PS5 commercial backups are now booting on jailbroken systems

I7cnmYnnMr.jpg

PlayStation 5 homebrew scene modder @LightningMods_ has shown the first commercial PS5 games running on their jailbroken console with console firmware version 4.03.

As seen in the above Tweet, Grand Theft Auto III – The Definitive Edition has been shown to boot successfully on their modified console. They have also shown The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience booting but have explicitly stated that this required a "crack" to do so, but further details are unknown at this time.

Currently only PlayStation 5 consoles that are on firmware version 4.51 or lower are susceptible to the current jailbreak methods.

We will be following this news and will keep you updated with developments as they happen.

:arrow: Source

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also you can do the dev mode thing on xbox to install homebrew so I think I read most of the people who would be working on it have focused their attention on the other consoles.

Backups are cool and all but I hope we get to see this generation's full emulation potential

I wonder if we'll ever see something like RPCS3 or Xenia on a console.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This status quo won't hold when people start to realize PC is much better than any console with the sheer lack of exclusives.
-Free online
-Mods
-Better sales
-Uses other than gaming

If they don't revert their tendency to abolish exclusives, consoles are de facto dead.

Keep living in dream world for as long as it makes you feel comfortable. Shrug.

Console and PC software sales have been stable for over a decade (read stagnant)

It's true console software outsells PC, but the gap is not widening

The only games sector that consistently grows is mobile, and it increases its lead by wide margins every year

My statements were about console hardware vs desktop GPU sales, not software sales. :)

Last edited by RedColoredStars,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Backups are cool and all but I hope we get to see this generation's full emulation potential
Sony should just allow old pirates to sign up for free games. They could add their own crack intros and post them out in jiffy bags once a week

Then we could load them up once & everyone would be happy.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, sorry to bother. When looking for one of these, how can one differentiate between a usable and an unusable Horizon bundle? Because I see they share the same CFI-1115A code. Thank you very much
Manufacture date.

CFI-1115A: 3.00-5.10 (inc HFW bundle)

HFW bundle itself should be safe for kernel exploit (4.50) as it’s pretty old, but a Solus 1115 bought in a store today would probably be newer stock and therefore be 5.xx.

Bear in mind though that back ups are currently working on 4.03, not 4.5X just yet, but it shouldn’t be long until it’s on 4.5X.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Manufacture date.

CFI-1115A: 3.00-5.10 (inc HFW bundle)

HFW bundle itself should be safe for kernel exploit (4.50) as it’s pretty old, but a Solus 1115 bought in a store today would probably be newer stock and therefore be 5.xx.

Bear in mind though that back ups are currently working on 4.03, not 4.5X just yet, but it shouldn’t be long until it’s on 4.5X.
Is the manufacture date in the box anywhere? Sorry if I'm asking something that was answered already, I couldn't find the answer in this thread. I'm mainly asking because there's that sheet that says that some HFW bundles come with 5.1 and they all share the CFI-1115A code so I'm scared of buying one and it being the 5.1 one lol

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is the manufacture date in the box anywhere? Sorry if I'm asking something that was answered already, I couldn't find the answer in this thread. I'm mainly asking because there's that sheet that says that some HFW bundles come with 5.1 and they all share the CFI-1115A code so I'm scared of buying one and it being the 5.1 one lol
The serial number contains the info, if it doesn’t it’s too high and not worth it:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps5-exploit-guide.613891/page-68#post-10219296

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, sorry to bother. When looking for one of these, how can one differentiate between a usable and an unusable Horizon bundle? Because I see they share the same CFI-1115A code. Thank you very much

Might be able to get a firmware 4.5 if it was the first batch of hfw ps5.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew what you meant but not everyone owns a PS4 + gaming PC (example Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart is on PS5 + PC not on PS4) if you don't own both there's other games besides those. And usually a PS5 game is going to look and play better than the same game on PS4. Probably because of Covid they've kept around PS4 longer than usual but consoles are always this way at the beginning. More exclusives will be coming. PS4 is nearly dead.

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder whether this is going to reach a point of being stagnant though, like the PS4 exploit which was dead in the water for almost 2 years because they couldn't crack the later versions of games which had the latest firmware requirements.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder whether this is going to reach a point of being stagnant though, like the PS4 exploit which was dead in the water for almost 2 years because they couldn't crack the later versions of games which had the latest firmware requirements.
Probably. It's all part of the game.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

We would be in the same situation right now on PS4 if not for two people backporting games newer than 9.0 to 9.0 and below. The highest crack is 9.0 but official PS4 firmware is on 11.0.

Spiderman 2 is missing from that list

lol

? it's there

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol