Gaming A new Pokemon game this September?

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
That's continuing the chain!
laugh.gif

Well, hopefully. Unless the card is 3DS-enhanced, which I hope it won't...
Yeah, anyway the reason I say there won't be Grey on the 3DS is that GameFreak may take the opportunity to revamp the current gameplay, add changes, alter the mechanics, is the game going to be fully 3D, as in 3D graphics not glassless 3D XD Use all or most of the 3DS's capabilities. I feel pokemon grey won't allow them to do that, they’ll taking be taking aspects from b/w and constructing from that. In a new series they can start from scratch and take full use of the hardware capabilities, add in new features and even a whole new look to pokemon. It gives them that fresh start similar to d/p.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The new slogan for Pokemon is "Start From a New Beginning", they could just be focusing on one major plot (separated into 2) for the games then, do a special movie for the 3rd pokemon (kyurem) in the trio.

Not only that, but have any of you been keeping up with the anime, this is the smallest gap between the original and the dub that I have seen in a long time. That could possibly mean that they are trying to streamline future generations to release them simultaneously internationally... or at least get the release dates closer together.

tommzy2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Game Freak should have kept the 5th generation for the 3ds.
They would have had the 3ds hardware since 2008, then like released platinum later in the year,
in 2009, release HG/SS like they did, 2010 = no pokemon year, 2011 september = black and white,
2012 september = rse remake, 2013 september = Pokemon Grey (b/w special edition)

would have been better, because whats 1 year with no pokemon.
now they have fucked up and we cant predict shit, because they broke their chain.

Izzy011

The Business Bitch
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Pokemon Gray was on the 3DS, in a way that means everybody who bought Black and White were really just paying for a beta.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They are not gonna break the chain and they havent broken anything.
The third one came out 2 years after each gen games. Its nearing a year to the japanese release and I am sure by end of this year or Q1 next year we will see leaks and official announcement of the third game or a new mainstream RPG game, not some rumble spin-offs.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
g5 uses 100+ pokemon rejected from g1. B/W are the first games since g1 to not use pokemon created from a japan creation contest. Will they resume the contest next gen?, who knows. However Black and White was meant to be a short anime series like the orange islands. Unlike Orange islands, they kept the 8 badge system and used "new" pokemon so they could market games with it. Expect a new anime of pokemon and games shortly.

D

Deleted-236924

DarkStriker said:
If it by any chance does come out on the 3DS. I wonder how they would do the pokemon transfer. Hope they dont do some kind of one way transfer only.. would suck hard.
The same was as it works right now.

chris888222 said:
But a R/S remake is only possible after 3 years...
And why would a R/S remake only be possible in 2014?

heartgold said:
chris888222 said:
But a R/S remake is only possible after 3 years...

R/S remake will probably come after 6th generation
grog.gif
I doubt that.

QUOTE(tommzy2 @ Jul 18 2011, 09:54 AM)
2011 september = black and white
Except September 2011 didn't happen yet.

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only reason i would buy a 3ds would be for something like pokemon or kingdom hearts , the rest i really dont care but if a pokemon game comes out on September , it will be only for japan and next year for usa and the rest of the countries , thats what they have been doing for the past .

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heartgold said:
chris888222 said:
heartgold said:
I don't think Gamefreak will be wasting their time on grey, they have a brand new console to work with, although they could and twist B/W up a bit and call it pokemon Grey, but their actual focus right now is on the 3DS and how to develop a new series on that hardware.
But if Grey is specially remade for 3DS = profits! (possibly?)

Hmm... Later what. Pokemon to come in a hybrid gamecard, works on both DS/3DS..
Just kidding.

Nope, GameFreak creates new series for new handhands
But as I said, you can't really expect them to contine the chain after they put a mainstream game o the same handheld as the previous, I mean thinking about it, it actually would make more sense for them to put Gray on the 3DS.

frogmyster3

Trophies
XP
Country
If a Pokémon game is coming out in September then we should have heard about it by now. It isn't Scramble/Rumble 2 because that's coming out next week in Japan and if it was anything else then it would be a Stadium/Colosseum/Battle Revolution-type game for the Wii but with the Gen 5 Pokémon. Since we haven't heard anything about that then it's highly unlikely.

