Activision claims that they have more remasters to announce this year

nPaXg6pP_400x400.jpg

Although Overwatch 2 and Diablo IV are skipping 2021, that doesn't mean Activision doesn't have plans to release plenty of new games this year. Also stated during their recent fiscal report was the fact that more remasters are on the way. Throughout the past few years, Activision has released remasters of older game series such as Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, and Tony Hawk, and 2021 will continue that trend, with "more remastered content" to be announced before the end of the new fiscal year. Supposedly, following a merger with Vicarious Visions, which has handled multiple remaster projects for the company, a Diablo II remake is in the works, though it has not been officially confirmed yet.

:arrow: Source

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd actually be down for a black ops remaster, that was by far my favourite COD. Other than that ... BOOOOOOOOO activision, boooooooooo.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
call of duty modern warfare remaster remastered.

thats what im talking about.
Dammit I came in here to say exactly this :angry:

But yeah, I can't really think of anything actually good that Activision owns that would make a good remaster TBH, so whatever they end up shitting out will probably be...shit.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tony Hawk 3+4. Tony Hawk Underground 1+2. Tony Hawk American Wasteland. Anything EXCEPT Project 8, Ride and Shred.

I don't mind remasters of my childhood games. Brings back great memories.

Now if Sony would remake the Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper series. Still waiting for Sly Cooper 5 as 4 ended with a cliffhanger.

Last edited by ccfman2004,

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I would be overjoyed by TH Underground remasters. Although I'd be equally excited for...hmmm...uhh...okay not that much, actually. Unless they wanted to remaster old Guitar Hero games and not screw up all the music licensing, which I can't see happening.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't fully expect them to announce any more Tony Hawk remasters - not necessarily because of the Vicarious merger, moreso because I'd expect them to carry on the momentum of 1+2 with a fully new game.

They could call it Tony Hawk Mania, and disown the bad numeric sequel from years ago... wouldn't be the first time a franchise has done that :creep:

That Diablo II remaster is likely, too. Wouldn't be surprised to see a COD one of some sort, too.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Tony Hawk 3+4. Tony Hawk Underground 1+2. Tony Hawk American Wasteland. Anything EXCEPT Project 8, Ride and Shred.

I don't mind remasters of my childhood games. Brings back great memories.

Now if Sony would remake the Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper series. Still waiting for Sly Cooper 5 as 4 ended with a cliffhanger.
sony did remake ratchet and clank on ps4...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y