ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
  1. Visit the desired dream town
  2. Go to http://bit.ly/acnl_hack in your 3DS Internet Browser
  3. Click on RAM > SD
  4. Add this page to your bookmarks (tap on Menu then Add)
  5. Go back and click on SD > RAM
  6. Add this page to your bookmarks (tap on Menu then Add)
  7. Edit both recently added bookmarks and remove the -remove- word in their URLs (including dashes)
  8. Run the RAM > SD bookmark to dump the ram from the game
  9. Return home and then run the SD > RAM webpage to inject the RAM and go inside and outside of a building to allow the time to configure and the game to save
  10. Profit

Thanks, this method worked! Also, thank you too, @Jarrad and @cooroxd ! :)

@marc_max , actually, that's because my true town is "locked" behind my other 3DS with a ripped cable (and then, I can't turn it on until I fix it in one month). So I decided to recover my old and first town, and put it on my second 3DS then, to play while I can't fix the first one.

On the second 3DS, I'm starting from zero, so no worries with my old town ("Tiny Sun", for that matters) replacing the current one :)

Reactions: Jarrad and RyDog

katrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you say until do you mean more than one day?
I had it in my town and when I got bored of it, I hex edited it out. I don't know if it would work for tents but you can definitely try.
edit: I didn't simply remove it with the editor because at the time (July 2015), it just didn't want to go away. Hex editing did the trick.

Last edited by katrain,

mental_lentil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so it is still possible to dump dream towns using RAM hacking? I am on 9.2 as well, but I'm unable to use the dream suite ever since Nintendo restricted online play for people who haven't updated their consoles.

squishyscrump

Trophies
XP
Country
Are these able to be added to the editor?

Fill catalog
Fill museum
Edit house size
Edit gameplay time ( it shows how long but cant be edited) cause i want the biggest size tree

Also is there a way to edit villager skins? I would like a jibanyan in my town.

:)

Edit: forgot to mention in the player tab theres a question mark next to chance face which tells you what number face style you will get. Please could this ? Button be added for hair style, hair color and eye color as at the moment im just guessing

Last edited by squishyscrump,

mental_lentil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone please explain how they are able to still visit dream towns on firmware 9.2? I'm on emunand 10.7 sysnand 9.2 but I can only use the dream suite when in emunand.

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@marc_max , I have a question, maybe you (or any other person) can clarify some things to me...

Days ago, I dumped my old dream town, and despite not having any furniture, I was OK with it... when I dumped the .bin file, and looking at it through your editor, I could see all my ten villagers - one of them, Cherry, come from another town.

When I injected the dream town in order to replace my current town, something happened... when the in-game clock corrected itself after entering ang leaving a building, that villager (Cherry) was gone, and now I have 9 villagers.

Since your editor allows to see all the past 16 villagers from a town (I even can see Cherry now at the top of the list), is there any way to recover her?

It's more a curiosity, really. If this can't be possible at all (and not even in future versions of your editor), I'll understand. Thanks in advance! :)

deejayb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@marc_max , I have a question, maybe you (or any other person) can clarify some things to me...

Days ago, I dumped my old dream town, and despite not having any furniture, I was OK with it... when I dumped the .bin file, and looking at it through your editor, I could see all my ten villagers - one of them, Cherry, come from another town.

When I injected the dream town in order to replace my current town, something happened... when the in-game clock corrected itself after entering ang leaving a building, that villager (Cherry) was gone, and now I have 9 villagers.

Since your editor allows to see all the past 16 villagers from a town (I even can see Cherry now at the top of the list), is there any way to recover her?

It's more a curiosity, really. If this can't be possible at all (and not even in future versions of your editor), I'll understand. Thanks in advance! :)

Why not just get any villager that's boxed up, in your campsite, or streetpass to move in and change the villager to cherry using the editor. Move her plot to where it was and it's like she left and came back lol

Edit: Based on my experience with hacking, she's gone because she moved out. Let's say you uploaded your dream address on Jan 12, 2014 and you dumped and injected the save file today. You than enter and leave a building and it's like 2 years has passed(that's why the in game clock corrects itself) and cherry already moved out within the "2 years"(it's like you stopped playing your game for 2 years and you decide to play again and someone moved out). That's why she's in your void or past villagers. Hope that makes sense lol. If you don't want to do the thing I suggested above you can just set the in game clock to the day you uploaded your dream address(if you remember) and the in game clock wouldn't correct itself.

Last edited by deejayb,
Reactions: KaleoOmega

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why not just get any villager that's boxed up, in your campsite, or streetpass to move in and change the villager to cherry using the editor. Move her plot to where it was and it's like she left and came back lol

Edit: Based on my experience with hacking, she's gone because she moved out. Let's say you uploaded your dream address on Jan 12, 2014 and you dumped and injected the save file today. You than enter and leave a building and it's like 2 years has passed(that's why the in game clock corrects itself) and cherry already moved out within the "2 years"(it's like you stopped playing your game for 2 years and you decide to play again and someone moved out). That's why she's in your void or past villagers. Hope that makes sense lol. If you don't want to do the thing I suggested above you can just set the in game clock to the day you uploaded your dream address(if you remember) and the in game clock wouldn't correct itself.

Thanks for your explanation, deejayb. :)
I don't remember the exactly day when I uploaded the dream town, but considering the day when I started playing (that can be seen at the player card), plus how many days played (seen at the "buildings" tab on the editor) from the dream town dump, I made the calculations, then changed the system date for the (supposedly) right date - around October 31th 2015, but didn't worked.

Oh well, time to let her go, lol. :lol:

mental_lentil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if you can user spider exploits in emunand.
However, since you are on emunand, it means you have 9.2 sysnand, which is exploitable. Just use a retail cart or a legit CIA and dump the dream town from there.
Then inject it to a native savegame (add 0x80 blank bytes at top and truncate it to 522752 bytes in order to create a valid garden.dat file) in order to keep the house furniture (using RAM hacking will not inject them). Keep in mind that you won't be able to restore stored patterns, stored letters, streetpass data, best friend data...

Sorry for what may well be a noob question, but how do I go about truncating the file after adding the blank bytes?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5