As for next year, we'll get an announcement early on regarding either Grey or the R/S/E remakes which I think will be the last remakes for a while. As for 'breaking the chain', G/S were playable on the Game Boy with enhancements for the Color - B/W are playable on the DS with enhancements for the DSi with the XTransciever's video chat. I don't think they've necessarily broken a chain at all there.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frogmyster3 said:
As for 'breaking the chain', G/S were playable on the Game Boy with enhancements for the Color - B/W are playable on the DS with enhancements for the DSi with the XTransciever's video chat. I don't think they've necessarily broken a chain at all there.
Backwards Compatibility =/= Developed/made for. Also, the DSi is the same generation as the DS, it is a DS. The comparison you made doesn't work...plus, even if it were the next generation system and Backwards Compatability did = Developed/Made for, that's not even Backwards compatibility, it's just... Compatibility.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
machomuu said:
heartgold said:
chris888222 said:
heartgold said:
I don't think Gamefreak will be wasting their time on grey, they have a brand new console to work with, although they could and twist B/W up a bit and call it pokemon Grey, but their actual focus right now is on the 3DS and how to develop a new series on that hardware.
But if Grey is specially remade for 3DS = profits! (possibly?)

Hmm... Later what. Pokemon to come in a hybrid gamecard, works on both DS/3DS..
Just kidding.

Nope, GameFreak creates new series for new handhands
But as I said, you can't really expect them to contine the chain after they put a mainstream game o the same handheld as the previous, I mean thinking about it, it actually would make more sense for them to put Gray on the 3DS.

You expect them to use the same graphics on the 3DS?

Anyway here's what I posted earlier to why there won't be Grey for 3DS

QUOTE(heartgold @ Jul 18 2011, 02:03 PM)
Yeah, anyway the reason I say there won't be Grey on the 3DS is that GameFreak may take the opportunity to revamp the current gameplay, add changes, alter the mechanics, is the game going to be fully 3D, as in 3D graphics not glassless 3D XD Use all or most of the 3DS's capabilities. I feel pokemon grey won't allow them to do that, they’ll taking be taking aspects from b/w and constructing from that. In a new series they can start from scratch and take full use of the hardware capabilities, add in new features and even a whole new look to pokemon. It gives them that fresh start similar to d/p.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5th - September 2010, N/A - September 2011, 3rdR - September 2012, 5th+ - September 2013.
6th - September 2014, N/A - September 2015, 4thR - September 2016, 6th+ - September 2017.
7th - September 2018, N/A - September 2019, 5thR - September 2020, 7th+ - September 2021.
8th - September 2022, N/A - September 2023, 6thR - September 2024, 8th+ - September 2025.
9th - September 2026, N/A - September 2027, 7thR - September 2028, 9th+ - September 2029.
10th - September 2030, N/A - September 2031, 8thR - September 2032, 10th+ - September 2033.
11th - September 2034, N/A - September 2035, 9thR - September 2036, 11th+ - September 2037.
12th - September 2038, N/A - September 2039, 10thR - September 2040, 12th+ - September 2041.
13th - September 2042, N/A - September 2043, 11thR - September 2044, 13th+ - September 2045.
14th - September 2046, N/A - September 2047, 12thR - September 2048, 14th+ - September 2049.
15th - September 2050, N/A - September 2051, 13thR - September 2052, 15th+ - September 2053.
etc.

This should be how Game Freak does things. All remakes would fall on the 10th year anniversary of the originals release. It also seems like a good idea to split apart the 3rd installment from the original since both are basically the same exact game.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if GameFreak would WANT to make a Pokemon game for the 3DS. The success of the 3DS has really been dropping, and if they released the new third installment on the 3DS, they'd lose a LOT of sales, especially compared to the mind-blowing release of Black and White.

They're testing the waters with Super Pokemon Scramble. Not everyone has a 3DS yet.

arogance1

Trophies
XP
Country
I still don't get why they never made a proper Pokemon game on the GC or Wii.

The same gameplay but on a console so more room for better graphics, animations, FMV.

I'd love it to be like Monster Hunter Tri or Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles style

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol