#AnyaBasic
Trophies
Website
rel.phatcode.net
XP
Country
chartube12 said:
Snailface said:
Don't know if this was mentioned but hold L+R then Y to switch Player 1/2.(switch controller)

This can be used to call up save screen in Zelda and Metroid.(thx gaf)

Zelda: Status Screen->2nd Contoller, Up+A->1st Controller,Select Save

Wrong about Metroid. The game is the NES version not the disk version. So it lacks saving and has the retrodarded password system.

At least you can enter the special passwords like JUSTIN BAILEY or NARPASSWORD.

It's been more than 10 years since I last played Zelda I and II so I'm looking forward to playing those again.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Any luck on the UK store yet or should I just leave it to charge until whenever I drag myself out of the trench I end up in every night? Bloody memory foam mattress. You end up in a chasm with foam on both sides. Need a grappling hook to get out of bed in the mornings...

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Couldn't find any screenshots here, so I looked at youtube.

2:22 Shows how the game SMB looks like (on top screen, bottom screen looks weirdly nonproporsional ).
Before (from start) is a video guide on how to get them when you're not in a lazy country (like anywhere in Europe it seems, where they don't realise it has been 1 sep for 3 hours now -_-' ).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR35uXy7dMM[/youtube]

Also shows resume option at 3:34.

famkehoopers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blaze163 said:
Any luck on the UK store yet or should I just leave it to charge until whenever I drag myself out of the trench I end up in every night? Bloody memory foam mattress. You end up in a chasm with foam on both sides. Need a grappling hook to get out of bed in the mornings...
LOL I know exactly what you mean!

OT:
In the Netherlands (now 03:10, Sept 1 here) I cannot yet download them.Going to sleep now, looking forward to the games.

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great, the NES games are out and I just received the news that my 3DS, which is in the Nintendo licensed assistence labs, will have to be shipped to the US for the warrant to have effect.

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Finally available in the Netherlands too. If we have it, I'm sure other countries will have it too for quite some time now.

Downloading now, which gladly is done to SD.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
regnad said:
I keep forgetting how awful Zelda II is. Today I was reminded.

Zelda 2 isn't that bad. It might be the black sheep of the series, but it's still a very solid game.

Anyways, I just got the games. I already beat The Legend of Zelda, and Zelda 2 was next on my list, then my list will be complete of Zelda games I have beaten (aside from the CD-i games, they don't count).

I'm really happy with the games they gave out, I'm going to be spending ample amounts of time on them
smile.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:

all the nes games are on the store right now in the uk, i just woke up and checked my 3ds and went to the eshop, and went to "titles you've downloaded" and they were all there.

also i don't know why in the guide here on gba temp it told you to go to "account activity" because you can't download anything there apart from view the info about the game, you have to go to "titles you've download" to get anything.

also a quicker way to get the game is to press the menu button on the top left hand corner and go right to the bottom and select "settings/other" you can download the games from there.

can anyone tell me what the certificate video does?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
well the only thing the video does is allow you to turn on notifications for any future vc games, oh and what i found strange is when i woke up this morning and checked my 3ds, there was no green light, so i am glad i checked the eshop anyway, i am guessing that the notifications within the video will allow you to get the green light in the future for any vc updates.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
jalaneme said:
well the only thing the video does is allow you to turn on notifications for any future vc games, oh and what i found strange is when i woke up this morning and checked my 3ds, there was no green light, so i am glad i checked the eshop anyway, i am guessing that the notifications within the video will allow you to get the green light in the future for any vc updates.
Green light is StreetPass.
Blue light is SpotPass.

Anyway, downloaded the games this morning.
A bit tedious having to navigate to that same menu repeatedly to download each one, though...

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What a load of hassle to downalod them all. The eShop need a batch download method so you can select them all then download in one go. As for the games, not what I bought a 3DS for but free is free.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
jalaneme said:
also i don't know why in the guide here on gba temp it told you to go to "account activity" because you can't download anything there apart from view the info about the game, you have to go to "titles you've download" to get anything.

from the very first post of this thread:

QUOTEGrabbing the games is rather easy: Log into your eShop account. Click on Menu, then Settings / Other, followed by Your Downloads. The NES titles, if available, will appear there as software you can "redownload".

where do you see that you have to goto "account activity"?

-another world

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
regnad said:
You are wrong. I've been playing Zelda II since downloading it. It has brought back many memories for me. I put many hours into this game as a kid, and it still holds up as a solid game. It may be poorly translated in places, but that only adds to it's charm in my opinion. I'm already up to the town where you get the upward thrust attack, and as soon as I get time to play I'll be going after the boots so I can walk on water.
tongue.gif
The game is classic, and one of the best ones included. I am positive I've put more total hours into playing and re-playing Zelda II over the years than any of the newer ones (except maybe a link to the past) I'm pretty happy with their choices overall. Although I've played most of them it's been years for some and it's nice to revisit classic games every once in a while.

However I don't think this makes up for the inflated price I paid for the system. I also was under the impression that we would be able to fill out post play surveys on the club nintendo thing, but I can't find anywhere to do that. (Yes my 3DS is linked). One NES game I wish was included though is Star Tropics... but I digress. My point is that Zelda II is a great title, and for me it's up there as one of the best Zelda's ever.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
gumgod said:
regnad said:
You are wrong. I've been playing Zelda II since downloading it. It has brought back many memories for me. I put many hours into this game as a kid, and it still holds up as a solid game. It may be poorly translated in places, but that only adds to it's charm in my opinion. I'm already up to the town where you get the upward thrust attack, and as soon as I get time to play I'll be going after the boots so I can walk on water.
tongue.gif
The game is classic, and one of the best ones included. I am positive I've put more total hours into playing and re-playing Zelda II over the years than any of the newer ones (except maybe a link to the past) I'm pretty happy with their choices overall. Although I've played most of them it's been years for some and it's nice to revisit classic games every once in a while.

However I don't think this makes up for the inflated price I paid for the system. I also was under the impression that we would be able to fill out post play surveys on the club nintendo thing, but I can't find anywhere to do that. (Yes my 3DS is linked). One NES game I wish was included though is Star Tropics... but I digress. My point is that Zelda II is a great title, and for me it's up there as one of the best Zelda's ever.
I think post play surveys appear 7 days after downloading the games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Metal tapes even