AK2i Update for DSi 1.4

jwmghf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Atomic:

Yep, this is a 1st for me. Are there some pointers I should know about? I think all the hardware is going to arrive today!!!

Thanks

D

Deleted_171835

Using a flashcart isn't that hard. I'm assuming you're going to use it to download illegally obtained (who cares?!) roms. Be careful when downloading roms. Some sites host roms that can permanently brick your DS making hentai play everytime you turn it on. GBAtemp is a great place to ask questions when you have any problems with your flashcart.

It should be rather easy to operate and master a flashcart. My first flashcart was an Acekard 2i, too.

jwmghf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atomic Revolution said:
Using a flashcart isn't that hard. I'm assuming you're going to use it to download illegally obtained (who cares?!) roms.

Yep, But I can't get my AK2i card fuctioning in the DSi. I think I followed the instruction of the guide to the tee.... minus the 7-zip. I use winrar. Is that a prob??

qUaK3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, i have one question. I'm about to buy a DSi friday, and i figure that it will bring 1.4 firmware... I don´t know anyone with a dsi, so, if i buy a acekard 2i, will i be able to update it, or it will already bring the 1.4 fix? Or is it better to buy M3i zero? I just want my cart to play games, i don't care about media, or homebrews, so that's why i wanted acekard..

Thanks

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
to update AK2i you need a DS/DSL or a DSi with 1.3 firmware or below

for M3i0 you can just use the usb adapter included(correct me whatever you call the thing)

qUaK3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thank you, so i guess i'll just go with m31 zero then... it's a shame, i thougth that acekard 2i is better for newer games and so...

kleptodathief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this confirmed working with the new DSi XL that just came out?

anyone have it working with the acekard 2i please confirm by PMing me thanks, i don't want to brick this device

EcoSport

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kleptodathief, I found two forum references that say a Danny Phantom updated acekard 2i works with the DSI XL.
Here's one: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=194096&st=15

And another: As of March 5th, 2010, the orig. poster seems to have gotten their acekard 2i working on their DSI XL with firmware 1.5.1 by using this Danny Phantom update. http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=35564.0

qUaK3R, I bought my acekard 2i at http://www.realhotstuff.com/. I talked to them directly before I bought it, and they said that they have already updated all of the acekard 2i's that they sell so they work with the 1.4 firmware. I only have a DSLite, so I cannot confirm, but give them a call...they have very quick shipping, and are helpful. If they said they updated the cart, I bet they did...they also accept returns for 30 days. Best of all, they speak English (they are in New Jersey). I might be getting a DSi soon. If I do, I will write back if my acekard works or not. Oh yeah, and I run AKAIO, and it says I have HW 81, so I guess that means it's a real acekard 2i, not a fake.

jwmghf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kleptodathief said:

anyone have it working with the acekard 2i please confirm by PMing me thanks, i don't want to brick this device

I bought the Dsi XL a couple of days ago for my sons birthday. Put the AceKard 2i in it and its working perfectly. Go buy one and have some fun!!!

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
jwmghf said:
kleptodathief said:

I bought the Dsi XL a couple of days ago for my sons birthday. Put the AceKard 2i in it and its working perfectly. Go buy one and have some fun!!!

I also can confirm this as i have the acekard 2i working flawlessly on my DSi XL

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's working on my DSi XL
biggrin.gif

matcon5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I got me and my girlfriend each a DSi XL. They both have firmware 1.4 so I just wanted to get some advice and to clarify what I need to do.
I ordered 2 Acekard 2i's from Kick Trading (authorized reseller) It doesn't say whether or not they are already updated. So I'm assuming they are not.

I downloaded this file --> http://www.4shared.com/file/216759137/490f...pdate14new.html
Which says it's a newer update for the Acekards 1.4 compatible firmware. I have my old DSL here as well, which I read is what I need to use to update the flashcards.
So.. I reformat my microSD put on AKAIO 1.6RC2, then at the root of the card I place the "ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds" file. Put the cart in my DSL and fire it up,
then load the "ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds" file and let it update the card? Rinse and repeat for the other card as well?

Cheers, and I hope this is the correct process, never had to do something like this before
tongue.gif

matcon5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So since I have 2 Acekard 2i's, each with there own microSD. I should use my DS Lite, and the ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds file? And do one card, then the other? Since they are both new and not bricked..

This seems like the logical choice since it says there's less of a chance to brick the card using the ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds file..

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
matcon5 said:
So since I have 2 Acekard 2i's, each with there own microSD. I should use my DS Lite, and the ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds file? And do one card, then the other? Since they are both new and not bricked..

Yes.

ecchi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.lmgtfy.com
XP
Country
Atomic Revolution said:
Using a flashcart isn't that hard. I'm assuming you're going to use it to download illegally obtained (who cares?!) roms. Be careful when downloading roms. Some sites host roms that can permanently brick your DS making hentai play everytime you turn it on. GBAtemp is a great place to ask questions when you have any problems with your flashcart.

Holy crap!

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ecchi said:
Atomic Revolution said:

Holy crap!

Unless you're stupid, it won't happen. It has been disguised as some games such as Dragon Quest though (Forgot which one)

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
updowners said:
ecchi said:
Atomic Revolution said:

Holy crap!

Unless you're stupid, it won't happen. It has been disguised as some games such as Dragon Quest though (Forgot which one)
What you're talking about (hentai.nds) is a known DS bricker and does not work on newer DSs since Nintendo write protected most of the firmware in newer models so that only WiFi/user settings get wiped in the event of someone running the bricker. Even then it's really really hard to even get hold of these bricker in the first case and most antiviruses catches and removes it before it can do any harm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night