ANOTHER DragonBall Kai Ultimate Butouden Translation

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by kosheh, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Super Gogeta

Super Gogeta Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2011
    Brazil
    within the Nintendo 3DS
    this project is dead? [​IMG]

2. blahkamehameha

blahkamehameha GBAtemp Regular

Mar 31, 2010
    United States
    Pretty much.

Kosheh seems to have lost interest in it, unless he is so busy where all he has time to do is sleep, eat, and do his job.
    Which is a shame if that's the case, but I haven't lost all hope yet.

It does look doubtful, like I said at the beginning, that this will get an American release. Which I think would be a very foolish move, but even more foolish moves have been done in the past.

3. Nebz

Nebz The N00b

Jul 1, 2010
    United States
    Rhode Island
    It's kind of unfair to just break it down into those 3 things. Some people do have much more in their personal lives such as friends, family, and events that aren't foreseen.
    Whether it's dead or not I can't say but still... Ya gotta give a guy a break unless he's said otherwise that all he does is 'sleep, eat, and do his job'.

4. blahkamehameha

Mar 31, 2010
    United States
    Oh, I know what you mean. Everyone has personal activities they would rather do than translate a game of course.

I'm just saying we haven't heard from him in well over a month, so that leads one to think this project is close to dead.

5. koimayeul

koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 2, 2009
    France
    France
    hmmm i think the game is already playable as is, with the current patch.. its cool game should be localised sometime soon

edit : oh sorry thanks for whats been done so far, appreciate! [​IMG]

6. badgerkins

badgerkins GBAtemp Regular

Jul 23, 2008
    He said he isn't dropping it; just taking a break.

7. kosheh
    OP

kosheh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 3, 2009
    United States
    this

tbh, I'm actually waiting for an announcement at this point

Unfortunately, LIFE!! has caught up to me; I'm working on getting into a college program to obtain a certificate in networking and planning out what exactly I'm gonna do after that. Once I get these things sorted and maybe a better job to keep me financially afloat, I'll be able to do this in my free time. I've also been fixing my old consoles and teaching myself how the butt these things work. Maybe a month from now I'll be soldering like mad.

that and I'm STILL playing pokemon holy shit

Yeah, honestly the whole Elza-me-drama thing was so ridiculous and me literally sitting down and hacking/translating for days (no, really I was) and the criticisms (omg, ur translations so off, google transl8in everythin) that it was just kinda
    unmotivating eh

I've also currently got an incredibly toxic friend who's just plain not fun to be around and my friend's all "hey kosheh i need a hand here"; I'm trying to help ease some drama between them and hopefully let my friend get away from it on good terms (well, not so much that....but more like, MY friend is practically the toxic friend's caretaker she might as well move in with her at this point)

things are working to my advantage in that regard and in the summer i generally have more free time and less people bitching at me

So, if there's no stateside announcement made during the summer, I will definitely return to this; spend maybe two weeks on it and polish it off to the best thing evar

8. HtheB

HtheB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2006
    Netherlands
    Bize Her Yer Trabzon
    Hope to see a new update soon when you start again on this project! [​IMG]

9. HtheB

May 15, 2006
    Netherlands
    Bize Her Yer Trabzon
    .................................................................... [​IMG] ?

anyone else also feeling like this?

10. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

Sep 4, 2009
    United States
    The Courtroom
    ...No.

In fact, I have no idea what you're talking about.

11. HtheB

May 15, 2006
    Netherlands
    Bize Her Yer Trabzon
    It's been months ago since kosheh told us that he's going to continue on this translation project [​IMG]
    there is still no news about it [​IMG]

12. Mugiwara no Kot

Mugiwara no Kot Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2011
    Brazil
    São Paulo Brasil
    It don't really need translation, but is interesting for all of us understand this thing.
    Thanks for posting xD

13. Arithmatics

Arithmatics I'll be holding on to you. ;}

Jan 29, 2009
    Malaysia
    I'm still uncertain as to whose patch is better. (Never tried either yet). Going to.. But haven't..

14. blahkamehameha

Mar 31, 2010
    United States
    If you're referring to elza's patch, it sucked horribly.

15. T.Kuranari

T.Kuranari GBAtemp Regular

Aug 30, 2011
    It's unlikely that there will be any more updates since the translator did quit this project (naturally if you consider the high possibility of a western localization, it's a Dragon Ball game afterall [​IMG])

16. blahkamehameha

Mar 31, 2010
    United States
    i don't think it's going to be localized after this long.

17. djalmafreestyler

djalmafreestyler GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 31, 2011
    Brazil
    would love to play this game 100% translated [​IMG]

18. VanitasTheBest

VanitasTheBest Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Does this translation still go on? o:

19. Cheetara

Cheetara Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2010
    Brazil
    São Paulo
    Nobody want's to take this project and carry on? Kosheh? As i can see, there be no oficial translation coming to DS (and neither another Kai-Rpg game of the Freeza Saga. So sad...)
    Will be a shame don't play this game in complete, with the story translated and the "what if" part. It's a real good fighting game, really unique on the ds.

20. Pablo3DS

Pablo3DS GBAtemp Regular

Oct 3, 2010
    Brazil
    One More japanese game not translated 100%... SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME :angry: