Android Android root files?

RedBlueGreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While scanning my phone's file system I can see the root directory. I see a lot of files there and some have some files starting with "init" have weird names. Any developers or Android experts know what init.zygote32.rc is and if it's legit?

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While scanning my phone's file system I can see the root directory. I see a lot of files there and some have some files starting with "init" have weird names. Any developers or Android experts know what init.zygote32.rc is and if it's legit?
do not delete anything from root. you have a very high chance of screwing up your phone if you do. root is the android equivalent of system32 for windows. so delete 1 thing, and youll most likely screw up your phone.

RedBlueGreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
do not delete anything from root. you have a very high chance of screwing up your phone if you do. root is the android equivalent of system32 for windows. so delete 1 thing, and youll most likely screw up your phone.
Not planning to delete anything, just making sure it's not a known malicious file or something. AVG Mobile seems to think it's safe.

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
First, don't worry. Every phone has that. Second, as long as you haven't rooted your phone, nothing can overwrite systems files.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

S60710-010148.jpg

Every Android has it.

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First, don't worry. Every phone has that. Second, as long as you haven't rooted your phone, nothing can overwrite systems files.
Okay thanks. Been getting those annoying pop ups from ad supported sites claiming that the device has a virus. I know this doesn't mean the phone has a virus (and will probably try to give you one) but the new version of Chrome for Android doesn't see every tab as a separate making it harder to close. So closing the browser keeps those pages open in a tab. Never clicked them or anything, just hoping they can't do anything by being open in the background.

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Okay thanks. Been getting those annoying pop ups from ad supported sites claiming that the device has a virus. I know this doesn't mean the phone has a virus (and will probably try to give you one) but the new version of Chrome for Android doesn't see every tab as a separate making it harder to close. So closing the browser keeps those pages open in a tab. Never clicked them or anything, just hoping they can't do anything by being open in the background.
Well that depends on your definition of virus.
You could always try other browsers like Firefox for Android (which i personally recommend) :P

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool I'll try it out. Is it as fast as Chrome? Haven't used the mobile Firefox in a few years.
Hello;
Yes init.zygote32.rc its a common android file.
Second, don't touch root file system, are you rooted?
Fastest browser i tried its Dolphin, it lightweight, there's also puffin, who supports flash players and click functions, a little more memory heavy but a good browser.
As antivirus, i never used one, however, you can try Adguard to block 99.90% of Ads.
Pop ups telling you that your phone has a virus, are called "ads", use adblock, adguard, or any adblocker can work, there's also adblock browser. https://adblockbrowser.org/

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello;
Yes init.zygote32.rc its a common android file.
Second, don't touch root file system, are you rooted?
Fastest browser i tried its Dolphin, it lightweight, there's also puffin, who supports flash players and click functions, a little more memory heavy but a good browser.
As antivirus, i never used one, however, you can try Adguard to block 99.90% of Ads.
Pop ups telling you that your phone has a virus, are called "ads", use adblock, adguard, or any adblocker can work, there's also adblock browser. https://adblockbrowser.org/
Not rooted so I can't even touch the file system iirc. I get that the pop ups are ads, I actually just downloaded the Android version of Firefox and added adblock. Those ads can't do anything in the background right? As long as you don't click the links or buttons they claim "fix" your phone it should be fine right? Used to use the Adblock app but it has trouble working now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up