After being leaked, Rockstar has officially confirmed Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition

gta.png

It took a few leaks and some waiting, but Rockstar has finally confirmed the existence of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition. Headed to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, and even Nintendo Switch, the Definitive Edition will contain the three PlayStation 2-era Grand Theft Auto games and is set for launch later this year. There will also be a release on mobile platforms, scheduled for 2022. Rockstar claims that the remaster offers "across-the-board upgrades", with better graphics and some modernization to the gameplay.

It was also announced that the current versions of Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City, and San Andreas will all be delisted a week from today, so if you want to own those digital versions for preservation, the time to buy them is now.

:arrow: Source

hooky1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everybody needs to take off their nostalgic glasses... These games used to be great, I lost hundreds of hours to them. But I recently booted up GTA 3 and I only lasted half an hour. I don't think any amount of remastering is going to make them playable to those who are used to modern games.
GTA 3 was a watershed game for me, as I had just moved into an apartment with 2 other people when it was released. We would play it morning until late at night, then found out the cheat codes and played it even more ! I loved the dark ascetics of a grimy city, bleak & nihilistic. Obviously Vice City is the pick of the bunch for, although I got the HD version of San Andreas few years back on the Xbox and was much more impressed the second time round (graphics were awful on original release).

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
I'll consider it on PC but they really can't expect me to buy these on Android again. Sad thing is they'll probably de-list the old ones even though I paid for them but San Andreas takes up SOOOOOO much space.
Actually it's just the obb files in /emulates/storage/0/Android/obb/..
that take up space.

Move them to a usb storage and leave GTASA installed.
Copy back when needed. Done.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"so if you want to own those digital versions for preservation, the time to buy them is now."
There is something about that phrase that sends a shiver down my spine.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did a lookup. Apparently will be using Unreal Engine 4 for it, and will have Graphical Improvements, and Modern Gameplay Enhancements while still maintaining the original Look and Feel of the Game. Hope it will not disappoint. But you know the Games will take up a LOT of Space if this is true

Dud

Cheesehead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not setting my expectations high for this one. It's cool that they're getting released for the Switch, but I really hope Rockstar took the time to make these games live up to their name and not rush remastering. The fact that they're trying to get rid of the modding scene also frustrates me. That's literally what makes the experiences magical.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo