Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Because the WoodR4 source code was updated about 2 hours before I was able to update WoodR4 for M3 as well. So here we go:

WoodR4 for M3 1.23 released:

http://filetrip.net/f23763-Wood-R4-for-M3-1-23.html

Changelog:
core:
- sav-files timestamp updated on game launch.
- fatfs updated to 0.08b.

compatibility:
- 'mysims - skyheroes (usa)' fixed.
- 'eigo de tabisutu - little charo (japan)' fixed.
- 'zombie daisuki (japan)' fixed.
- 'kaiju busters powered (japan)' fixed.
- freezing on entering into underground in 'pokemon diamond/pearl/platinum' and freezing on entering into gts terminal in 'pokemon heartgold/soulsilver' on some microsds fixed.
- 'blue dragon - awakened shadow (europe)' fixed.

rpg&r4i specific:
- microsd reading speed increased. noticeable improvement can be seen at least on sandisk microsdhc cards.

Please report any issue because I don't use WoodR4 for M3 any more and I have only done a quick testing on it.
smile.gif

Enjoy!
yaynds.gif

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am highly impressed by the fact that this was done quick enough that no one was able to ask for it before the source was up again
laugh.gif

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
NReale3370 said:
I am highly impressed by the fact that this was done quick enough that no one was able to ask for it before the source was up again
laugh.gif

Hehe I have also thought about that.
biggrin.gif

But it can thanks to YWG. He has released the source code 2 days after the binaries.
smile.gif

And it was a very easy update almost I had to nothing to changed in my code.
smile.gif

QUOTE(zizer @ Jan 24 2011, 11:12 PM) Thanks , it is quick update

You are welcome.
smile.gif

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i cringe a little when i read about you guys advocating the defragmenting of flash memory based storage devices.

You simply don't pass that advise out, ever again. It's not an option, solves nothing, and only significantly decreases the lifetime of your SD card. You shouldn't even consider bringing this up anywhere. If you see someone advise this, you tell them it's good for nothing, and you are much better off not doing it at all.

If you have fragmented files for some reason it shouldn't mater shit, because it's flash memory. You don't want to unnescesarily erease / rewrite files for the heck of it, and defragmenting does just that.

every time you flash / rewrite the memory you wear out the insulating epoxide coating of the floating gate transistors, efecticley decreasing the insulation, and therefore charge retention. This will lead to
flakey cells / sectors much faster, rendering your flash memory useless sooner.

bluejays

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And thats why they are simply told to delete all the files on the sd card an re-place the files back and if that is really bad then I guess making room on a sd card for more files is bad too. Either way it needs to be done for what they are asking for.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
rave420 said:
i cringe a little when i read about you guys advocating the defragmenting of flash memory based storage devices.

You simply don't pass that advise out, ever again. It's not an option, solves nothing, and only significantly decreases the lifetime of your SD card. You shouldn't even consider bringing this up anywhere. If you see someone advise this, you tell them it's good for nothing, and you are much better off not doing it at all.

If you have fragmented files for some reason it shouldn't mater shit, because it's flash memory. You don't want to unnescesarily erease / rewrite files for the heck of it, and defragmenting does just that.

every time you flash / rewrite the memory you wear out the insulating epoxide coating of the floating gate transistors, efecticley decreasing the insulation, and therefore charge retention. This will lead to
are there any proof of that?
I mean, did any one did some tests on 2 different SD cards where:
one SD card defrag 100 or 1000 times
one SD card format or delete then copy back the files 100 or 1000 times
and see which one broke first??

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
rave420 said:

I have said everybody use at his own risk and I have don't advice this any more.

Anyway I have working on the fragmentation problem. I'm currently trying to make the loader to copy the nds/sav file to non fragmented clusters if it is detects the nds/sav file is fragmented. If I can get this working you won't have to copy the nds/sav file to your pc and back because the loader will automatically do that, except it is copy to a non fragmented cluster instead of your computer. In this way the nds/sav files won't be loaded directly first it would copy elsewhere if its fragmented. If I could get this working we should load fragmented nds/sav files, not directly but we shouldn't use our PC.

But I can not promise I can done this! It just seems to be a good idea. Maybe this isn't possible but if it is working it should be a good way to solve the fragmentation problem.
smile.gif

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
dsrules said:
rave420 said:

are there any proof of that?
I mean, did any one did some tests on 2 different SD cards where:
one SD card defrag 100 or 1000 times
one SD card format or delete then copy back the files 100 or 1000 times
and see which one broke first??

I'm a bit scepticism about that. I mean why should be there a lot of program which can fragment flash device?
For me a fragmentation seems the same thing just copy to your pc and then back. But of course maybe I'm not right. I don't use I'm right.
Anyway in the first post everyone attention is grabbed to not fragment them so it doesn't matter what I have think about it. So do not fragment you sd card. But if you want to do this done at your own risk!

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Would you mind if I replaced the slow old touchpod part of The Quad-Boot with this firmware?

No, I don't mind at all.
smile.gif

If you wish just use it in your nice Quad-Boot.
smile.gif

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Menudo and WoodR4 for M3.

I have done some research on it and looks like it is possible the make the WoodR4 for M3 loader to work with Menudo.

You have to download this:
http://www.menudo.yolasite.com/resources/m...wood-source.zip
I found this link in the MenuDO faq topic in gbatemp.

After you have downloaded and installed the MenuDO correctly and downloaded that package you have to copy the menudowood.nds and nds.ini into the _menudo/donors folder and from to the __rpg folder the woodload.ini to your __rpg folder in the sd card. If you wish to use that m3loader.nds just copy that file as well and that will work. But if you want to use my loader you have to edit the woodload.ini.

Code:
M3DS=/__rpg/m3loader.nds ---> M3DS=/__rpg/loader.nds

If this is done you have my loader implemented into menudo!
yaynds.gif

First post updated with this information!
smile.gif

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
amaro said:
old news!

And? I just updated my topic with that information if someone want to use then he doesn't need to go elsewhere because he can found the informations here. It could be useful for a lot of people, and as usual I just try to help the people. :/
Anyway if you don't care about my topic you just don't need to write in here, just ignore it.
glare.gif

But maybe some found that useful. If you don't care just don't came here...
glare.gif

Maybe you don't like me and my work but then just ignore me instead of ruining my topic...

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
amaro said:
hey! hey! do not be angry.
Of course I like your threat and I like to attend, stop being so rude!
blush.gif

and sorry if I offended ...

No problem dude! Maybe I just had a to bad day. xD

I'm sorry, too. I'm just a bit frustrated.
smile.gif
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof