Hacking All options for vita hack

ValconExe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm going to start this off by saying: Yes, I know that HENKaku is the newest/best choice, in most peoples opinions.

Anyway, I just got my PS Vita that I ordered on Amazon, its on 1.8. I want to know all of the hack options that are available (I've heard about Blackfin and VHBL, are there more?), so yeah, what are all the available hack options that exist?

Last edited by ValconExe,

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vhbl works on 3.60 but only truly good for Mario 64 really ... never herd of blackfin?
all the same these will be OLDER hacks... so the question really might be do you want ... older hacks or the Newest hacks...? ( improved ) which are coming out ....

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
TN and ARK are for playing PSP games. It requires the use of an exploit game that you will need to purchase. You'll probably need a ps3 as well to transfer the exploit files around (sorry I've never done this myself so unclear)
Rejuvenate was another option for kernel level exploit but again has a lot of requirements before you'll get it running.

HENkaku is already the best and will get better with the upcoming release of adrenaline (also I'm excited about the major update yifan has been hunting about)

I suggest not thinking too hard, get to 3.60 and install HENkaku. And wait for adrenaline that will make all other hacks in the past obsolete.

D

Deleted User

TN and ARK are for playing PSP games. It requires the use of an exploit game that you will need to purchase.
Close, but not quite. You can use any PSP game (including demos) as a basegame for a TN-V/ARK installation if you are on 3.00-3.52 (via email exploit), or on 3.60 (via VitaShell). Same for VHBL as well.

You can use one of these PSP demos from the PS Store (you will need to download from the PS3 PS Store if you're not on 3.60!) depending on your region:
  • Ape Quest Starter Pack (EUR)
  • Loco Roco Midnight Carnival (USA)
For 3.55 and 3.57, however, you would be correct in needing an exploit game:-
  • Mimina Lyar Chronicles (3.55; USA)
  • Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops+ (3.57; EUR) (VHBL only, as TN-V and ARK were patched from this firmware onwards)

Last edited by , , Reason: Whoops; MGS exploit was never for USA/JPN!
Reactions: satan89

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Close, but not quite. You can use any PSP game (including demos) as a basegame for a TN-V/ARK installation if you are on 3.00-3.52 (via email exploit), or on 3.60 (via VitaShell). Same for VHBL as well.

You can use one of these PSP demos from the PS Store (you will need to download from the PS3 PS Store if you're not on 3.60!) depending on your region:
  • Ape Quest Starter Pack (EUR)
  • Loco Roco Midnight Carnival (USA)
For 3.55 and 3.57, however, you would be correct in needing an exploit game:-
  • Mimina Lyar Chronicles (3.55; USA)
  • Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops+ (3.57; EUR) (VHBL only, as TN-V and ARK were patched from this firmware onwards)

I see. Thanks. I've always been confused about how things were before HENkaku.

pisuke

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi to all i hope to be in the right thread.

i have vita with 3.6, installed henkaku, installed vita shell. installed ape quest demo (eur). i ve installed using a guid the FW360 VHBL ... but when i ve finished and see the vhbl bubble i receive the c1-2858-3 error.. how can i fix it?
thanks. i am getting mad

ValconExe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Each time you power off your Vita, you will need to go and reinstall HENkaku. This can be done by a) going to the HENkaku website or b) use the email exploit (offline installer)

pisuke

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
of course. i never power off vita but only soft press power button. henkaku is present.. also if i re install il vhbl doesent start...

ValconExe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I looked it up, and apparently this bug can be fixed by going into safe mode, and then rebuilding your database. You can do this by completely shutting down your device, then Holding the R, PS, and Power buttons, once your Vita is off. Go to the safe mode menu, and choose rebuild database. You might also want to back up your files, before you do this, just in case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, lol his videos are hilarious