Hacking Are we going to have a perfect 3DS flashcart near OoT release?

Will we?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oceanborn712 said:
"Hey I absolutely want to play that game, but it's not worth buying to me" ... go buy the damn game. Horrible how people today want everything for free.

mhm, imagine every game having a 70€+ pricetag on it and we'll talk

anw, both the wii and ds were hacked within a year[wii sooner if i remember well], the 3ds prolly has better anti-piracy measures but probably even more hackers working on them

when it will be hacked, it will be, nobody will know, just keep checking GBAtemp, that's all you can do

what i still don't understand is: why aren't these topics deleted in the first place?

delete everything after rydian's post and lock it

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
I think not... and i hope there won't be.
Ocarina of time is the game i have the most memories of joy and frustration (*insert water temple here*)
from my childhood. I will by the game if i so have to sell my darn kidney.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
How the fuck are we supposed to know?
I think it's a legit question. This community is one of the most knowledgeable about such things. This the main reason i come here for news and advice since the GBA X-rom days. I my self will have to agree that it could around 2 years before we see a flash card for 3DS games. Till then we have all the NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, and regular DS games to play. If there is a 3DS game that you are dying to play just go buy it.
closedeyes.gif

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know what you are all bitching about. Is this question stupid? Sure. But how can you say "how are we supposed to know?"? Ofcourse we know. There is no way that there will be a flashcard that works in 3DS mode by then.
If Nintendo didn't totally lose their minds they will have signed the games asymetrically this time around. Which means there is likely never going to be a Flashcard without softmodding the system first. (or at least the flashcard having to start a game first, which savegame exploit then kicks you to the flashcards menu)
Unless Nintendo royally fucked up like with the signing bug on the Wii. But them making the same mistake twice is very unlikely.

Regardless of any of this we can savely say, that there won't be a 3DS Flashcard this year. Probably not even next year.

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Slowking said:
I don't know what you are all bitching about. Is this question stupid? Sure. But how can you say "how are we supposed to know?"? Ofcourse we know. There is no way that there will be a flashcard that works in 3DS mode by then.
Well, no way is kind of hard to say for shure, maybe some hacker will have some serious luck and hack it within a mount. Shure it´s more likely that every temper will win in the lottery next week, but it´s still a very slight chance so I wouldn´t say there is no way ;-)

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope not. I hope, and I really do hope that a good card doesn't happen until the end of the 3DS lifespan, or takes a hella long time ala PS3.

I feel the rampant downloading that really affected a lot of games on DS, and I'd prefer to not have to fears of games not being localized because it seems like more people will download it than buy it. It showed in the quality of games too, as Nintendo's own efforts seemed less frequent. Compare their 2010 and 2009 releases to say late 2007-early 2008. They had at least one game published by them per month.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
thegame07 said:
ps... fuck off with the remakes and give us something new.
No. Fucking. Wai. Ocraina of Time deserves a remake. It. Fucking. Deserves. One. Clear enough, tasteless hectopascal?
Seriously though, I'd love to play this. I'd prefer it to be released yesterday. And I'm not the only one.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Buddy only wants a flashcard by then to steal the game.

Don't you think it's worth buying? How 'bout you support the damn developers so that they'll continue to make decent games.

I've made it my goal to not pirate the games I play anymore. No more flashcards or anything; I've been buying all my shit as of late.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:

Don't you think it's worth buying? How 'bout you support the damn developers so that they'll continue to make decent games.

I've made it my goal to not pirate the games I play anymore. No more flashcards or anything; I've been buying all my shit as of late.
Amen to that.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh COME ON HankChill and Machomuu, don't you give me that " I'm holier then Thou" crap. I would almost bet as soon as as they release a 3DS game Card you two will be the FIRST to go and get one. If you were not interested in downloading games you would not be on this topic.
dry.gif

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
hankchill said:

Amen
[youtube]LDnu0giUS00[/youtube]

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferret7463 said:
Oh COME ON HankChill and Machomuu, don't you give me that " I'm holier then Thou" crap. I would almost bet as soon as as they release a 3DS game Card you two will be the FIRST to go and get one. If you were not interested in downloading games you would not be on this topic.
dry.gif
Honestly, I'm not interested in downloading games, nor do I think I'm better than anyone. I don't give a crap whether people pirate or not and I don't give a crap about laws. I didn't stop because I cared that it was illegal, I stopped because I wanted to and nothing more. If it comes down to it, I'll download the games I own/ed because I have a DSi and can't back-up m own games, so I have no qualms about downloading games. We're equals, pirate or ex-pirate, it doesn't really matter.

Also, just because I'm not a pirate doesn't mean I don't use my flashcarts, and if there came along a method for playing backups I'll take advantage of it.

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The game will be awesome just like the original so just buy the freaking thing.
Hell, I'm not even gonna buy a flashcart so that i can FINALLY build up a game collection.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
ferret7463 said:
dry.gif
Honestly, I'm not interested in downloading games, nor do I think I'm better than anyone. I don't give a crap whether people pirate or not and I don't give a crap about laws. I didn't stop because I cared that it was illegal, I stopped because I wanted to and nothing more. If it comes down to it, I'll download the games I own/ed because I have a DSi and can't back-up m own games, so I have no qualms about downloading games. We're equals, pirate or ex-pirate, it doesn't really matter.

Also, just because I'm not a pirate doesn't mean I don't use my flashcarts, and if there came along a method for playing backups I'll take advantage of it.
Thank you, for a calm and reasonable reply.
smile.gif

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
leeday100196 said:
Wow nutella, how many times do you have to say it before people understand? My guess is about 3-4 more years of people asking before they get the point (coincidentally about the same amount of time it'll probably take to create a working 3DS flashcart).
It's quite simple really. Not everybody reads all my posts as much as you do for some weird reason.

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Berthenk said:
thegame07 said:
No. Fucking. Wai. Ocraina of Time deserves a remake. It. Fucking. Deserves. One. Clear enough, tasteless hectopascal?
Seriously though, I'd love to play this. I'd prefer it to be released yesterday. And I'm not the only one.
It does? It's a simple remake without any new content except for the 3D. For a game that's already been released thrice. I'd say the OoT remake is a total waste of their time, even though the game is great.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oceanborn712 said:
Berthenk said:
thegame07 said:
It does? It's a simple remake without any new content except for the 3D. For a game that's already been released thrice. I'd say the OoT remake is a total waste of their time, even though the game is great.
ct-box-off-dsfaiug.jpg

Waste of their time, eh?

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Chrono Trigger had been released 13 years ago at the time it was released. The DS remake exposed younger player to a great game they couldn't have played legally without buying a really old console. OoT had TWO releases on GameCube and one on the Wii's Virtual Console. That's 3 releases that can already be played on the current hardware. (Also, OoT had 4 releases, not 3 as I said before)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2