AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
yes like a real dsi cartridge i buyed i want to change it into newer super mario bros not new super m,ario bros
Not really possible. The ROM chip in your game card cannot be rewritten in such a way. You're better off getting a flash cartridge and playing your ROM hack from there.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be a pedant I would note that some hacks might change the binary which is in memory, and otherwise might be small enough to fit into a moderately sized cheat list (the DS having reasonably good IF ELSE type loops in its cheat engines, including in nitro hax http://www.chishm.com/NitroHax/index.html which should allow you to do it for commercial games).

Most Mario hacks I have seen are not that. This sort of thing being more reserved for small changes (that could have big results in game) of a few dozen lines of code at best (your average level hack being many times that, music even more so, graphics... oh dear).

More proof of concept still is maybe not with a DSi but with a GBA if you loaded up the data you wanted to the GBA slot, booted to DS mode you could probably alter the game code with enough cheats (which you can do with a retail cart) to go speak to the GBA slot and fetch data from there.

I am not aware of any services that might program a replacement ROM chip similar to what we see on the GB/GBC where people might take certain games, redo the ROM chips and have a flash cart for their trouble. Likewise you are going to be hard pressed to find a repro option.

Further to the GBA slot stuff if the game is old enough or you are bored (and talented) enough to hack it suitably then you could possibly flash your DS firmware, use a simple GBA flash cart as a DS flash can and autoboot the modified DS game on that but still have the save written to the baseline DS game (technically would be easier than making the save work on the GBA slot).

All this is utterly obviated though by "get a flash cart"/modify your DSi or 3ds, and if you somehow need the hacked version's save on an original game then writing such a thing will take longer* to boot the program and select the file you want written.

*give or take maybe Warioware DIY and Daigasso with their stupidly large saves, which might also work as a secondary injection point/data source for those games and maybe in the case of some more conventional games if you are willing to sacrifice some save data too. I won't speculate on making a save game exploit with your hack in it but it is within the realm of reason).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gray zone warfare looks kinda cool
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ohhh on one episode they could use rings to summon Captain Criminal who is just Obama like a spoof of Captain Planet lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does look good
    By your powers combined, hmmm where is Epstein?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just another shit fps clone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought it was some warzone dlc bs
    Looks like an enhanced Far cry 1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's a far cry from it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it a free to play bs, pay to get any good weapon/gear
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not free to play but $35
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to desire the bike than it was worth tho.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to desire...