Gaming Any New Character you want in smash?

What character do you want in smash ultimate.

• Son Goki

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • Shantae

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Waluigi

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • Banjo and Kazooie

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Midna

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Shadow

• Sora (Kingdom Hearts)

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • Amaterasu (Okami)

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Geno (super Mario rpg)

• Cole Phelps ( LA noir)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shovel knight

Votes: 7 6.8%

• Total voters

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Definitely Goku. Waluigi has never been in a mainline Mario game so he doesn't deserve a spot in the roster.

We don't need another Captain Falcon clone and Tails wouldn't work as a Sonic Echo fighter because Tails can't do a homing attack and most of Sonic's moves were taken from Sonic Battle.
lol sakurai himself also stated only picks characters that originated in video games.

what characters do or not on their games doesn't matter i never saw ganon doing warlock puches, or mewtwo olimar ever doing a fighting move.

the point of echo fighters is to increase the CSS without much developing time, since sakurai even further declonified ganon with new smash attaks and probably more different moves getting a new rep for F zero is long due, its the only original smash character that never got a second entry.

seriously even mother got a 2nd rep so did DK, and metroid is now at 3, using an echo fighter to get a 2nd rep for f zero and a new bad guy would be almost perfect.

also tails or shadow can all fit sonic echo fighters if they do homing attack or not doesnt matter.

ness and lucas never use those attacks in their games, they have attaks from their other members just because.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've always felt like Goku would feel really uncanny in Smash, probably because he's not really even a video game character. Could also just be because I don't like DBZ I guess. I hate the idea of adding Waluigi too, because it would make me feel like Smash is integrating meme culture, but I suppose that has more to do with the social understanding of Waluigi as a character than it does with the actual character. On the other hand he would just be another mario clone, so actually fuck Waluigi. The only character I want in that I think really has a chance of making it in is Chibi Robo. I'd also love to see Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight, or most unrealistically Slugcat from Rain World. Rain World isn't even on the switch though, so I guess what I want in Smash is a Switch port for Rain World.
why would waluigi be a mario clone? lol ever saw waluigi throw fire balls, or using flood or doing the tornado?

waluigi would fight like any normal character would, it has no reason to be a clone of anyone really, thats like saying wario is a clone of mario lol which it isnt.

D

Deleted User

I think that Ganondorf should be given his own unique moveset. He's always been a Captain Falcon clone. Other clone characters eg. Falco, Wolf, Dr. Mario, Lucina, etc. are in the same franchise as the characters they are based on. Ganondorf is not related to Captain Falcon.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Im really surprised that Rex from XC2 and some characters from Arms arent on the roster.
they will be lol sakurai is not gonna announce everything in one go, im preety sure rex and mythra or wahtever will be in the game, sakurai said he loved xenoblade 2 on his twitwer so im preety sure he will be in and maybe mithra an go in the background like pokemon trainer to help him.

its obvious too that spring man or riboon girl or both will make it in, but its just one char at a time.

imo the safest bet are
rex/ mithra from xc2
springman ribbon girl(costumes like manny characters with movesets with several weapons of manny fighters)
new pokemon (i bet we will get a gen8 pokemon to promote the mainline pokemon game)

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol sakurai himself also stated only picks characters that originated in video games.

what characters do or not on their games doesn't matter i never saw ganon doing warlock puches, or mewtwo olimar ever doing a fighting move.

the point of echo fighters is to increase the CSS without much developing time, since sakurai even further declonified ganon with new smash attaks and probably more different moves getting a new rep for F zero is long due, its the only original smash character that never got a second entry.

seriously even mother got a 2nd rep so did DK, and metroid is now at 3, using an echo fighter to get a 2nd rep for f zero and a new bad guy would be almost perfect.

also tails or shadow can all fit sonic echo fighters if they do homing attack or not doesnt matter.

ness and lucas never use those attacks in their games, they have attaks from their other members just because.
The only characters who can use homing attacks are Sonic and Shadow, and in all games those moves are restricted to them. Classic Sonic is canonically unable to do it as well, so he can’t be an Echo Fighter. Tails move set would most likely give him multiple jumps, use of his blaster, his Tail Spin, etc, moves sonic can’t use

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The only characters who can use homing attacks are Sonic and Shadow, and in all games those moves are restricted to them. Classic Sonic is canonically unable to do it as well, so he can’t be an Echo Fighter. Tails move set would most likely give him multiple jumps, use of his blaster, his Tail Spin, etc, moves sonic can’t use
like i said what you think makes sense doesn't matter lol, th moment ganon was added with captain falcon moveset since ssbm what a character can or cant do don't matter.

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like i said what you think makes sense doesn't matter lol, th moment ganon was added with captain falcon moveset since ssbm what a character can or cant do don't matter.
Sakurai wants to keep third party characters as accurate as he can. That’s the reason why sonic has 2 spin dashes and why the other third parties are so unique, like Bayo and Cloud, especially Ryu

ShonenJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
after game release they should add a ballot like the previous game for 1 final requested character. Though with the amount of characters in the game im pretty satisfied. Hell there probably more announcements like a september Nintendo direct is always a big one. A character might be announced in that direct

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
after game release they should add a ballot like the previous game for 1 final requested character. Though with the amount of characters in the game im pretty satisfied. Hell there probably more announcements like a september Nintendo direct is always a big one. A character might be announced in that direct
considering xenoblade dlc is released in september i predict rex/mithra announcement :P

Reactions: ShonenJump

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!