Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling that if this were to be successful, it would likely usher in a new era of slavery.

You know that sinking feeling when you know history is about to repeat itself? I has that.
If this is successful, I predict a whole new slew of Neanderthal memes.

Knowing 'Murrica, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to place a community of Neanderthals on an island and turn it into a reality TV show. They'd put it on TLC under the pretense of an "educational documentary," but then it'll just go the route of Honey Boo-Boo. :glare:

But in all seriousness, I would hope that they have extremely strict regulations surrounding the creation of Neanderthals, such that they won't end up in society where people can get a hold of them for their own personal gain.

Reactions: gamefan5

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No they are not, but in some research they classify it as a subspecies of Homo Sapiens.
Homo Sapiens Neantherthalensis.
If you want to be picky like that then they're still not Homo Sapiens Sapiens, they're Homo Sapiens Neantherthalensis. I'm not questioning whether they're sentient or not, they're just not the same species/subspecies of human as us, so our law doesn't exactly refer to them in the same fashion.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neanderthals have always fascinated me. They had a larger brain than homo sapiens. It seems possible than in an alternate reality, we coexist and they look down on us with their superior intelligence. Of course they seemingly failed to realize that if they moved south they would have had a stronger chance of surviving. Geography was their undoing.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you want to be picky like that then they're still not Homo Sapiens Sapiens, they're Homo Sapiens Neantherthalensis. I'm not questioning whether they're sentient or not, they're just not the same species/subspecies of human as us, so our law doesn't exactly refer to them in the same fashion.
I was agreeing with you, since I said in my post, no they are not Homo Sapiens. I just wanted to say that in some research they just refer as a subspecies of us. LOL While in others, they refer the neantherthals as a completely different species. XD

Neanderthals have always fascinated me. They had a larger brain than homo sapiens. It seems possible than in an alternate reality, we coexist and they look down on us with their superior intelligence. Of course they seemingly failed to realize that if they moved south they would have had a stronger chance of surviving. Geography was their undoing.
But does having a larger brain = having a superior intelligence?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As far as I remember, the level of intelligence is directly connected with the level of the corrugation of the cerebral cortex. Einstein was quite the smart feller and he had a rather small brain, so overall mass of the brain is not connected with intelligence.

Reactions: gamefan5

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As far as I remember, the level of intelligence is directly connected with the level of the corrugation of the cerebral cortex. Einstein was quite the smart feller and he had a rather small brain, so overall mass of the brain is not connected with intelligence.
Thank you that's what I thought. XD I was gonna do a comparison with other animals having a bigger brain than humans but I thought it was gonna be a little farfetched.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

According to everything I learned in my evolution course in College, yes it does (but this has to be large in relation to the size of the animal at hand, so an elephant while having a very large brain is not smarter than man, because relatively their brain is a smaller percentage of their overall mass than a human). Its also believed that eating meat over the years helps the brain evolve and grow larger. So you know, draw your own conclusions on what all that means.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
According to everything I learned in my evolution course in College, yes it does. Its also believed that eating meat over the years helps the brain evolve and grow larger. So you know, draw your own conclusions on what all that means.
Well, if you look at it from the perspective of evolution, yeah, a human is more intelligent than a grasshopper and the overall mass is connected, however among humans where the mass of brains is similar and the specialization style is the same, overall brain mass is not the most important factor.

What counts is the number of neurons and the connections between them (synapses) which is why corrugation is important - a more corrugated surface can "fit" more of'em than a "straight" one.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you look at it from the perspective of evolution, yeah, a human is more intelligent than a grasshopper and the overall mass is connected, however among humans where the mass of brains is similar and the specialization style is the same, overall brain mass is not the most important factor.

Right, like my edit of the post you quoted noted: mass of the brain relative to body size is whats most important. An elephant has a larger brain than humans, but its such a smaller percentage of their overall body than humans that they aren't smarter or even nearly as smart. Its weird how it all works. Anyway, Neanderthals were shorter than homo sapiens, but also stronger, so overall body mass might be a wash comparatively, which as far as my understand goes means that if Neanderthals had survived, I believe they would have grown to be a smarter species than humans.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's it.... Jurassic Park IV!!!!!

Think of it like a cross between the first three Jurassic park movies and Planet of the Apes!!!

Instead of Jeff Goldblum talking about Chaos Theory we need that guy from this forum who was talking about Quantum this and Quantum that... lol

RPG Hacker

Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It died immediately, sure. But they still cloned it.

HAHA! Gotta love that cynism! :D

"Sure, it died immediately, which means that the whole thing was pretty much pointless because we lost a lot of money for nothing and caused the early, unavoidable death of a human being. But we still did it, so fuck that!"

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For you to insult their intelligence is still speciesist. It's going to be a thing, trust me. Probably in the southern area of the US mostly

were supposed to evolve not DE-evolve!
Go two steps back, to go forward?

Planet of the cavemen? Neanderthals Park?

To be serious, Id like this idea. :/

trance

Trophies
XP
Country
A man named Church wants to create an abomination? Fine with me.

some scientist said he would create a dinosaur from a chicken in 2012 or 2013, I wonder if he can do it
4kVGETR.jpg

...Pete?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids +1