Homebrew ...all this for nothing!? Aftermath of 3DS System Transfer. (DSiWare Downgrade)

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@KytuzuEX Did you go through this process?

There is no functional difference between doing this and transferring the SD card's data.
I know there's no functional difference between the two, which is why I was so confused that it would only work this way for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I know there's no functional difference between the two, which is why I was so confused that it would only work this way for me
I don't know what to tell you. You probably didn't wipe the target system's SD card before transferring the source's SD data, or maybe you just had bad luck.

Anyway, this is getting a bit off topic.

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't know what to tell you. You probably didn't wipe the target system's SD card before transferring the source's SD data, or maybe you just had bad luck.

Anyway, this is getting a bit off topic.
Hmmm weird. It doesn't matter anyway because I just used the source sd card and the downgrade worked perfectly :) but never know, the same problem could of happened to OP?

But yeah... Back to the topic at hand. Try what we suggested OP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KytuzuEX

Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
It didn't work, N3DS ignored my files over generating Home Menu data.
When I go to the 3DS Software Data in System Settings, it says that is corrupted for some reason.

I'm going to try again to put the data again to the SD card

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Guys, you DO know that the SD:\Nintendo 3DS\<ID1>\ folder is generated using the SD card CID, right?
And yet you can copy the Nintendo 3DS folder to a new SD card and it works fine. I don't see how the ID generation method is relevant here.

When I go to the 3DS Software Data in System Settings, it says that is corrupted for some reason.

Honestly, it sounds like the system transfer itself screwed up yet the NNID was disconnected from the source system.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States

Try copying the contents of the ID1 folder on the 2DS SD to the ID1 folder on the N3DS SD.

It's at SD:\Nintendo 3DS\<ID0>\<ID1>\.

Last edited by Maq47,
Reactions: KytuzuEX

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States

Edit: The ID1 folder is at SD:\Nintendo 3DS\<ID0>\<ID1>\, not SD:\Nintendo 3DS\<ID1>\ like my above post indicates. I edited the post to reflect this.

KytuzuEX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I'm on it.

but look this another thread that happened the same thing all the same like me! It had the error code I couldn't remember.

HERE

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Dude get another exploit possibility as well. I got an error message downgrading to 9.2 and Steelhax stopped working (could probably update the payload I don't know). I got Freakyforms Deluxe thankfully.

KytuzuEX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Try copying the contents of the ID1 folder on the 2DS SD to the ID1 folder on the N3DS SD.

It's at SD:\Nintendo 3DS\<ID0>\<ID1>\.
It didn't work :( it generated another Home Menu Data

Nintendo only will save me from this then.

Last edited by KytuzuEX,

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Helping someone else do DSiWare downgrade, they did system transfer and I foolishly told them to select wireless transfer (2DS to N3DS XL), took FOREVER (like 2-4 hours for 1 game, LoE, afaik) but they didn't have any issues so idk what happened in your case :(

KytuzuEX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Helping someone else do DSiWare downgrade, they did system transfer and I foolishly told them to select wireless transfer (2DS to N3DS XL), took FOREVER (like 2-4 hours for 1 game, LoE, afaik) but they didn't have any issues so idk what happened in your case :(
A error code after the transfer got done on my N3DS :(

Strange. :0

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bring a 6 month post back from the dead, but I can't seem to find a straight answer. Is there any reason to keep DSiWare Downgrading? If it's been fixed, which update did that? And more importantly, if you get the game from FreeShop, will it still work for that assuming you're on the correct firmware? Thanks in advance guys!

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bring a 6 month post back from the dead, but I can't seem to find a straight answer. Is there any reason to keep DSiWare Downgrading? If it's been fixed, which update did that? And more importantly, if you get the game from FreeShop, will it still work for that assuming you're on the correct firmware? Thanks in advance guys!

11.3 (latest version) fixed dsiware downgrading, and freeshop games don't work. You need to actually purchase the game, and download it, from the official eShop.

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
11.3 (latest version) fixed dsiware downgrading, and freeshop games don't work. You need to actually purchase the game, and download it, from the official eShop.
Ah, I see. Oh well. It was just curiosity as I saw Zelda Four Swords in the FreeShop and it made me curious. Thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-