Hacking A new update tonight

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I know i'm frustrated 'cause i updated 3DS to v5.... they should said that before new version came out, so people who would like homebrew or rom's on their 3DS wouldn't install that newer version of software (like my self) but that's something that goes without saying, right... but still, a warning on GBAtemp would be good.
So the people at 3Dbrew are required to be psychic now?

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
So the people at 3Dbrew are required to be psychic now?
no, that's not what i meant.. I meant if there are working on v4 of software and crackink it down, they should say "Yust as precaution, because Nintendo will 99% release to new update, dont update till we say so, if you want homebrew..."

But anyhow, i'm just saying, not pointing fingers, because it is over now, who updated, he updated, that's it... only Time will bring the answers :)

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
no, that's not what i meant.. I meant if there are working on v4 of software and crackink it down, they should say "Yust as precaution, because Nintendo will 99% release to new update, dont update till we say so, if you want homebrew..."

But anyhow, i'm just saying, not pointing fingers, because it is over now, who updated, he updated, that's it... only Time will bring the answers :)
I know i'm frustrated 'cause i updated 3DS to v5.... they should said that before new version came out

Not updating is pretty much common sense/knowledge...
Also 3dbrew front page:
Latest safe firmware is 4.5.0-10, updating to 5.0.0-11 is not recommended!

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
This isn't about the speed of the initial hack. Even though the Wii was using an older architecture, it was still a custom design and custom software. It's just that once people found out how it worked, it didn't take long to start breaking it again and again because the hardware itself had no protections against this, they just needed to find a new vulnerability in a commonly-available piece of software. They inject some code and point the Wii at it, the Wii runs it, bam. They write whatever, wherever.
With the 3DS, however, game/software flaws mean nothing if you can't actually run custom code you want to put into the system, and the 3DS will not just run any blob of code you inject anywhere, thanks to NX. They get one-time runs (assuming it's even 100% success and doesn't need retries due to timing differences) and with limited control inherited from the software exploited, can't change the system's operating in any meaningful way.
Hi Rydian, i want to find the documents about how the game got launched.
I thought there is timing differences in most hardware (due to the implementation of chips etc) and i want to think a way out.
It may helps if we can know when did a title got decrypted or such things that related to specified value or time.
Well.. i'm being weird. Thanks whatever you reply me with.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Hi Rydian, i want to find the documents about how the game got launched.
I thought there is timing differences in most hardware (due to the implementation of chips etc) and i want to think a way out.
It may helps if we can know when did a title got decrypted or such things that related to specified value or time.
Well.. i'm being weird. Thanks whatever you reply me with.
I was more referring to 360 and PS3 hacking types that needed some USB control device plugged into one of their USB ports or something that would attempt to corrupt memory or something as the machine was booting, but it was imprecise and would sometimes take a few boots to actually work right.

Reactions: Syphurith

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hope they take along time to release the exploit then couple of things will happen your 3ds will collect dust waiting or u update it because its been to long or u sell it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: There is black rice flour, and its really black colored