Brion

Cheating for yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Only for RAM :

65274 to 652B9 -> Items 3rd floor Nookling Stores
5C868 to 5C879 -> Able Sisters Items (left)
60C34 to 60C4D -> Able Sisters Items (right)
60DAA to 60DBF -> Kick shop Items
6524A to 65267 -> Nook's Homes items

Reactions: marc_max

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Only for RAM :

65274 to 652B9 -> Items 3rd floor Nookling Stores
5C868 to 5C879 -> Able Sisters Items (left)
60C34 to 60C4D -> Able Sisters Items (right)
60DAA to 60DBF -> Kick shop Items
6524A to 65267 -> Nook's Homes items
That was already added, but thank you :-) I also added Nook's exteriors, Redd's, museum and island shops.

WolfHeroEX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An odd thing started happening once I edited my island acres to the largest version for all four, every now and then the upper ground (the grass texture) will flash a solid black for a frame or two.

Anyone know what this is about? I'd like to continue to hunt for beetles each night, but it's making me weary. No flowers or bushes or anything are on the raised land, the buildings aren't moved, the trees are on the beach and neatly placed.

Also, I've noticed that the acre editor could be improved. There are river tiles that at first I thought were duplicated, but it turns out that one sets water flow is just reversed.

Adding a few arrows to point out the direction of the water flow for each acre tile would go a long way.

... Finally, is it not possible to show buildings on the village map editor?

Last edited by WolfHeroEX,

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Only for RAM
FYI,works with native savegames too.
And room editing will be only available for those, sorry RAM users.

An odd thing started happening once I edited my island acres to the largest version for all four, every now and then the upper ground (the grass texture) will flash a solid black for a frame or two.

Anyone know what this is about? I'd like to continue to hunt for beetles each night, but it's making me weary. No flowers or bushes or anything are on the raised land, the buildings aren't moved, the trees are on the beach and neatly placed.

Also, I've noticed that the acre editor could be improved. There are river tiles that at first I thought were duplicated, but it turns out that one sets water flow is just reversed.

Adding a few arrows to point out the direction of the water flow for each acre tile would go a long way.

... Finally, is it not possible to show buildings on the village map editor?
The game is probably not prepared for that acre combination. Are you RAM or savegame editing? Anyway, you can always revert to a previous island.

River direction is definetely possible, but I have no time to test all acres. Is there any list out there?

Buildings will be shown in the editor in the next version :-)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you also add K.K item in the club lol ?
In the old RAM, it was 6530E to 6531A

But you have the approximate offset
That was added too :-) And you can even put items that are not gyroids!

Reactions: Sinistrum

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
You all are spoiling my surprises lol
I didn't even know you could edit the gyroids...

giphy.gif

NikkiKaji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I got a camper to move in (Villager 8, Shari), but on her move-in date, her house isn't in my town. Her name isn't even in the list of villagers! When I go into the editor, however, she's still there along with the original location of her house. I did do I bit of town editing between when she said she would move in and her move in date, but it was nothing major. Is there something I possibly did to cause this to happen? Should I try to get her moved out immediately?

EDIT: Also, on the day she moved in, Isabelle even notified me...

HNI_0083.JPG
Untitled.png

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
So, I got a camper to move in (Villager 8, Shari), but on her move-in date, her house isn't in my town. Her name isn't even in the list of villagers! When I go into the editor, however, she's still there along with the original location of her house. I did do I bit of town editing between when she said she would move in and her move in date, but it was nothing major. Is there something I possibly did to cause this to happen? Should I try to get her moved out immediately?

EDIT: Also, on the day she moved in, Isabelle even notified me...

View attachment 50896 View attachment 50897

We dk why this happens.

You need to build a PWP through isabelle and then cancel the llyoid gyroid the same day, FF a day and the house should appear.

WolfHeroEX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is probably not prepared for that acre combination. Are you RAM or savegame editing? Anyway, you can always revert to a previous island.

Save editing. I'm using a Luna3DS Emunand on the latest version so RAM editing is bleh.

I opened up the unedited town save and noted the island acres. Then I changed the current save's island acres to those acres and adjusted the trees/removed the shells. It works just fine now, thanks for that!~

River direction is definetely possible, but I have no time to test all acres. Is there any list out there?

No idea. I believe the first set is from right to left, and the second copied set is the correct left to right.

Is there actually a town formation where the cliff/waterfall is on the right? I haven't been to many other towns.

Having a reversed water flow acre doesn't seem to do any damage to the save, it just looks awkward at the acre seams.

Buildings will be shown in the editor in the next version :-)

If you weren't already planning to do it, having highlighted squares around the 1x1 building square to show where you can't place would be amazing.

I've been pretty reluctant to make more major placement changes because of the invisible buildings, so I'm pretty excited for this update. :3

... Also, is it possible to unlock/obtain the Japanese DLC items, like the 7-Eleven set?

Also, can a dresser/train locker or another form of storage be placed just outside or inside of the nook shop? It'd be fantastic for selling (turnips especially), since Re-Tail doesn't give full-price.

It's also quite the hike from the island dock to Nook's shop, but I don't want to make traveling around the game TOO streamlined.

Last edited by WolfHeroEX,

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
Also, can a dresser/train locker or another form of storage be placed just outside or inside of the nook shop? It'd be fantastic for selling (turnips especially), since Re-Tail doesn't give full-price.

It's also quite the hike from the island dock to Nook's shop, but I don't want to make traveling around the game TOO streamlined.

Why would you ever want to sell anything to the nookling siblings when they always charge you less than 20% less than Retail? lol...

I assume that would require rom hacking, since there aren't any actual items outside of timmy and tommy's shop (and nooks shop).

Last edited by Jarrad,

WolfHeroEX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you ever want to sell anything to the nookling siblings when they always charge you less than 20% less than Retail? lol...

I assume that would require rom hacking, since there aren't any actual items outside of timmy and tommy's shop (and nooks shop).

Welp. I had the sell values switched around, it seems. XD

Thanks!

Bluebell

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This editor is really nice
But can I change my house with it, for example the door?
And what about with more than 30 pwps?
Thanks ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think