A lot of lag when playing PSP games on Adrenaline

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but IIRC, the PS4 and PS5 recognize the Navigation controller (maybe it still doesn't work, then) and the PS3 Motion and Navigation controllers were used at the same time so how could the latter succeed the former or do you mean the PS4 Motion controller succeeded the PS3 Navigation controller?

So, the PS4 Move controller lasts longer than the PS3 one? Does it take longer to be charged than the PS3 one? Do the PS3 and PS4 Motion controller work with the PS5, and if so, do I have to buy the PS5 camera for them to work?

I think I succesfully used a PS3 Motion controller and a Navigation controller on the PS3 without the PS3 camera.
The Motion and Navigation controllers are recognized by the PS4 and PS5. The Navigation lacks the tracking lightbulb, so it acts like half of a DS3. PS3 and PS4 Motion controllers, in conjunction with the PS4 camera, work with the PS5. The Motion needs a camera in order to track the colored bulb. The PS4 Motion controller's stock battery should last longer than the PS3 one, as it has a higher capacity. I haven't timed it, but a higher capacity takes longer to charge to 100%.

Last edited by zfreeman,
Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The Motion and Navigation controllers are recognized by the PS4 and PS5. The Navigation lacks the tracking lightbulb, so it acts like half of a DS3. PS3 and PS4 Motion controllers, in conjunction with the PS4 camera, work with the PS5. The Motion needs a camera in order to track the colored bulb. The PS4 Motion controller's stock battery should last longer than the PS3 one, as it has a higher capacity. I haven't timed it, but a higher capacity takes longer to charge to 100%.

Does the PS3 camera work with the PS5? I was able to use the PS3 Motion controller on the PS3 without a camera.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the PS3 camera work with the PS5? Weird, since I was able to use the PS Motion controller on the PS3 without a camera.
I don't have a PS5, so I don't know. The Motion controller will work because it has built-in motion sensors. Navigation controllers do not, so they need a Camera.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't have a PS5, so I don't know. The Motion controller will work because it has built-in motion sensors. Navigation controllers do not, so they need a Camera.

I thought you said it didn't work without a camera. Also, I've read in the internet it doesn't work without the camera.

I think I got a PS3 Motion controller to work on the PS5 without any camera.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Some games, like shooters, need the camera for aiming. Other games just need the motion sensors, like for dancing.

And may problems arise if using the PS Move Motion and Navigation controllers and the camera connected to an USB-powered hub as well as an external HDD connected to the other PS3 USB port (so, not connected to the USB-powered hub), I mean, will the USB-powered hub fry the PS3's USB port/s?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I suggest having external power sources for your USB hub and HDD. The hub won't fry the port, but it may not be getting enough from the port to run everything.

But my external HDD is USB-powered, unlike my USB hub. Can I use it with other accessories on the self-powered hub?

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I shouldn't connect the USB hub to the same external source where the TV, Set-top box, PS3, PS TV, PS2 and PS TV are connected? My PS3's external HDD doesn't need an external source, only a USB port.
The PS3 USB port only gives out 500mA. If there are multiple USB peripherals, the hub is going to need more power than the PS3 USB port provides. An external power source of 2A should be fine.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the system will have a notification if you're taxing the usb ports, but by that time, it's probably too late. you probably won't destroy the usb port, but there's a good chance you'll destroy what was plugged into it.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The PS3 USB port only gives out 500mA. If there are multiple USB peripherals, the hub is going to need more power than the PS3 USB port provides. An external power source of 2A should be fine.

the system will have a notification if you're taxing the usb ports, but by that time, it's probably too late. you probably won't destroy the usb port, but there's a good chance you'll destroy what was plugged into it.

But my USB hub is self-powered, not USB-powered. My devices are connected to two power strips, which in turn are connected to each other, so they're not connected to different wall sockets.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But should the outlet to connect the USB Hub be the same as all the PlayStations, TV and Set-Box are connected or should I use a different one? I have two outlets but one is connected to the other, so it's not separate.
It's fine as long as you're not daisy-chaining powerstrips or extension cords.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's fine as long as you're not daisy-chaining powerstrips or extension cords.

But like I said, that's exactly what I'm doing. How should these devices (TV, set-top box, PS5, PS3, PS TV, PS2, PS5's external HDD, gigabit switch and self-powered hub) be connected, then? Like I said, they're connected to two power strips, which in turn are connected to each other, so they're not connected to separate wall sockets.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But that's exactly what I've been doing so I don't understand what you said about external sources. How should I connect these devices (TV, Set-top box, PS3, PS TV, PS2, PS5's external HDD, Gigabit switch, HDMI switch and USB hub) precisely? Like I said, they're connected to the same two extension cords, which are connected to each other, so they're not separate.
Daisy-chaining powerstrip will overload the wires in the powerstrip. The heat from the overload may cause a fire. Each powerstrip should be plugged into the wall. Devices that do not work properly from the console's USB port will need additional power from another outlet.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Daisy-chaining powerstrip will overload the wires in the powerstrip. The heat from the overload may cause a fire. Each powerstrip should be plugged into the wall. Devices that do not work properly from the console's USB port will need additional power from another outlet.

Unfortunately, I only have a wall socket near all these devices, hence using the same for both power strips. Also, like I said in another thread, the PS5's external HDD is always making a whistling noise even with the PS5 turned off. It already made that noise when it was connected to the PS4 (and with it turned off, too) as well as if connected to another socket in the same wall but it doesn't when connected to the laptop's power strip which is connected to a socket in another wall. Plus, it already does that noise if I only connect it to the power strip and disconnect the remaining said devices. I was told a fire wouldn't start because of this but according to you it could if using two power strips connected to each other and connected to the same wall socket?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

a whistling noise is likely power related. I'd stick that hdd into a different enclosure, unless it's the hdd itself.

Now I'm worried about a fire starting because I have a lot of connected devices. Overnight, I click the PS5's external HDD's power strip's switch (and then I won't have the PS5's external HDD's noise problem), but after clicking it again, the HDMI switch (which isn't even connected to the power strip but to the TV via USB cable [and HDMI cable]), the set-top box and sometimes (which I also find it odd) the PS TV automatically turn on and the PS5's external HDD takes some time to be recognized by the console (as well as the set-top box's TV channel app to work). The same thing happens if I have a power outage and turn on the distribution board or if I take their power cords and connect them again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?