Help Please! Wii and Wii U Backups on External HDD not recognised on newWii U

Cloakandmail

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I think I have found the answer to my question already in this very forum, but I need somebody to confirm the bad news please.

I had a Wii U, hacked and setup exactly how I wanted it. I had my Wii U games backed up to an external HDD and my Wii games backed up to a different external HDD.
I believe I used Wup Installer to install the Wii U games. Everything was great.

My Wii U refused to start one day and so I replaced it with a new unused Wii U to which I have added Tiramisu.

My new Wii U will not recognise either of my External drives.

I am hoping that I am not correct...but I believe it is because the Drives are linked to my old Wii U and there is no way to get my new Wii U to recognise them. I simply have to dig out my disks, format the drive and start installing again from scratch.

I am hoping that someone will tell me there is a better solution.

Thank you.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I think I have found the answer to my question already in this very forum, but I need somebody to confirm the bad news please.

I had a Wii U, hacked and setup exactly how I wanted it. I had my Wii U games backed up to an external HDD and my Wii games backed up to a different external HDD.
I believe I used Wup Installer to install the Wii U games. Everything was great.

My Wii U refused to start one day and so I replaced it with a new unused Wii U to which I have added Tiramisu.

My new Wii U will not recognise either of my External drives.

I am hoping that I am not correct...but I believe it is because the Drives are linked to my old Wii U and there is no way to get my new Wii U to recognise them. I simply have to dig out my disks, format the drive and start installing again from scratch.

I am hoping that someone will tell me there is a better solution.

Thank you.
The Wii U drive is formatted with a perconsole key so it cannot be used on another console. I think it should still show up though and ask you to format it. There may be software that you can use on a pc to retrieve the files but would most likely be better to reinstall the games. As for the Wii hdd is it Fat32 and did you have it hidden? If Fat32 you would need to unhide it for the wii u to see it but it should still work with vWii as far as I'm aware. Maybe you actually had both drives hidden as this is the only reason I can think of that they wouldn't show up at all.

Last edited by fringle,

Cloakandmail

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@fringle - Thank you for your quick response.
I cannot remember the details for the Wii drive. I know when I connect it to the PC it is not recognised, so I assume it is not Fat32.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@fringle - Thank you for your quick response.
I cannot remember the details for the Wii drive. I know when I connect it to the PC it is not recognised, so I assume it is not Fat32.
If it's hidden I also think it will be hidden from windows. Check disk management and see if it is listed there.
Here is a link for the Ustealth thread that you may have used to hide the drives for the Wii U as it may also be used to unhide it.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ustealth-wii-u-format-disk-nag-workaround.352786/
I think there is another application as well but can't remember the name of it at the moment.

Actually this one is also listed in that thread and works on the Wii U.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-usbhide-on-console-format-nag-stopper.612871/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto