Any tool to download game updates?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
So on my hacked ps4 I can get a physical game disk, download the legit pkg update for the game, install it with the pkg installer - then dump both to a fpkg?

If so great! Will appreciate if anyone can confirm :)

WiiU_Funkionz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So on my hacked ps4 I can get a physical game disk, download the legit pkg update for the game, install it with the pkg installer - then dump both to a fpkg?

You can dump them as a game and update folder dump, then take them to your pc and package them as fake pkg files. The dump process alone will not do the work for you. There are some steps to learn with all that such as creating gp4 files, checking and dealing with encrypted trophies, dumping to a USB vs. dumping via FTP, etc. I'd suggest starting off by watching some of modded warfare's youtube tutorials to get you up to speed.

Pro tip: don't use the binloader payload that comes with goldhen. Inject the payload from one of the hosting sites. One that uses port 9020 for the payload. It seems the one that comes with goldhen is causing issues with game dumps. I was having issues the other day with one until I tried this method I just mentioned.

Reactions: cearp

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yes, downloaded the latest update for 5.05 for ratchet and clank on the ps4, which was 1.07 iirc, via orbis patches. no issues dumping both game and patch. you can dump the keystone if you want legit saves to work. it's only a part of the base game. you can either use the keystone app as part of orbis or orbis itself, but do note that the keystone app will create a keyston2, which is identical to the keystone, except the hash will be different since it will say keyston2 in the header. the fingerprint will be identical though. that's if you want both a legit and a fake keystone, though only the keystone itself will be read when saving. I think it's a bug when you inject a keystone into the gp4 as it's not supposed to do that. ;)

Reactions: cearp

Consoleman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So if I already have a fpkg installed that I created myself from the retail BD, is it possible to install updates with package installer?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I already have a fpkg installed that I created myself from the retail BD, is it possible to install updates with package installer?
yes, but they must be fpkg unless you still have the retail disc. if you still have the retail disc, delete the fpkg, then download and install the retail update from orbispatches (think they have a homebrew for this on their site), then dump both or just the update and remarry.

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes you have to dump the updates yourself that you apply to the retail disc, and pair them to the main 1.00 game pkg you already dumped, using fpkg tools.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'll have to dump it the normal way. actually, I just realized something. you won't have to remarry the update at all, considering you'll be using the same base pkg.

Consoleman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you'll have to dump it the normal way. actually, I just realized something. you won't have to remarry the update at all, considering you'll be using the same base pkg.
I don't think that I have understood your mentioned method. What I have done so far is download the patch with package installer resulting in an error, cannot be installed.
So now I have to dump this file right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits...