A lot of lag when playing PSP games on Adrenaline

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Because fat32 can cause lag.

But I was talking about a standalone ARK-4 issue and the slowness one has to do with Adrenaline, which I didn't even reinstall after rebuilding the PS TV's database to see if it still arises in both PS Vita and PS TV. Also, I didn't use FAT32 in the PS Vita too.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Damn. You certainly have an attitude problem.

Sorry, my bad. This is the problem with copy paste. I forgot to say in this thread's reply I was talking about standalone ARK-4's issues, not the Adrenaline one. I updated the other threads where I complained about PS Vita's standalone ARK-4's issues with these fixes and copied what I typed there to this thread and forgot to update the text here.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Actually, I've been using an exFAT microSD card in the PS Vita and an exFAT USB flash drive in the PS TV.

Do you know what is this "NPEG00005" game that appears in PS Vita's/PS TV's ARK-4?

EDIT: It seems it's Ape Quest (demo) that I downloaded from the PSN and installed to be used by FastARK to install ARK-4. In my opinion it doesn't make sense to appear in ARK-4.

EDIT 2: After all, I still have this problem.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, I think the slowdown is either plugin related or memory card/sd2vita related.

After all, I only have slowness (at least for now, since I'm playing Dragon Walker from the start) in the #17 and #18 Awakened! level when Android 18 approaches Krillin to kiss him after defeating it and Android 17 with Vegeta when playing the european Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team ISO on Adrenaline in the PS Vita and the PS TV.

EDIT: So, this time I removed some plugins and although Android 18 no longer freezes while moving and has the same speed if setting "CPU CLOCK XMB" and "CPU CLOCK GAME" to "Default" in both cases, it's still slower than my PSP, so is it possible Adrenaline is just slower than the PSP in this scene and nothing can be done about it?

Here's my PS Vita's plugin configuration:

# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/0syscall6.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx
ur0:tai/noavls.skprx
ur0:tai/nosleep.skprx
ur0:tai/reAuth.skprx
ur0:tai/staybright.skprx
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
ur0:tai/nolockscreen.suprx
ur0:tai/shellbat.suprx
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget

Here's my PS TV's plugin configuration:

# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/0syscall6.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx
ur0:tai/nosleep.skprx
ur0:tai/reAuth.skprx
ur0:tai/staybright.skprx
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget

I find it odd that I'm not having the previous issue (even though it wasn't entirely fixed) when I'm sure I previously tried with no plugins installed.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It baffles me that he has so many issues with PSP, PS2, PS3, and whatever. When I followed the instructions and hacked the systems they all worked accordingly.

I'd honestly never spend so much time on it as he does, but that's his decision. And I don't mean to disrespect him with this post.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It baffles me that he has so many issues with PSP, PS2, PS3, and whatever. When I followed the instructions and hacked the systems they all worked accordingly.

I'd honestly never spend so much time on it as he does, but that's his decision. And I don't mean to disrespect him with this post.

Like I said, most issues weren't caused by me but by faulty hardware (I think), bad luck and bugs which were fixed (some of them) in the next updates.

After running AutoPlugin II and it detecting and installing plugin updates, plugins regarding Catherine Full Body, Persona 4 Golden and Vita Nearest Neighbour appeared out of nowhere in "ur0:tai/plugins" even though they're not set in the config.txt file. I deleted them.

EDIT: Now, after running AutoPlugin II again and it detecting and installing plugin updates once more, the plugins regarding Catherine Full Body, Persona 4 Golden and Vita Nearest Neighbour reappeared out of nowhere in "ur0:tai/plugins" and I deleted them again. Maybe they always reappear after deleting them and AutoPlugin II detecting and installing plugin updates.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Its caused of you, sorry to say it.

1 - you have to many plugins, this make not even sense what you have.

2 - you have to restart and put on and off your PSTV from time to time, otherwise you lag of slowdowns. You can also feel it from the bubble menu, that you have slowdowns. This is homebrew man.

3 - USB over PSTV make the most trouble.

4 - Adrenalin will give you slowdowns, when change the filter settings. From time to time you must put off your console and restart it. PSX with Filter brings a lot slowdowns, for what ever reason over PSTV. Adrenalin runs over kernel exploit (plugins)

5 - AutoPlugin II, there is a warning not to use it ! Make only trouble. And you dont need it for Adrenalin.

Was you ever read any information about what you install on your vita system ? And after 12 pages you are not willing to learn. so its wasting of time.

