Hacking Hardware U-Stealth says Hard Drive is Unknown and when I try to unhide it I get a warning saying "You cannot make changes to an unknown boot sector type!"

mitchko57

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, I wanted to upgrade my Wii U's hard drive, and as I was going through the steps I used U-Stealth to hide my hard drive so the Wii U wouldn't reformat my hard drive. When I tried to unhide my hard drive I got the error message "You cannot make changes to an unknown boot sector type!". I thought that maybe if I plugged my hard drive back into my Wii U and formatted it this would start everything over as a clean slate so I formatted it on my Wii U and the system recognizes the hard drive. But when I plugged my hard drive back into my computer I still have the same issue. How can I get the hard drive recognized by my computer? Thank you!

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically, I wanted to upgrade my Wii U's hard drive, and as I was going through the steps I used U-Stealth to hide my hard drive so the Wii U wouldn't reformat my hard drive. When I tried to unhide my hard drive I got the error message "You cannot make changes to an unknown boot sector type!". I thought that maybe if I plugged my hard drive back into my Wii U and formatted it this would start everything over as a clean slate so I formatted it on my Wii U and the system recognizes the hard drive. But when I plugged my hard drive back into my computer I still have the same issue. How can I get the hard drive recognized by my computer? Thank you!
This happened to one of my hard drives. You can manually use a hex editor to change the bytes needed to get the drive to unhide but in my experience it's dying. Even after changing the bytes and unhiding the drive the Wii U will not recognize it as being formatted for the system. You will be able to reformat it on the Wii U after changing these bytes but it is likely to happen again if it happened once since the drive is dying.

Here's a link to which bytes to change if you want to try it:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ustealth-wii-u-format-disk-nag-workaround.352786/post-9499219

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How can I get the hard drive recognized by my computer?
Once the HDD is format by Wii U dumb format, windows and OS won't be able to read it anymore. Also USB-hide is a much better app to use than U-Stealth imo, back when I have 2 hdds hooked up to the console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto