Hacking Official AocPatcher

Rak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would you kindly compile this for a user 5 with SSB_ON_SD = 1? With the Brazilian exploit, the only reason I have to open the home-brew channel is activating the smash dlc, so this would make my wii u more usable. But setting up the development environment just for this seems silly to me :P

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
I have followed all the instructions to compile the project but I keep getting hit with this error:

curl_functions.c
In file included from d:/Downloads/AocPatcher-master/src/dynamic_libs/curl_functions.c:25:0:
d:/Downloads/AocPatcher-master/src/dynamic_libs/curl_functions.h:34:23: fatal error: curl/curl.h: No such file or directory
#include <curl/curl.h>
^
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [curl_functions.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

any Idea why this keeps happening? I can't find any info online on how to fix this and I know curl is used for URL transfers but I am not sure if that curl is related to this error at all. Any help is much appreciated​

aaronjohns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I have followed all the instructions to compile the project but I keep getting hit with this error:

curl_functions.c
In file included from d:/Downloads/AocPatcher-master/src/dynamic_libs/curl_functions.c:25:0:
d:/Downloads/AocPatcher-master/src/dynamic_libs/curl_functions.h:34:23: fatal error: curl/curl.h: No such file or directory
#include <curl/curl.h>
^
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [curl_functions.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

any Idea why this keeps happening? I can't find any info online on how to fix this and I know curl is used for URL transfers but I am not sure if that curl is related to this error at all. Any help is much appreciated​

Well, you are missing the curl library. Even I got this error initially. After you downloaded devkitpro and devkitppc packages, you need to download libogc and portlibs packages and extract them in the devkitpro path.

The link for libogc:- https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases/download/v0.2/libogc.7z

The link for portlibs:- https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases/download/v0.2/portlibs.7z

Note:- I used macOS 10.12 to compile the elf.

Last edited by aaronjohns,
Reactions: KevinX8 and JimmyZ

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Would you kindly compile this for a user 5 with SSB_ON_SD = 1? With the Brazilian exploit, the only reason I have to open the home-brew channel is activating the smash dlc, so this would make my wii u more usable. But setting up the development environment just for this seems silly to me :P

@aaronjohns uploaded an elf for USER_ID = 5 and I think for SSB with SSB_ON_SD = 1 you don't need matching USER_ID

and this is my compile with USER_ID = 3

Last edited by JimmyZ,

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Thanks for your effort on this project but I still hope that @masqchips wont stop to make the AOCPatcher working with SD Card Folders. Unfortunately your version supports the 4 games I've never played nor will :lol:

@masqchips's aocpatcher only works with SSB since it's the only game with SD access, and @Yardape8000's mod can do that too, there is no set back, I hope you can modify your post to reflect the truth since it is so up high and many reader will be misled by that.

DaBlackDeath

.::[ lone wolf ]::.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@masqchips's aocpatcher only works with SSB since it's the only game with SD access, and @Yardape8000's mod can do that too, there is no set back, I hope you can modify your post to reflect the truth since it is so up high and many reader will be misled by that.
So I can put DLC in SDCard://wiiu/titles/titleid/aocxxxxxxx instead of injecting to save? Because THIS IS what I meant. And trust me, there are more misleading posts than mine. But if I have confused you I'm sorry.

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
So I can put DLC in SDCard://wiiu/titles/titleid/aocxxxxxxx instead of injecting to save? Because THIS IS what I meant. And trust me, there are more misleading posts than mine. But if I have confused you I'm sorry.

yes you can, with SSB_ON_SD = 1, read the OP.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Your Mega link is missing the decryption key
Sorry, 1st time sharing with mega, link fixed.

DaBlackDeath

.::[ lone wolf ]::.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
see, this is what I meant but my english isn't good enough to explain.
So, it's again nothing for me :D

:edit:
but I changed my post for your peace of mind :)

Last edited by DaBlackDeath,

aaronjohns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well only two games which can universally work on all wii u with user id 5 is smash bros and wii sports club. I tested it and it is the only patcher which can unlock all sports. It also works with smash. I injected the aoc's with saviine. You only have to inject it once. Then afterwards you only have to run the patcher. Whenever you run the patcher, both games get patched simultaneously. You needn't rerun it for every game you want to play. Only rerun it on every subsequent boot.

My opinion is that this method is more safer than rednand. Hopefully Yardape8000 will continue to develop on this aoc patcher.

Last edited by aaronjohns,

Dr.Aardvark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so after trying this out and seeing how it works I started thinking.

How possible would it be to have this and caffine work together?
Like MK8 for example, you could inject dummy 0kb files into the save and have them be replaced by the actual files with cafiine on your pc.
Main problem I see with this is that load times would be pretty terrible.

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Testing with Hyrule Warrior, after saviine injection, game complains about save space limit exceeded or something similar, I pretty much beat the game already, so my save might be bigger, that APP.BIN is 3072KB, inject only DLC and start a new game works though.

That is strange, considering the game claims 7680KB of save space. and the new save is exactly the same size.

While trying to revert to my old save, the first time I try, the game complains the save is corrupted(or something similar), fortunatly it worked after the second try, I believe this could be a saviine bug?

update: just noticed saviine actually said this: "-> injection failed, trying to restore the data"

I read somewhere Sports Club need only empty folders? doesn't work here, will try to find the dlc later

Last edited by JimmyZ,

NekoVJ18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Thanks for explaining Yardape8000 although there is only one little thing that I do not agree with what you exhibited on the subject:

Like I said, Red NAND is a better option. AocPatcher is most likely a dead end, and just a coding novelty.

This isn't a Dead End... This is a alternative for RedNand (at least on the issue of DLC) because this reason: It is true that RedNand lets you more easily emulate other things ... but if what you want is only Wii U Games and DLC? The Brazilian method is sufficient. RedNAND not serve you for something else ... because the virtual console would not be one of your priorities.

But it's the same. No one can discredit your hard work. Moreover, it is only my view on the subject. You have yours and I respect that. In addition to thank you again for this mod for aocpatcher. Thank you so much.

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
I have tested hyrule warriors quite throughly and can confirm the save limit on EUR version is somewhere around 3160kb. I was able to inject upto 3158kb just fine but if I tried anything above that it would error on me 3146kb is reserved for the save file in my case anyway I am not sure if it grows over time or variables in the save are changed to reflect progress but there isnt much room for DLC considering each pack is 532B
EDIT: Turns out its a bug with saviine not HW seems to fail at final step sometimes causing the save to corrupt

Last edited by KevinX8,

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Thanks for explaining Yardape8000 although there is only one little thing that I do not agree with what you exhibited on the subject:

This isn't a Dead End... This is a alternative for RedNand (at least on the issue of DLC) because this reason: It is true that RedNand lets you more easily emulate other things ... but if what you want is only Wii U Games and DLC? The Brazilian method is sufficient. RedNAND not serve you for something else ... because the virtual console would not be one of your priorities.

But it's the same. No one can discredit your hard work. Moreover, it is only my view on the subject. You have yours and I respect that. In addition to thank you again for this mod for aocpatcher. Thank you so much.
Same thought, especially considering the current stage of redNAND, I think this is useful, hacky and interesting.

NekoVJ18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
I have tested hyrule warriors quite throughly and can confirm the save limit on EUR version is somewhere around 3160kb. I was able to inject upto 3158kb just fine but if I tried anything above that it would error on me 3146kb is reserved for the save file in my case anyway I am not sure if it grows over time or variables in the save are changed to reflect progress but there isnt much room for DLC considering each pack is 532B
EDIT: Turns out its a bug with saviine not HW seems to fail at final step sometimes causing the save to corrupt

You have managed to fix the error? sorry for the disturbances. I have also tried to inject but does not give me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?