Status
Not open for further replies.

chiseen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geez, why dont we just wait and see if the so-called "bricker" comes out in September. Until then it is just speculation on all sides.

AgentsAreGo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This darn thread got me all paranoid so much that I just opened up my R4 to look inside. Under the sticker I felt a circular dip in the center, which was, as I thought, part of the plastic case and not any kind of chip. Other than that it was smooth all across the sticker side.

Also, the chip on the inside was numbered #0810, so I think I can rest easy and await the new firmware.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Toni Plutonij said:
I'm so interested in what will happen..
Also, I'm using M3 Simply (actually my girlfriend uses it), so I'm really curious will they update Simply too..

I guess they should do, since they are using the same decrypting changes ..

jellyblobs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha i also got paranoid and opened my R4. Just glad that i have a Real R4 and not a "Clone", so whenever this new updates comes around, i know that it wont get brick

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jellyblobs said:
Haha i also got paranoid and opened my R4. Just glad that i have a Real R4 and not a "Clone", so whenever this new updates comes around, i know that it wont get brick

You BOUGHT a R4 at this point? How sad.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hunt3rshadow said:
I noticed that it says FAKE r4's. what about clones, like the N5?

Well, if you don't put in the R4 updates onto the N5 (Since it get's its own support, for some unknown reason), it should be fine.

Not that I'm saying that the N5 is worth buying.

hunt3rshadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes I realized that. But I got N5 as a spur of the moment thing and I regret it. All wells. Thanx for answering my question. I was wondering why N5 had firmware V1.20

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look what an unnamed customer of RyoSaeba's left in my PM box.

I understand you are very involve in the DS community and a very reputable user on this forum. In addition, you are the topic starter for the "GBAtemp's Unofficial List of Flashcart dealers to never buy from" thread. I hope you can take appropriate actions to this scammer site. This company's action is no different than emvee.ca! Buying out all our stock from DX and jack them up sky high!

I bought mine off deveno.com awhile ago. I just realized that I got ripped off by them! My Dealextreme/Volumerate package just arrived today and I then realized that it looks EXACT same as the ones i got from Deveno. How I know? Because the return address is the SAME! Both companies ship from HongKong and have the SAME return address, very suspious.

After some research, I then find out they just basically drop-ship every product from Dealextreme/Volumerate. They only sell mod-chips that Dealextreme/Volumerate has, even for their accessories, then jack up the price multiple times for profit! Not to mention volumerate sells R4 for $16.99 and Deveno sells them for $23.99 + $7.99 shipping.

The most disappointing thing is not only I paid premium for it BUT that volumerate (that goes for Deveno as well) stated that the R4DS they are selling now are FAKE! God dammit. Now my DS is going to BRICK after the September update!

"We did a market research, which there are still many sites selling the R4 saying that is a Real one, but according to our knowledge, the R4 they are selling still might be a clone, (though factory said this is a high level clone which is the exact with R4 original) That's why we are uploading this product without saying this is the original.

So we will not responsible if this product is a clone."

I'VE CONTACTED DEVENO AND HAVENT GOT ANY RESPONSE TO THIS.

My package from Deveno as proof;

nlpn51.jpg

xfdzdc.jpg

Now, I see that the owner of Deveno is advertise on this forum and also trying to lead innocent customers into believing the "fake" R4DS he is selling as "Real" R4DS by providing images that he made by himself, very unprofessionally.

Post here; (Post #368) - Username: RyoSaeba

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=93537&st=360&p=1316450&#entry1316450 ://http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showto...;#entry1316450 ://http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showto...;#entry1316450

How we know its him? - Source from other forum;

http://gamezone.sayswap.com/ryosaeba

Please take a look through it and make appropriate actions for this scammer! We do not want this user trying to confuse other users into believing his "FAKE" R4DS as "REAL", and making up the story that the actual "REAL" R4DS is "FAKE" indeed. In addition, I believe its definitely not right to advertise on forum using these "cheap" method!

Sadly, now I have to wait for his reply for explainations or refund

Much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Your store is now on the GBAtemp blacklist, and a ban will likely follow.

Enjoy.

ninja_07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Urza, pass on our thanks to this unnamed customer if you could please.
Always knew something was fishy with Ryo..

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I opened my R4 and found out its weird. I mean, it has both of what the fake and real R4 has in the pictures in the starting post. I wonder if mine was the last batch of the springless R4 Ver 2 or 3, the chip number says 0818. According to the pictures last production was 0817, so its gonna be close. Anyone else with a 0818?

I am also suspicious of my R4, I so far have had 100% compatibility, whilst I noticed some others have some games failing to load or play properly. A good odd thing? Time will tell on Sept 15, supposing this new update is for real.

RyoSaeba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Look what an unnamed customer of RyoSaeba's left in my PM box.

I understand you are very involve in the DS community and a very reputable user on this forum. In addition, you are the topic starter for the "GBAtemp's Unofficial List of Flashcart dealers to never buy from" thread. I hope you can take appropriate actions to this scammer site. This company's action is no different than emvee.ca! Buying out all our stock from DX and jack them up sky high!

I bought mine off deveno.com awhile ago. I just realized that I got ripped off by them! My Dealextreme/Volumerate package just arrived today and I then realized that it looks EXACT same as the ones i got from Deveno. How I know? Because the return address is the SAME! Both companies ship from HongKong and have the SAME return address, very suspious.

After some research, I then find out they just basically drop-ship every product from Dealextreme/Volumerate. They only sell mod-chips that Dealextreme/Volumerate has, even for their accessories, then jack up the price multiple times for profit! Not to mention volumerate sells R4 for $16.99 and Deveno sells them for $23.99 + $7.99 shipping.

The most disappointing thing is not only I paid premium for it BUT that volumerate (that goes for Deveno as well) stated that the R4DS they are selling now are FAKE! God dammit. Now my DS is going to BRICK after the September update!

"We did a market research, which there are still many sites selling the R4 saying that is a Real one, but according to our knowledge, the R4 they are selling still might be a clone, (though factory said this is a high level clone which is the exact with R4 original) That's why we are uploading this product without saying this is the original.

So we will not responsible if this product is a clone."

I'VE CONTACTED DEVENO AND HAVENT GOT ANY RESPONSE TO THIS.

My package from Deveno as proof;

nlpn51.jpg

xfdzdc.jpg

Now, I see that the owner of Deveno is advertise on this forum and also trying to lead innocent customers into believing the "fake" R4DS he is selling as "Real" R4DS by providing images that he made by himself, very unprofessionally.

Post here; (Post #368) - Username: RyoSaeba

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=93537&st=360&p=1316450&#entry1316450 ://http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showto...;#entry1316450 ://http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showto...;#entry1316450 ://http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showto...;#entry1316450

How we know its him? - Source from other forum;

http://gamezone.sayswap.com/ryosaeba

Please take a look through it and make appropriate actions for this scammer! We do not want this user trying to confuse other users into believing his "FAKE" R4DS as "REAL", and making up the story that the actual "REAL" R4DS is "FAKE" indeed. In addition, I believe its definitely not right to advertise on forum using these "cheap" method!

Sadly, now I have to wait for his reply for explainations or refund

Much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Your store is now on the GBAtemp blacklist, and a ban will likely follow.

Enjoy.

I never sent you this. And that does not look like the label that Deveno ships with. Hopefully, you did not confuse another seller. That would be bad and would just confuse a lot of people.

chiseen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh! So that explains everything. You spent all this effort to convince us that supposedly "fake" R4s are actually genuine, and you argue the bricking firmware will never come out just to sell some R4s off Dealextreme?

Low.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RyoSaeba said:
I never sent you this. And that does not look like the label that Deveno ships with. Hopefully, you did not confuse another seller. That would be bad and would just confuse a lot of people.
Here's you advertising your site:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/635116#4191093

And here's you making the same argument you're trying to make here under the name "Deveno":
http://forums.maxconsole.net/showpost.php?...mp;postcount=57

You're blacklisted you piece of shit. Stop wasting my time.

RyoSaeba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chiseen said:
Ahhh! So that explains everything. You spent all this effort to convince us that supposedly "fake" R4s are actually genuine, and you argue the bricking firmware will never come out just to sell some R4s off Dealextreme?

Low.

Not true at all. Please get the facts strait. The package is not the same as the one from Deveno.the return address should havrying toe the name Jason on it and will not have any type of logo on any label. Perhaps it is best that you contact them directly at: [email protected].

Besides, all the talk about the firmware is just that, about the firmware, the R4 Team, and AhTin's post. It has nothing to do with sales or anything. It is of their opinion and mine.

For what it's worth, wasn't Dealextreme a reliable source posted at the R4DS-Forums anyway? Whoever posted that picture is trying to discredit 2 companies at the same time? What are they trying to do? Maybe he just got upset about other people's opinion and this is the only way to get back at them instead of using facts and logic.

chiseen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The package has a label which is identical to the drop-shipping service that DealExtreme offers. Anyone can do drop-shipping at DX and does not make you any less suspicious. Also, you were the one to post a rebuttal with pictures claiming the "fakes" are actually real. So covienient that the pictures were watermarked with the store that you operate?

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RyoSaeba said:
Not true at all. Please get the facts strait. The package is not the same as the one from Deveno.the return address should havrying toe the name Jason on it and will not have any type of logo on any label. Perhaps it is best that you contact them directly at: [email protected].
Why would we send you an email to hear you repeat the same dribble you're spouting off here?

QUOTEFor what it's worth, wasn't Dealextreme a reliable source posted at the R4DS-Forums anyway? Whoever posted that picture is trying to discredit 2 companies at the same time? What are they trying to do? Maybe he just got upset about other people's opinion and this is the only way to get back at them instead of using facts and logic.
Nobody is trying to discredit DealExtreme. They offer a drop shipping service, and that's fine. You're the one who's taking advantage of it by trying to sucker people into paying a premium at your site.

Also, your account has been suspended so this argument is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7