Hacking Acekard 2i 1.4.4 Update Available Now

dsboy11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
why are there two update files? one for DSphat/DSL and another for DSi/3DS?

the DSi/3DS firmware will work on all consoles, but there's two update files? am i missing something?

dsboy11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Depends on what u update you acekard on, either the DS/Lite or DSi

ok, i suppose that makes sense... once updated the card will work on any console, but the update file needs to be slightly different depending on the type of console you install it on. but why is it then that the AKAIO firmware is one file fits all whereas the update needs different files?

i've been told that the only difference is if you use the fle for DSphat/DSL you can do the updates continuously, but if you use the file for Dsi/3DS you can only do the updates one at a time. but i have no idea what that means :S

i haven't got my acekard2i yet, ordered it and it's on the way. maybe i'll understand better when i've played around with it on my DSL and 3DS

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
You are right in what you are saying for the updating on the DS/Lite and DSi, but why you can continuously on the DS/Lite, i don't know, i haven't gone it to it.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are right in what you are saying for the updating on the DS/Lite and DSi, but why you can continuously on the DS/Lite, i don't know, i haven't gone it to it.

Because on a DSI and 3DS u can not swap outside the systems menu its an extra protection mesure Nintendo has put in place.

dsboy11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Because on a DSI and 3DS u can not swap outside the systems menu its an extra protection mesure Nintendo has put in place.
Can you elaborate on this for me? I don't know what you mean by "swap outside the systems menu". Sorry for being a noob

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
With a DS and DSLite, you can change the game by a switch to copy it, for example!

But, you cant do the same with DSi, DSi XL and 3DS, because they included a new OS
who check every change from the slot 1 and the OS re-check what you put inside after a switch!

So, because of that, you cant flash an AK2i who dont work anymore because of a new firmware in your DSi or 3DS,
by switch it and use the "DSL" mode from the two files included in the AK2i firmware pack !

That is clear for you now ?

JonatanCaynPortu

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!:
i try update acekard 2i's firmware but i can't...
i use a dsL and the icon of my acekard is Dorasu, so this version is 1.4.3
i have tried with akaio 1.8.9, acekard 4.22 and 4.23 but when i eject and insert card, i press B, but nothing happen...
In second page of this topic ferdz_33 say use moonshel to run the patch, but when i try moonshell say that it is a not support type...
i download moonshell to acekard page.
i'm desperate, i don't know i can do, something tell me i can update with dsL?
thanks a lot and sorry for my English

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, having a new problem with the update.

So originally, I was able to update the AK2i successfully to the newest bootloader with the sword icon. Both my friend and I are sharing the cart, until I get the microSD in the mail to load up, and then I'll give it to him. I updated the AK2i on my DSi, 1.4U successfully and it worked like a charm on my 3DS 3.0.0.6U. My friend's 3DS was 3.0.0.6U until he accidentally updated it to 4.0.0.7U with the AK2i cartridge inside Slot-1 after receiving the update alert. He powered off his 3DS in attempt to stop the update while it was updating but it was not successful. He's reporting the cart not working with the 3DS now, and it's greyed out like there's no game in there. It works fine in his DSi, version 1.4.1U. I'm pretty sure it will still work with my 3.0.0.6U 3DS, but I'm going to test it and try to see what could have gone wrong with the card. Are there any other reports of it being blocked with the latest ninty firmware?

From what I gather, the card clearly isn't bricked since it still works with the DSi. Can I try loading the bootloader update software again? Or will that brick the card because I've already done it once with this version? Please help! I'm wondering if a clean install would help.

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hi!:
i try update acekard 2i's firmware but i can't...
i use a dsL and the icon of my acekard is Dorasu, so this version is 1.4.3
i have tried with akaio 1.8.9, acekard 4.22 and 4.23 but when i eject and insert card, i press B, but nothing happen...
In second page of this topic ferdz_33 say use moonshel to run the patch, but when i try moonshell say that it is a not support type...
i download moonshell to acekard page.
i'm desperate, i don't know i can do, something tell me i can update with dsL?
thanks a lot and sorry for my English
Acekard play stupid since many months...
DSL Firmware file = if you want to flash more than one AK2i (work only with DS/DSLite)
(DSL firmware file is very usefull when you have an AK2i who do not work, you can start this file from another flashcard and swap it)

DSi Firmware file = if you want to flash only one AK2i or if you have only a DSi, DSi XL or a 3DS,
but the DSi File work fine with all the DS, DSLite, DSi, DSi XL and 3DS !!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +2