Hacking Anyone tried the new DSTWO +? Is it worth the upgrade?

sirgilmour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the original dstwo. Is it worth around 50$ with the shipping to have this upgrade?
I would like to know if it is flawless for even mario RPG wich is one of my all time favorites and requires a lot of ram.
I noticed that all the emulators it is working with have not been updated in years, and i don't think they will. so im not to keen on buying a card that has no current support.

D

Deleted User

Nope. The emulators would have to be rewritten to take advantage of any new hardware. The emulators are already pretty so-so, and the 3DS capability... well long story short, let's just say they got really lazy and just threw their customers under a bus to make a quick buck. There is no support for this card on the 3DS side so good luck.

edit: I don't have the cartridge, but have played around with it a bit. Repaired 2 bricks via DSTwo. So yea, not worth the money if you already have a DSTwo

Last edited by ,

sirgilmour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone ever played a DOS game with any chance on 3ds? if there is a dos emulator out there? I would love to play me som Land Of Lore on the go.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anyone ever played a DOS game with any chance on 3ds? if there is a dos emulator out there? I would love to play me som Land Of Lore on the go.
There is a dosbox core in the retroarch pack afaik, never tried it anyway, but someone here was even able to use it to boot Windows 95 on a N3DS.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS2linux runs a little faster if you put it on the highest setting. It might be a placebo affect though, and it was only for the ps1 emu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_