PS5 commercial backups are now booting on jailbroken systems

I7cnmYnnMr.jpg

PlayStation 5 homebrew scene modder @LightningMods_ has shown the first commercial PS5 games running on their jailbroken console with console firmware version 4.03.

As seen in the above Tweet, Grand Theft Auto III – The Definitive Edition has been shown to boot successfully on their modified console. They have also shown The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience booting but have explicitly stated that this required a "crack" to do so, but further details are unknown at this time.

Currently only PlayStation 5 consoles that are on firmware version 4.51 or lower are susceptible to the current jailbreak methods.

We will be following this news and will keep you updated with developments as they happen.

:arrow: Source

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
HAHA! There aren't even any nails, let alone a coffin. PS5 has shipped over 41 million consoles. Get back to me when PS6 and the next Xbox are failures. PC master race is closer to death than consoles are. By far. Desktop GPU sales at at their lowest in a very, very long time. Meanwhile, Sony is beating their own PS5 sales records in it's 3rd year after release.
This status quo won't hold when people start to realize PC is much better than any console with the sheer lack of exclusives.
-Free online
-Mods
-Better sales
-Uses other than gaming

If they don't revert their tendency to abolish exclusives, consoles are de facto dead.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This status quo won't hold when people start to realize PC is much better than any console with the sheer lack of exclusives.
-Free online
-Mods
-Better sales
-Uses other than gaming

If they don't revert their tendency to abolish exclusives, consoles are de facto dead.

If you want a master race is better than everything discussion please make another thread. This is about playing backups on PS5. And I have a gaming PC but this is not the place for this. Besides due to Denuvo most of the biggest releases on PC are not cracked any longer.

Reactions: Darksabre72

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was pretty quick. The ps4 and ps3 took longer.
I had to remind myself..

PS3 launched 11th November 2006 (happy 17th birthday), psjailbreak came out 1st September 2010

PS4 launched 15th November 2013 (happy 10th birthday), proof of concept was shown on 29th October 2016 but qwertyuiop only released something on a firmware you might have on 27th February 2018.

PS5 launched 20th November 2020 (happy 3rd birthday). We aren't far off when the first proof of concept came out for PS4. But maybe it will be released in less than 2 years.

Reactions: linuxares

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In console information, the system software version is a long string of numbers. The first two pair's of digits look like a year and month, the 3rd and 4th pair of digits is what you are looking for.

If you can't figure it out, then just post the whole thing.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I had to remind myself..

PS3 launched 11th November 2006 (happy 17th birthday), psjailbreak came out 1st September 2010

PS4 launched 15th November 2013 (happy 10th birthday), proof of concept was shown on 29th October 2016 but qwertyuiop only released something on a firmware you might have on 27th February 2018.

PS5 launched 20th November 2020 (happy 3rd birthday). We aren't far off when the first proof of concept came out for PS4. But maybe it will be released in less than 2 years.
This is a damn good history for the ps3 to PS5 :D

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
And thus, Sony remains on second place for harder to exploit console (with MS on 1st place and Nintendo on 3rd)

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I generally think it's because hackers hate Microsoft consoles.
I think some of that and maybe also that the PlayStation is more popular overall in countries other than the US, so gets a wider audience, I imagine there is also a larger profit to be made in exploiting piracy to load consoles full of games, as we saw with the PS4 game sharing methods early on. But I’m guessing here.

genxor

Trophies
XP
Country
Also you can do the dev mode thing on xbox to install homebrew so I think I read most of the people who would be working on it have focused their attention on the other consoles.

Backups are cool and all but I hope we get to see this generation's full emulation potential

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone