AK2i Update for DSi 1.4

Blake1710

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the update doesn't update any files that are on the micro sd.

it updates the software inside the acekard that tells it how to boot etc.

so even if you use the same sd card, you'll need to upgrade the new acekard.

also, try using some punctuation, it makes it hard to read otherwise.

Raupi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
drakkofox.net
XP
Country
Brazil
INTERESTING FACT. USING DSTT.

allright, i write too much. i edited this post and cut it down in half.

basically, i was able to update acekard 2i with the new firmware using a dstt (non dsi).

this doesn't means much, but when i get my 10 acekard 2i batch i will try to brick one, and try to recover it using the same dstt. if it works, it will mean that it will not be necessary to buy a new acekard just to unbrick yours now. or if someone wants to try.. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE for bricking even more your acekard! please wait from a week to a month until i get the 10.

here is a video for the first 25 people that click in it. youtube limitation, sorry. purposedly left private because of the reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly bad video quality. i will update and un-private it when i get everything to test it.
it is veery long also, 5 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v=5Lq...3tZH7IsMtLT-g==

Really sorry for the really crappy video. cellphne cam. it is my first one, and i still doesn't know how to record decently. i will try to use my cybershot when i get the batch.

GGKID

Trophies
XP
Country
i tried everything that everyone was talking about but my acekard still doesnt work plz help me
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Raupi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
drakkofox.net
XP
Country
Brazil
GGKID said:
i tried everything that everyone was talking about but my acekard still doesnt work plz help me
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Hm... Your acekard is the "Acekard 2i" right?

Here are some steps to try:(DO NOT FOLLOW THE ORDER!) simply go to where [] the string indicates to.

A) If you bricked your Acekard 2i after trying to update it, go to [1], else continue to
B) If you are only updating your acekard 2i and it is not bricked, go to [4]

1)If your Dsi is already in version 1.4, go to [11], else continue to [2]
2)You will need another acekard 2i. after getting it, go to [3]
3)You will run the update [100] but in the new acekard. when it asks to pull out the card,
put the microsd in the bricked card and put the acekard back in. to my acekard unbrick, i needed at least
four tries.

4)If your Dsi is already in version 1.4, go to [10] else, go to [5]
5)You can try to use the firmware updater[100]

10)You will need another Dsi that is not in version 1.4 or a DSPHAT or a NDSL. after that, go to [5]
11)You will need another Dsi that is not in version 1.4 or a DSPHAT or a NDSL. after that, go to [2]

100)update for the firmware: ATTENTION! DO NOT STOP THE UPDATE! IT MAY TAKE SOMETIME!
DO NOT STOP(turn off or something, and look out for the batt) OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DS! http://www.mediafire.com/?1xquh1ymjjx
If it bricked even after finishing the update and instructions, go to [11]

by the way, in accordance to my last post here...

i am mostly sure you can use another cart to update/unbrick the acekard 2i. but people, i do not recomend doing this until i test it, because i will get 10 acekard for testing/selling purposes.

AND REMEMBER,
it is recomended to use update[ndsi] in a ndsi and update[ndsl] in a dsphat or dslite.

defrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are the dsi's in the stores allready on 1.4e? Someone is telling me they do, but i need to make sure ^^

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
defrb said:
Are the dsi's in the stores allready on 1.4e? Someone is telling me they do, but i need to make sure ^^

Yeah, I came into the thread wondering the same - never been interested in a DSi, so I've not really kept up to date, but if a friend is giving someone a DSi and AceKard 2i for christmas (and they're never going to use the DSi on the internet) will they need to put the new 'Danny Phantom' update on it, or will it be OK just with the latest AKAIO?

defrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
defrb said:

I found out they do. So their might be some bricked dsi's in the socks
biggrin.gif
But it was easy to fix with a dslite on firmware 1.3.

thanks to this topic, cheers for that

Stefanetto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone !
I downloaded the ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds file and put it ito my Micro SD card.
And it was cheerfuly that I switched on my DSi (1.3E).
But then, surprise : No wall paper ? Ok never mind... I select the "Micro SD card" icon
And the screen freezes !
I restarted my DS to re-launch the acekard but i saw on the screen something like : System File Missing !!!
I checked my SD card on my compter and i saw all the folders having bizarre names, and with some hidden files...
When I tried to access to the folders a warning box prompted and I was told that : the folder isn't accessible anymore, please check the folder or re-insert the disc !
So it damaged my card =S
I tried to find a software which enlables to recover files. Most of them work only for Photo-file format or are in limited version !
What do you advise me to do ?
Please help !! =O

ectoplasmer3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
I'll start off by saying that the ak2i CAN be updated case in point this update, I found this while scanning some chinese forum. download

NOTE: the dsl one can be used to salvage any bricked ak2i's caused by this update but must be used on a dsl or ds phat, the chance of bricking should be very low but you'd best have a fully charged battery or be plugged into mains before updating just in case.

Enjoy!
Um.. I bricked my acekard I think let me tell you details...

MY DSi=DSi

Friend's DS=DS lite

Acekard=Acekard 2i

FW=1.4

I used the DSi update on a DS lite Now it says theres nothing there. So if I use DSL update on another flash card reinsert bricked acekard, update will update work? :?

vtxGump

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great update! It works!

I bought one of the blue DSi's with the Mario bundle and it was already at version 1.4U. I inserted a new AK2i with software version 4.18 and it just came up with an error. The AK2i wasn't bricked. It still worked in another DSi and DSL. I updated the AK2i in the DSL and everything booted fine on my new DSi at 1.4U.

I love this forum.

motograter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we got a DSi for my son for Christmas. It's 1.4U. I have an AceKard2i from his old DS. All I need to do is drop the DSi.nds file to the microSD and run it from his DS then it should work in his DSi, right?
I'm not too savy with the DS. My only real experience is with the Xbox 360 & Wii....

NinjaAssassin

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my DSI to 1.4 not knowing your not suppose to update it or it won't work. Currently i'm trying to update the Firmware for DSi but i don't have a spare DS. i have the Acekard2i Firmware update but it won't work it says "Chip ID:01c2 HW:0000 " (DSi)
" This Cartridge can't be updated" (i emulated it)

My DSi is at Version 1.4 wtf am i suppose to do? total BS

jyjrodriguez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm stumped.

I downloaded both file updates - dsi and dsl,

However when I try to download the update on dsl I get a WHITE screen and NOTHING comes up. I rebooted and can still access all games that are on the AK2i card on both dsl and older dsi but I CANNOT acces the update.

On the dsl I click BOTH the dsi AND dsl update: WHITE screen
I tried using my non-updated dsi: WHITE screen

I even tried downloading the file TWICE

Is the file bad? Don't get it.... WHAT am I doing wrong?

djdad

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So, after reading and reading i realized that i have to find a DSLite or a DSi 1.3 or lower to upgrade the AceKard 2i...right?

I believe that this is something that it should be written in big letters on the adds, because we are not all reading the "small" letters. It said 1.4 Dsi compartible...but it's actually NOT

Anyway i have a question for you..

What exactly is upgraded? The AceKard firmware? Some files? The card its self?
Why can this AceKard 2i be ready to load on a DSi 1.4? What i mean is that at least the new ones, the ones that we bought just a couple of weeks ago, do not include this updated firmware? And why does this update can not be done otherwise?

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
djdad said:
So, after reading and reading i realized that i have to find a DSLite or a DSi 1.3 or lower to upgrade the AceKard 2i...right?

I believe that this is something that it should be written in big letters on the adds, because we are not all reading the "small" letters. It said 1.4 Dsi compartible...but it's actually NOT

Anyway i have a question for you..

What exactly is upgraded? The AceKard firmware? Some files? The card its self?
Why can this AceKard 2i be ready to load on a DSi 1.4? What i mean is that at least the new ones, the ones that we bought just a couple of weeks ago, do not include this updated firmware? And why does this update can not be done otherwise?
It updates the Acekard 2i itself. Acekard 2i generally aren't sold with the 1.4 update because the update contains copyrighted code and the Acekard team could get into a lot of trouble for that.

Yes, you'll have to use one of the non-DSi DS or a DSi on pre-1.4X.

capple123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 6 AceKart2i I just bought. 5 are going into DSL No Problem correct! One is for a DSi.
1. After performing this patch to the AceKart2i that is destined to the DSi will that card no longer work in a DSL of DS phat?
2. If the DSi is not updated and only running FW1.3 will the patched Acekart2i work in the DSi remaining at 1.3 until a update is required. or is a FW1.4 required?
Edit
QUOTE said:
QUESTION 2 answered - I had found this video that shown me that the Updated Acecard2i loaded on a 1.3 DSi
You Tube Video Update AceKart2i
Nice thing is it show the difference between the two files that come with the patch

I ask these because I need to know if I should update these before I give it out to the DSi owner.

3. What is the sequence that creates a brick?
no updated Acekart2i in 1.4 DSi
4. Is the brick the DSi or the AceKart2i?

5. finally I have read no mention about the AKAIO.1.5 firmware. Where does that fall into all this.
Edit:Pages 1-10 lots of reading created questions. Started going backwards I think I got this one
Rockstar said:
yeah just use akaio 1.5 and the danny update nnd your good to go the update on acekard is outdated and cant play new games like zelda etc but akaio can so just forget about the update from acekard.com

Thanks for your help. I'm new to the DSL seen and have no knowledge of DSI.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo