Hacking Are we going to have a perfect 3DS flashcart near OoT release?

Will we?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A Gay Little Catboy said:
I hope we don't have a 3DS flashcard so people will buy the game for once instead of pirating it
Exactly.

And it does not matter how many time they re-released OoT, we always have a younger generation of gamers. I bet everyone would love to play it at higher resolution and 3D!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
I don't know what you are all bitching about. Is this question stupid? Sure. But how can you say "how are we supposed to know?"? Ofcourse we know. There is no way that there will be a flashcard that works in 3DS mode by then.
If Nintendo didn't totally lose their minds they will have signed the games asymetrically this time around. Which means there is likely never going to be a Flashcard without softmodding the system first. (or at least the flashcard having to start a game first, which savegame exploit then kicks you to the flashcards menu)
Unless Nintendo royally fucked up like with the signing bug on the Wii. But them making the same mistake twice is very unlikely.

Regardless of any of this we can savely say, that there won't be a 3DS Flashcard this year. Probably not even next year.
You can now sign copies of actual PSP games and they'll boot on official firmware on unmodified systems. On the dreamcast you could burn a game to a CD and a legit unmodified unit would run it.

No, we can't be sure, and nobody knows. Nintendo does seem to have taken more steps, but hackers only need one hole, as the PS3 showed.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Berthenk said:
thegame07 said:
ps... fuck off with the remakes and give us something new.
No. Fucking. Wai. Ocraina of Time deserves a remake. It. Fucking. Deserves. One. Clear enough, tasteless hectopascal?
Seriously though, I'd love to play this. I'd prefer it to be released yesterday. And I'm not the only one.

Awww the little zelda fanboy got all angry because someone gave their honest opinion about ports. I'm sure I speak for a lot of people. I don't want to see the 3ds flooded with old ports from 13 year ago even if it's a good game. If I wanted to play n64 games I would expect to see them on the Vc when it comes out, not used as a major title. I would rather Nintendo invest time on something new. I didn't buy an n64 3ds. Also try not to nerd rage when someone says their opinion, enjoy your ports.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The odds of this happening are the same as Imagine! Fashion Designer 3D getting a 10 at every gaming site and winning GOTY.

It will take a year minimum for any sort of 3DS mode hack, and even more time for it to be "user friendly". Sure, the Wii was hacked relatively quickly for games, but you had to solder. Then they made the Wii Clip, which made it a lot easier, but you still had to take the Wii apart. Then, there finally was the soft mods. All that took a while.

Giever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oceanborn712 said:
Chrono Trigger had been released 13 years ago at the time it was released. The DS remake exposed younger player to a great game they couldn't have played legally without buying a really old console. OoT had TWO releases on GameCube and one on the Wii's Virtual Console. That's 3 releases that can already be played on the current hardware. (Also, OoT had 4 releases, not 3 as I said before)
It will have been 13 years for OoT as well, when it gets released on the 3DS. It came out in November of 1998, and it'll be coming out in June 2011, so basically 13 years. Also, Chrono Trigger got re-released for PlayStation as well, PLUS it's getting a VC release in a bit. There's no reason not to have a remade port of OoT.

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
Put it this way the dsi mode was never hacked completely yet so what makes you think 3ds will be different?

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
DigitalDeviant said:
samjef11 said:
Put it this way the dsi mode was never hacked completely yet so what makes you think 3ds will be different?

more interest in 3DS, especially because of that region lock, I would like 3D homebrew too!
Yes i agree i guess nintendo are happy at the moment because we have only 1 choice and that's to buy the games.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CA519705950 said:
Four pages of rage at OP.
I think self-esteem must be nonexistent for this guy now.
I know right....s/he got uber raged.....

But then again one search would conclude that WE DON'T FUCKING KNOW WHEN/IF A FLASHCARD IS COMING OUT!

And yes I said IF!! Meaning...*gasp* we might not fucking get one

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We didn't have a perfect DS flash cart in time for Ghost Trick on the DS. There's no way we're seeing a perfect cart before June.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Squeeks said:
CA519705950 said:
Four pages of rage at OP.
I think self-esteem must be nonexistent for this guy now.
Yeah, being e-slapped on the wrist by some kids on a message board makes me upset too!
I want to make sweet, savory love to this post for hours on end.

progaor06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i say no here is why im not getting 3ds launch titles sucked until square enix gets good rpg lineup going or atlus or namco bandai this system is gonna suck for while oot is good but not worth shelling out 250 bucks for one title by febuary of 2012 we might have some good games but i know this for fact rpgs r gonna be sony thing always have always will.

who did sqaure go with when n64 came out sony which system has better graphics for rpgs psp over ds sqaure enix rpg so ill buy ngp on launch wait til 3ds drops in price or there like 4-5 decent jrpgs on it
look at wi rpgs less noone want make decent rpgs on nintendo system anymore for christ sakes

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
progaor06 said:
i say no here is why im not getting 3ds launch titles sucked until square enix gets good rpg lineup going or atlus or namco bandai this system is gonna suck for while oot is good but not worth shelling out 250 bucks for one title by febuary of 2012 we might have some good games but i know this for fact rpgs r gonna be sony thing always have always will.

who did sqaure go with when n64 came out sony which system has better graphics for rpgs psp over ds sqaure enix rpg so ill buy ngp on launch wait til 3ds drops in price or there like 4-5 decent jrpgs on it
look at wi rpgs less noone want make decent rpgs on nintendo system anymore for christ sakes
Your flag says you're American, how did you pass second grade English?

All you said was that launch titles suck unless it's Square and then went on to claim that Square favors Sony over Nintendo, which is absurd.

kryptonianpimp

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure on how many "security" measures the 3DS has, other than checking the card to see if it has blacklisted ID...

The real trick (as I'd imagine) would be getting the content of the cards, then forcing the 3DS to load a game... Everything else is just a matter of creativity on the homebrew developer's part. (UI, and stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to