Hardware Are you getting 3G or Wi-Fi only?

Which would you get? (If your local carrier supports the 3G version)

• 3G + Wi-Fi

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Wi-Fi only

Votes: 31 88.6%

• Total voters

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don't care for the PS Vita, but I could just use wifi tethering on my phone, so it seems pointless to get the 3G version. However it's not that much more expensive and built in GPS does appeal to some degree, so I'm actually not sure.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Originally I had preordered the First Edition Bundle, but i cancelled it because I don't want to deal with AT&T data plans. Their service is very unreliable where I live as everyone I know who comes to my house gets no service from AT&T here, but all other providers work fine. I preordered the WiFi model instead.

badgerkins

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wifi only. I don't own a home console (not owned one since the SNES) so you could say I am a handheld gamer (have the DS and PSP) and I only play them when i'm at home. I don't like taking them out because I get paranoid people will steal it or judge me. I know it sounds silly but if i'm out of the house then I should be doing something outdoorsy rather than gaming which I can do at home. Plus, I don't have a TV for myself and I like the portability of handhelds (can play in bed, take it to the loo, watch TV while playing games, etc). So considering i'm only going to use it at home, Wifi is the best option.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Wifi only. The 3G is a total waste of money as it isn't stable enough for online gaming and download file size limit is only 20MB.
So only good for PS Minis and maybe some demos.
Some people say yeah but without 3G you have no GPS/Sat Nav, but that is what my droid phone is for =p

sukoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Unfortunately, it seems that the PS VITA is locked to Docomo.

I've used my 3G SIM card (the one i use with my MiFi dongle), after the pincode entry, i've got this error message.

"This SIM card is not compatible with the PS VITA system..."

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't change my vote, it's not letting me. I just hanged my preorder form a wifi version to a First Edition Bundle version, which is 3G. Christmas got me a long of extra cash, so FEB Vita was my first priority :D

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wifi onlt. Im not going to pay to play on the go. Ill just tether from my andriod if I need net on the go. Other then that there is internrt everywhere I go. Mall, stores, fast food. So ill save my money and I also heard it was like $20-35 a month.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Just 9 days to go!
Anyone going to a midnight launch? My store isn't having one though they told me it is the most preordered console they have ever had which I found surprising.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
it is the most preordered console they have ever had which I found surprising.

Given that no one i know who's not essentially a videogame forum user has any idea what the Vita is (mineral water?) i find that flabbergasting.....or pure spin.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just 9 days to go!
Anyone going to a midnight launch? My store isn't having one though they told me it is the most preordered console they have ever had which I found surprising.
I would be surprised if that were true. My local GameStop only has 2 preorders for the First Edition Bundle both of which are mine, and 6 combined for the Feb 22nd between wifi only and 3g/wifi. I live in a pretty big city too population of over 80,000 people.

fallinroxas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was originally going to get the WiFi version, but now I'm getting the First Edition 3G version. It just seems to have the most value.

sonicjam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting the wifi model because there no point getting the other model. 3g is slow, I can tether it with my phone's 4g internet connection. Also paying monthly for 3g stinks i wish it could be free because it just a handheld gaming device not a cell phone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1