Hacking About Super Mario Advance 4's release

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could anyone try dumping the game's (as in the Virtual Console container files, not RAM) actual contents and see if the ROM is in there?
That would be ideal if it could be decrypted, but I don't know how to do that, apparently @ajd4096 might know something about that though

I'm gonna crash for the night though, will look into it more tomorrow

Last edited by CheatFreak47,

loco365

Trophies
XP
So Super Mario Advance 4 finally released on the eShop, and it includes every single e-Reader level, even the Japan only ones, and even the "Mad Dash" lost level!

Now, what I'm here to ask, is can someone investigate the e-World level data? Are the levels stored in a save file like the other saves for SMA4 ROMs floating around? Are the levels embedded in the ROM itself, instead, in this release? And either way, would it be possible to dump the ROM or save data from the Wii U and distribute them here (save) or somewhere else (if it's in the ROM itself) That would be amazing, as the only versions of Mad Dash we have available are recreations.

Thank you!
Looks like there's a new game I'm getting. I'd love to dump this data.

In addition, I'll see if anything e-Reader is still active in the game. I have a GBA flashcard (Hiding somewhere) and an authentic e-Reader that I can inject save data onto.

Last edited by loco365,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like there's a new game I'm getting. I'd love to dump this data.

In addition, I'll see if anything e-Reader is still active in the game. I have a GBA flashcard (Hiding somewhere) and an authentic e-Reader that I can inject save data onto.
All the menus and such are still active, so I'd assume so, unless they manually disabled them but kept the menus in for no reason.

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
The idea, is I want to know what SHA1 so that we can verify we are using the proper rom file for patching.

This is actually another thing xdelta would have solved nicely for us, because xdelta won't let you apply the patch to the wrong file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too