Hardware Are you getting 3G or Wi-Fi only?

Which would you get? (If your local carrier supports the 3G version)

• 3G + Wi-Fi

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Wi-Fi only

Votes: 31 88.6%

• Total voters

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Slyakin said:
I wonder how well online gaming would work with my PSV tethered to my iPhone...
Data hungry.
tpi.gif

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
AT&T should take a page from DoCoMo and offer prepaid cards for Vita online instead of a whole payment plan entirely.
If they do I'd consider 3G + WiFi

dayjay

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong as I am trying to understand what 3G does. What I (think) know about 3G is that it lets you connect to the internet without the need of wifi hotspots but you need to pay in order to download stuff with large filesizes. Am I correct about this or not?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
3g means, youll connect to the internet by a mobile internet provider, just like you would with an iphone or any kind of smartphone.

you pay for mobile internet from a mobile company/cellphone provider, like verizon in the us or vodaphone/tonline in germany and then get to connect to the internet
usually you get a limit you can surf for, like 1gb at full speed, afterwards you connection speed gets reduced to 64kbit [just like 12 years ago
biggrin.gif
] which should still suffice to play online... but its a pain to download

pros: you get to go online everywhere your chosen provider has covered, which should be everywhere in towns, many roads, probably not in the mountains... well its different for all of them i guess

con: you have to pay, just like every other cellphone contract. you have to pay for internet twice or even three times, if you happen to own a home connection, a dataplan for your smartphone and a 3g psp vita... so yeah, things can add up really fast.

to be honest, if you have an iphone or any other kind of device with mobile internet, dont pay for 3g

if you dont and like to be online everywhere, you may think about it though.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
djricekcn said:
wifi Japanese one, 3G USA one
I don't recommend importing a Japanese system. Yen appreciation is very high right now (iirc 76 yen = 100 cents); meaning, the value of yen is increasing. Buying a 25,000 yen system will actually cost you $325 instead of $250. With $75 extra, you'd probably be able to buy two decent launch titles. I wouldn't import just to get it faster.

EDIT: let me get on topic... I'm going to buy the wifi only one. Like seriously, America has enough wifi hotspots to not need 3G IMO.

Chiejina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
I wonder how well online gaming would work with my PSV tethered to my iPhone...
Holy crap forgot about that. since my droid is hacked i can tether it to my droid for no additional money at all. this is what I'm gonna do! Yay sprint. Thats one service that truely has unlimited data and doesnt slow down
smile.gif

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wi-Fi, if Verizon was included, i'd definately get 3G. But AT and T is horrible here, my friends cant even get signals on school campus, and i get get 3-4 bars while in the buildings/in tunnels with Verizon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really...