Hacking Animal Crossing and Devil Survivor don't work on my R4i Gold Pro

Aekx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a white screen on Animal Crossing, and Devil Survivor black screens after "licensed by nintendo" appears. There isn't any AP on those games as far as I can tell, and I tried roms from several different sources so the problem shouldn't be the rom. Do these games just not work?

Aekx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. i have the latest kernal available from my manufacturer
2. I tried safe mode and turned off cheat modes on my card
3. i tried multiple roms from various sources, including searches for clean roms
4. YSmenu is not supported on my card as far as i can tell, especially since gold pro cards use their own firmware
5. there are no patches for AC:WW or SMT: DS that would help me
6. I formatted my card twice, and do not have this error with any other game. the fact that I get the same problem across all the versions of the roms tells me that my card or firmware itself is at fault, not my sd card.
7. I am in no situation to test the rom on another flashcard at the moment, short of buying a new one

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best thing you can do is grab a DSTwo and smash your R4 with the Wrinkle F**ker, you won't have issues with games after that

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Which exact flash cart?

What are the hashes after you put them on the MicroSD? We've seen lots of cases of shitty MicroSD readers corrupting some games during transfer, so you may download a clean ROM that corrupts on the way to the MicroSD.

Tries various YSmenu configs, like dual-booting and stuff?

Aekx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4i Gold Pro "2013"
I've been using the same MicroSD reader for years, and have never once had a problem with corrupting roms.
I'm fairly certain YSmenu doesn't work on R4i Gold Pro but I'll try it again

@Deltaechoe Wanted a cheap card to amass all my DS games with, you pay for what you get I guess

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
What site and all that jazz?

Which MicroSD reader? The one that came with my Acekard 2i died after a few months, while the replacement commercial one I got's been fairing fine for over two years (bought April 2010).

YSmenu might not boot immediately on all carts, but can sometimes be run after boot like other homebrew and used to launch stuff.

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you considered ripping your 'legitimate copy' before accessing 'various other resources'? Personally, that grants me a perfect rip 100% of the time.

Aekx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested both roms on a friend's R4i Gold (not pro)
They work, so it's the card's problem.

Again, if anyone managed to get either game working on an R4i Gold Pro I would appreciate advice

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If the cart's hacked copy of Wood (it's not Wood 1.51, it's an older copy with the version string changed and different loaders put in) doesn't play it, then you'll want to find some way of using YSmenu with RGF's updates. It's the only third-party multi-cart system that's still open and getting updates (Wood went closed-source many versions ago).

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
If the cart's hacked copy of Wood (it's not Wood 1.51, it's an older copy with the version string changed and different loaders put in) doesn't play it, then you'll want to find some way of using YSmenu with RGF's updates. It's the only third-party multi-cart system that's still open and getting updates (Wood went closed-source many versions ago).

it is indeed because of it being a Fake Wood Clone
using RGF's Kernel will fix the issue
case closed

Reactions: Chetti

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: the 2nd pic dun show much, just topdown view of the layout