Reactions: GIKAS1 and Marc_LFD

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Its caused of you, sorry to say it.

1 - you have to many plugins, this make not even sense what you have.

2 - you have to restart and put on and off your PSTV from time to time, otherwise you lag of slowdowns. You can also feel it from the bubble menu, that you have slowdowns. This is homebrew man.

3 - USB over PSTV make the most trouble.

4 - Adrenalin will give you slowdowns, when change the filter settings. From time to time you must put off your console and restart it. PSX with Filter brings a lot slowdowns, for what ever reason over PSTV. Adrenalin runs over kernel exploit (plugins)

5 - AutoPlugin II, there is a warning not to use it ! Make only trouble. And you dont need it for Adrenalin.

Was you ever read any information about what you install on your vita system ? And after 12 pages you are not willing to learn. so its wasting of time.

1 - I'm sure I didn't use any plugins before and I still had this issue. Anyway, now at least I don't have too many plugins for sure after removing some like I said;

2 - I have bubble and Adrenaline slowness after turning on the PS Vita and the PS TV for the first time, so restarting them doesn't fix these issues. It's homebrew, so what? Does it necessarily have to be faulty?

3 - I've been using SD2VITA lately on the PS TV (at the time I was told to use USB 2.0 on it) and I still have issues;

4 - I never used filters nor played PS1 games on Adrenaline and I still have slowness, including after turning on the PS Vita and the PS TV for the first time;

5 - Where is that warning? It's easier to install plugins using AutoPlugin II than manually downloading and setting them and the plugins it offers are useful.

Yes, I always read the information about what I install on the PS Vita/PS TV.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dont ask for help, when using AutoPlugin II. You was not reading the informations. Use google and find it yourself.

''Plugins work all the time in your tai conf, even when you dont use it, so it brings slowdowns.'' Read the informations !

I had give you a answer on May 6, 2022, now we have 2023 and you are still not willing to learn and stay where you are.

Sorry man... No one can help you.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Dont ask for help, when using AutoPlugin II. You was not reading the informations. Use google and find it yourself.

''Plugins work all the time in your tai conf, even when you dont use it, so it brings slowdowns.'' Read the informations !

I had give you a answer on May 6, 2022, now we have 2023 and you are still not willing to learn and stay where you are.

I was told to use AutoPlugin II when I asked for help in the first place. Like I said, I did read the information. Plus, after searching Google, I was redirected to some sites saying to use AutoPlugin II.

I don't know what was that answer and I don't have to recall it, anyway. Also, it's precisely why I learned new things I didn't stay where I was.

I was already helped by a Reddit user who told me to keep using AutoPlugin II and like I said, the issue was partially fixed (Android 18 no longer freezes while moving but it's still slower than my PSP). Also, I have this partial issue even with no AutoPlugin II plugins and AutoPlugin II itself installed so there's nothing I can do about it and it's not my fault but Adrenaline's. I don't have this partial issue in PS Vita's standalone ARK-4, although it has another issue like me and the developer itself already said in ARK-4's GitHub's repository's README.md.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Daisy-chaining powerstrip will overload the wires in the powerstrip. The heat from the overload may cause a fire. Each powerstrip should be plugged into the wall. Devices that do not work properly from the console's USB port will need additional power from another outlet.

Are the NoSleep and Staybright plugins really needed for the PS TV or just for the PS Vita?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You essentially just use the plugins that are useful to you, that's it.

Great as the Vita is, and I have the OLED model which I always wanted, I don't actually make use of. Then again, I've not boot up any of my other gaming consoles (PS2, PS3, 360, 3DS, DS Lite, Wii) either (plenty of kids would love to have all these consoles sitting here).

I did purchase a 512MB GCN Memory Card (arrives about 2-3 weeks time) so that should motivate me to play the games I want and never finished (Mario Sunshine).

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You essentially just use the plugins that are useful to you, that's it.

Great as the Vita is, and I have the OLED model which I always wanted, I don't actually make use of. Then again, I've not boot up any of my other gaming consoles (PS2, PS3, 360, 3DS, DS Lite, Wii) either (plenty of kids would love to have all these consoles sitting here).

I did purchase a 512MB GCN Memory Card (arrives about 2-3 weeks time) so that should motivate me to play the games I want and never finished (Mario Sunshine).

OK, but do they actually do something on the PS TV? Does the PS TV also goes to Standby Mode and dims?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto