Gaming Ace Combat X2 wierdness

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho.

Well, regretably I've been royally fucked over by my bank and as such couldn't access my paycheck that went in today. There was a silver lining to this particular cloud though. My old man bought me the new Ace Combat Joint Assault game for my PSP. However, I'm having a slight problem. It's nothing major but if anyone here could help me it'd be grand. I'm running a PSP 1K with Prometheus 2. It handles Kingdom Hearts so I figured it'd handle this too. It does not. Evidently this new game requires firmware 6.31, which obviously Prometheus 2 isn't designed to work around. Yet. But here's the thing. It doesn't force an update. The game acually starts, the screen flashes red like it always does (dunno what that's about but it's been doing it ever since I flashed my PSP and it doesn't break anything, so no harm no foul) then it just kinda freezes. Black screen, nothing happens, if I try to quit via the Home key, it takes ages. What's the problem?

It's not a major concern as for the time being I can still play on my dad's PSP, which is identical to mine just on official firmware. So it's not like I can't play it. But if there is a solution to this problem I'd love to hear it 'cause that way I don't keep getting confused between the two identical looking PSP's now sat in my room. Evidently Prometheus 2 is almost capable of playing it from UMD, maybe I need to tweak some settings in the recovery menu or something. Suggestions please.

Also, because the game uses GeoEye to provide realistic terrain, I may have inadvertantly bombed my mother's house off the map earlier during a mission in Turkey. I don't think I'm totally at fault there though. Try not building your house next to a SAM site and I won't have to carpet bomb the place
smile.gif

Also, if someone could confirm what firmware the UK version of Phantasy Star Portable 2 requires I'd be grateful, if it won't work on my PSP it may not be worth the 30 quid. Also, in case anyone's wondering, the reason why I buy these games instead of stealing them is because my net connection is unlikely to remain stable enough to download files of their size, and it's slow as hell anyway.

Additional: As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a Godless, uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't use Prometheus firmware. Dump the ISO and use either 5.00M33-6 or GEN 5.50 with ISO Tool 1.72 to decrypt and patch it. Or try the M33 plugin on the UMD from 5.00M33-6, or that M33/Prometheus hybrid.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hardly seems worth changing for one game. Everything else works. I'm sure there's gonna be an enhancement to Prometheus sooner or later that beats OFW 6.31. I reckon I'll stick with the spare PSP for now rather than having to reconfigure my PSP and sort out every game I own. Besides, I chose Prometheus for ease of use. I don't have the time between shifts to be patching, decrypting, etc. I only ever have a few spare hours so I chose Prometheus for it's 'plug and play' simplicity to maximise the time I spend actually playing instead of simply altering files, which to me is needlessly complex and time consuming.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You know how Patching and decrypting with ISO Tool works right? You have a game on your Memory Stick, you run ISO Tool and hit decrypt then patch and it's done. Nothing tricky or time consuming. Plus it only needs to be done once. It seems to be more time consuming to dodge the problems you're encountering sticking rigidly with prometheus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34