Adding Hangul (Korean) font to American 3DS?

HelpTheWretched

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got some Korean ROMs on my North American 3DS because Reasons, however, any that use the system font (which includes all the e-manuals) just display question marks for text.

I know this is a long-shot, but I recall part of the setup for Citra involved pulling system font files from the 3DS, and I was hoping that "installing" the Korean font would be a simple matter. And that hopefully, if it can be done, it doesn't overwrite any of the existing non-Latin characters.

Any thoughts on making this happen?

cassiechai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There is a homebrew called SharedFontTool that can display out of region game font. Don't know how well it works but maybe you can give it a try.

HelpTheWretched

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is a homebrew called SharedFontTool that can display out of region game font. Don't know how well it works but maybe you can give it a try.
That looks like exactly what I wanted! The only problem is, all the installation guides say to copy the fonts folder to the SD card root, but I don't see that folder anywhere.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
That looks like exactly what I wanted! The only problem is, all the installation guides say to copy the fonts folder to the SD card root, but I don't see that folder anywhere.
You shouldn't need a font folder, every 3DS comes with the shared fonts for every region, they're just not all active at once.

Unless it's crashing without it it shouldn't be an issue, you should be able to just select the built in Korean font.

HelpTheWretched

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You shouldn't need a font folder, every 3DS comes with the shared fonts for every region, they're just not all active at once.

Unless it's crashing without it it shouldn't be an issue, you should be able to just select the built in Korean font.
Oh right just read the issue page on their github which says the font folder is no longer needed for newer versions.
Makes sense, thank you both.

Reactions: Pk11

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work