ALL languages and locales enabled and deliberately having bad streams/music files connected to the executable. Somehow it must have been blanking out system memory enough to be overwritten gradually..

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually despite the nintendo header it clearly isn't a nintendo file at all... look at the contents wtf. He has full control over the system.. no region control, a debugger in regular use (because he's added a lot of these libraries himself). All from breaking out of the boundaries with an xml exploit - i really think this is going to be the biggest thing in console software hacking for a while if it can be adapted, surely it can when it's proven to be effective already.

What i linked was more like a blog of what he was last doing.. unfortunately the best plan, ALLOW_DISCRUN_IN_SOFTLAUNCH.value = "0"; which is to allow a disc to run the xml exploit, clean out the system memory and reset with his CafeX custom firmware. Really with these actually in our hands available to us, Wii-U just took a massive step.. once control is taken, you won't need to pay for ODEs, you won't have to worry about updates cause hes already been working on doing that for himself at the same time.

If you have a method of sending commands to your Wii directly well firstly there's some libs to help in the SDK, and secondly then you might be able to play around with the xml method and see if you can launch something, but it seems dangerous to actually use any write commands without knowing exactly how much to try and run. I see dirs leftover in sdk of his work before where he was just running 30 xml's all from each other with the add-on feature, all of those having ALL languages and locales enabled and deliberately having bad streams/music files connected to the executable. Somehow it must have been blanking out system memory enough to be overwritten gradually..

If it's a real exploit, post about it in the exploit thread and make it work. Otherwise quit talking about it because it's probably nothing.

dick_doge

Trophies
XP
Country
I believe WiiKey will come out with the goods!. I ordered a WiiKey 1 when it was first on the scene and I installed it and all worked good and good as there word was they released updates via disks and got games like SSBB working and never had an issue with the Wiikey, its still pumping away inside my Wii today!!!. So I have full faith in WiiKey to deliver the goods for the WiiU so I am seriously considering putting an order in with Teensy.co.uk for one very soon and at a retail price of £78.99p including delivery I think that is a steal especially when one WiiU game costs £49.99p, it makes perfect sense to me also its not just about the WiiKeyU I luv working on these sorts of new gadgets and opening up the consoles installing and soldering etc.., it keeps me entertained. :)

Are Teensy.co.uk reputable vendors ? Is it safe to buy from them ?

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
If it's a real exploit, post about it in the exploit thread and make it work. Otherwise quit talking about it because it's probably nothing.

We might as well close the forum then... i was talking to one of the people who helped with the browser exploit on here, he's not doubting it cause if you just read it carefully the xml exploit definitely exists, its all over the SDK in the guys files.

celcodioc

Major A$$hole
Trophies
XP
Country

Unless I'm getting it completely wrong, CafeX is an official Wii U devkit communication tool written in C# as an alternative to the Linux/Cygwin shell scripts that are normally used. The file you pointed to seems Nintendo to me, although I haven't looked at the entire thing.

nandfillup is Nintendo too.

Reactions: WulfyStylez

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless I'm getting it completely wrong, CafeX is an official Wii U devkit communication tool written in C# as an alternative to the Linux/Cygwin shell scripts that are normally used. The file you pointed to seems Nintendo to me, although I haven't looked at the entire thing.

nandfillup is Nintendo too.

Nope, I was reading through the pastebin he posted, this is definitely a modded version of another file, you can tell just by reading all the comments. The person in question is carlosk.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, I was reading through the pastebin he posted, this is definitely a modded version of another file, you can tell just by reading all the comments. The person in question is carlosk.

Still more than likely them dicking around with a devkit, not hacking anything.

celcodioc

Major A$$hole
Trophies
XP
Country

carlosk is mentioned in other leaked SDKs as well. I think these are notes by a Nintendo employee - "Carlos K."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto